Greeneville Football at Oak Ridge

noonesfool

47 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I’m not ready for that yet, at all. The guy inherited a 3-8 team, and  is implementing a whole new philosophical approach, not to mention a culture change. It’s gonna take more than one or two years before I even come close to making that kind of call. 

Seems like there’s quite a few just wanting to kick someone while they’re down to me … the best thing about tonight for Oak ridge I thought was the interview with Coach Cummings after the game … he was absolutely tore to pieces over it , he didn’t try to downplay nothing, he let the whole world know that this wasn’t good enough. He seems to me like he’s still got a lot of fight left in him and he showed for a lot of years at West that he could field a team with a lot of Heart and Fight , and I think right now that’s exactly what Oak Ridge needs 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

It's been a long time since I saw an Oak Ridge team get scragged like that at home, OR was never in it, 3 fumbles deep in OR territory, 3 quick Greeneville scores, plus one 70-yard drive and it was 28-0 with 4 minutes left in the 1st Quarter.  Things seemed to stabilize a bit after that, as Greeneville scored to go up 35-0 and then OR hit a long ball to cut it to 35-7 at halftime.  OR got a Greeneville fumble but could not score in the red zone and missed a field goal.  The 3rd quarter seemed to go back and forth and then it the last quarter a pick six and a kickoff that was not picked up cost OR two more scores. OR got a 75-yard run for a score before Greeneville tacked on those last two scores.  Obviously the first item of business if the Wildcats are to win another game this year is to eliminate the turnovers, take them out and this is a 14-14 game. Up front, the Green Devils bulldozed the OR defensive line in the first half, piling up a 136 to 3 yard advantage in rushing. No doubt the holes up front really hurts there. The lines have to get their injured guys back or if not forget about it and find guys that can play there if they are going to have a chance to even win one more game.  They also need to play harder and smarter, should never let a punt hit the return man inside the 20, and never let a kickoff roll around on the ground only to have the other team recover it for another short field score. Those are not paying attention to detail errors. If the QB throws the ball up and there are 3 dbs around the receiver, someone go for the football and pick it, don't stand there and let the receiver catch it. It was awful, it was ugly and while they may not have been able to win against a very good Greeneville team, they didn't need to get run out of Blankenship either. No sugar coating, it was bad. 

I have very little to say. I still stand by my statement that we had the best running back on the field, although theirs is good, I also believe that we had the best receiver on the field, although their #5 is very good, I also believe we had the best linebacker on the field, although theirs is good. Our top playmakers (some of them) turned the ball over and while we may have had the best at certain positions, they have the best team. Whoever said we would start a 4th string center, I'll just say that must have been by coach's  choice because the first string center played most of the game, although he didn't start, so that's another silly excuse that we can eliminate. 

36 minutes ago, catswild said:

I have very little to say. I still stand by my statement that we had the best running back on the field, although theirs is good, I also believe that we had the best receiver on the field, although their #5 is very good, I also believe we had the best linebacker on the field, although theirs is good. Our top playmakers (some of them) turned the ball over and while we may have had the best at certain positions, they have the best team. Whoever said we would start a 4th string center, I'll just say that must have been by coach's  choice because the first string center played most of the game, although he didn't start, so that's another silly excuse that we can eliminate. 

Like I’ve told you all year Catswild it doesn’t matter if you have the better athletes if your line is getting demolished all night long.  I will say I believe Carson Quillen the Sophmore for Greeneville was the best RB on the field last night with over 120 yards and more than Dozier and Hundley combined.  Kelly is a great linebacker but give me Dickson for Greeneville any day or Pilar #9 I feel Are better overall and only Juniors.    

I also feel like some of your athletes have a big head and run their mouth to much (#1 in particular).  He had ran his mouth all game and then gets the ball on a short pass and our DB knocked it our for a fumble.  I wouldn’t be running my mouth down 3-4 scores early.  

I was at the game last night and it was over 3 minutes into the game.

29 minutes ago, HTV said:

Those dogging Scott at this point are really misguided.  If you want to point fingers, point them at those in charge before he got there.  They allowed the culture to get completely disombobulated.  It's not going to be fixed overnight.  

Good post HTV. Not just football, but schools, marriages, corporations, whatever it is, it takes time. You also have to have buy in. I would suggest that 16-18 year olds with fans, buddies and parents whispering in their ear is the hardest audience.

Edited by noonesfool

54 minutes ago, HTV said:

Those dogging Scott at this point are really misguided.  If you want to point fingers, point them at those in charge before he got there.  They allowed the culture to get completely disombobulated.  It's not going to be fixed overnight.  

I'm not one who is dogging Cummings but you sound like Biden. And if the last staff caused those four turnovers in the first quarter, I'm also glad that they're gone.

33 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Like I’ve told you all year Catswild it doesn’t matter if you have the better athletes if your line is getting demolished all night long.  I will say I believe Carson Quillen the Sophmore for Greeneville was the best RB on the field last night with over 120 yards and more than Dozier and Hundley combined.  Kelly is a great linebacker but give me Dickson for Greeneville any day or Pilar #9 I feel Are better overall and only Juniors.    

I also feel like some of your athletes have a big head and run their mouth to much (#1 in particular).  He had ran his mouth all game and then gets the ball on a short pass and our DB knocked it our for a fumble.  I wouldn’t be running my mouth down 3-4 scores early.  

I was at the game last night and it was over 3 minutes into the game.

I actually agree with you partially. Line play was the difference and I agree that Quillen is a young star at running back. BUT...if Dozier was running behind the Greenville line, I think you would say Dozier was better...but I'd take Quillen at running back any day. Some of the OR guys do run their mouths too much so we agree again.

• Upvote 1