Springfield High Yellow Jackets (6-1) vs Beech High Buccaneers (5-1)

1 hour ago, RollRed said:

I don’t know about all that, can’t remember your prediction. It’s just everyone acts like Springfield made a miraculous comeback in the 2nd half. You can rewatch the 2nd. After Conroy got hurt on the line the next play was right for the 2nd player. Boyd stepped up and made a huge tackle on Crenshaw flipping him end over end, but Boyd got injured. After that most of the runs where through that hole. Without that it looked like the jackets where gonna get left with a 0 at home again. 

FACEPALM! It’s to much to type and explain play by play so go back and look at the first drive after halftime. Start at 1:37:30. Boyd getting hurdled and diving at cleats three times. 87 not much of a factor. 87 is LDE and 3 is FS on same side. Jackets made adjustments at halftime and was back to themselves as they marched right on down the field before those injuries.   87 looks to have got hurt by own player laying on ground. It’s miraculous for HC that Devon over threw some recievers and gave a gift right before halftime. HC dbs were a step behind Jacket recievers. I hope both of those kids are alright! Lord willing we’ll see yall again!!!

https://youtu.be/3nkrXAADLsI

Edited by brian2000

2 hours ago, RollRed said:

I don’t know about all that, can’t remember your prediction. It’s just everyone acts like Springfield made a miraculous comeback in the 2nd half. You can rewatch the 2nd. After Conroy got hurt on the line the next play was right for the 2nd player. Boyd stepped up and made a huge tackle on Crenshaw flipping him end over end, but Boyd got injured. After that most of the runs where through that hole. Without that it looked like the jackets where gonna get left with a 0 at home again. 

The Patriots won because the "star OC" put up a whole 7 points in the 1st half. Masterful play calling and perfect timing! 7 the 2nd half also! Springfield lost because they missed 4948364363 WRs running wide open and couldn't connect. The OC will be back on track soon. There are not any good defenses left on their schedule till deep in the playoffs. Patriots score 40+ next 5 games! 

Mt Juliet/Henry Semi Finals. 

26 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

The Patriots won because the "star OC" put up a whole 7 points in the 1st half. Masterful play calling and perfect timing! 7 the 2nd half also! Springfield lost because they missed 4948364363 WRs running wide open and couldn't connect. The OC will be back on track soon. There are not any good defenses left on their schedule till deep in the playoffs. Patriots score 40+ next 5 games! 

Mt Juliet/Henry Semi Finals. 

That "star OC" did the Steph Curry "night night" after converting the 2pt. conversion. :wink::grin:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brian2000 said:

FACEPALM! It’s to much to type and explain play by play so go back and look at the first drive after halftime. Start at 1:37:30. Boyd getting hurdled and diving at cleats three times. 87 not much of a factor. 87 is LDE and 3 is FS on same side. Jackets made adjustments at halftime and was back to themselves as they marched right on down the field before those injuries.   87 looks to have got hurt by own player laying on ground. It’s miraculous for HC that Devon over threw some recievers and gave a gift right before halftime. HC dbs were a step behind Jacket recievers. I hope both of those kids are alright! Lord willing we’ll see yall again!!!

https://youtu.be/3nkrXAADLsI

The HC defensive pressure caused that mistake by your quarterback. I’ll never understand why it’s so hard for opposing teams fans to give credit. I’m not talking about my team only just in general. Your QB had to rush some of his missed passes because of pressure. I will always give the opposing team credit when they beat us.

Edited by SEC1rules
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, eers said:

Depends on who you ask I suppose. I thought Beech controlled the game and it could have been 2-3 scores. A couple of plays and very questionable officiating (5-6 “penalties” on one drive resulted in a FG with all the momentum, a TD called back on an offensive face mask by our RB resulting in a turnover on downs, and our infamous 6 yd punt) made the score closer than what it felt like, but that’s football I suppose. Could have easily been 37-14. 

An HC DB also dropped an INT close to the goal line that resulted in points for Beech. Beech won and that’s what matters at the end of the day.  

24 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

The HC defensive pressure caused that mistake by your quarterback. I’ll never understand why it’s so hard for opposing teams fans to give credit. I’m not talking about my team only just in general. Your QB had to rush some of his missed passes because of pressure. I will always give the opposing team credit when they beat us.

Tell me about it....I can’t understand opposing fan....instead of giving credit to halftime adjustments and making plays they make the excuse only reason Springfield scored was bc 2 players got hurt. It’s on tape....Jackets marched it on down before both injuries. 

And Devon should have made better decision to take sack and go on in to halftime.  I knew going in Jackets couldn’t afford self inflictions, bc of respect for HC, it was difference in the game. However great game both 2 good teams.

Edited by brian2000

6 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

Tell me about it....I can’t understand opposing fan....instead of giving credit to halftime adjustments and making plays they make the excuse only reason Springfield scored was bc 2 players got hurt. It’s on tape....Jackets marched it on down before both injuries. 

Suuuure so the ability was always there. Let’s just wait till halftime to make it more interesting ;-) 

7 hours ago, eers said:

Yeah, I missed that one, but I did get the W/L right. I also came back and admitted I missed it and has not given Springfield enough credit.

Go ahead and admit it, when it was 14-0 you were thinking I was going to be spot on with the score too. 

Yea i give you credit on cadmitting the score was wrong..however actually at 14-0 i wasnt thinking you where right still for the simple fact 7 was a gift. We did nothing offensively the first half and they could only come up with 7 points. Our receivers where open all night we just couldnt connect.  Now if we would have came out and stalled in the third...then yes i would start to worry.  

1 minute ago, bigdawgtn said:

Yea i give you credit on cadmitting the score was wrong..however actually at 14-0 i wasnt thinking you where right still for the simple fact 7 was a gift. We did nothing offensively the first half and they could only come up with 7 points. Our receivers where open all night we just couldnt connect.  Now if we would have came out and stalled in the third...then yes i would start to worry.  

A gift? That was a beautiful pass. 

4 hours ago, RollRed said:

Weeeeeeeell, no one seems to remember Henry County’s Defense held the jackets in check a whole half and pretty much only after 2 guys on our defense got hurt on back to back plays the jackets where able to exploit a couple of 2nd string players they were finally able to get something going. 

dude come on i was taking you as the smart one over there. Recievers where running open all night...we was 2-15 passing in the first half.  If he connects on half of those you have a massive different ball game. But you know the old saying about ifs...can;t wait for another classic in a few months

All of this 2 of 15 and WRa running open all night but we couldn’t hit them talk only solidifies what I’ve been saying. I don’t think the qb is consistent enough to beat Beech through the air. They will hit a couple big ones, but I don’t think they can consistently drive the ball. I’ve been wrong before (and most certainly will be again)… and that’s where the 31-14 comes from.