Week 7 Henry Co vs Springfield

brian2000

29 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I will say the Crenshaw we saw in the second half wasn’t the same one we saw in the first half. I think the pick six lit a fire under him for the second half. He may well have been the best player on the field in the second half. The Henry County QB thoroughly outplayed him in the first half though

That first long pass they threw on their first drive......I believe i could have caught that bc the FS let him go right by him. He didn’t stay in much after that. Our passing was off first half. A little self inflicted 

Just getting home, 1st off congrats to HC, it is almost better to get blown out than to lose a close game like that. Anyway, both sides had/has injuries, no excuses from me, HC just held up and had a great play call on the 2 pt convo at the end, I too thought they would run #0 behind #76 there and coincidentally the Jackets were prepared for that, they even had the reverse defended, but were slightly out of position on the pass part of it. Had they got the ball 1st and scored, and then we scored 2nd I believe we would have gone for 2 and the win as well. Great line play for HC, they won the region tonight imo, and I like our chances of meeting again in the 3rd round, I dont care how good Munford is...

I also am proud of the Yellow Jackets, our QB grew up some tonight and the team overall got better. They responded to the adversity and absolutely did NOT fold. Even though HC was better on the line, it is not too big of a gap for SPT to compete, In fact the Jackets line played really well against their line despite the size disadvantage. I really hope we can do this one more time in Nov because I hearts need this stress again...lol

2 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I think he’s right with the Beech/Springfield prediction… they’re absolutely rolling right now. I could see them being 10 point favorite as it stands.

And I don't see us playing to win that game. If it's like anything in the past starters will play first half with many subs second half

Good win on the road tonight for HC. Great adjustments second half for spt had them on edge. I was surprised how well we ran the ball second half. Makes me wonder how well the starting tailback will do when he gets back if the rematch happens. Spt wr was open all night especially down field which film showed us that before hand. Crenshaw was like 2-14 first half and gave a gift td to them . Settled down and played well second half. No mistakes except for not getting everyone set which got the td called back. Very fun game