1A AP Poll Entering Week 8

PHSRollTide

On 10/4/2022 at 2:14 PM, NigCuppy said:

What are Peabody’s true expectations for this season?  I know the Driggers-Kee connection is solid but are they anywhere near the level at other positions that they’ve been in the past?

I think we are more balanced and less predictable. When Ganaway left we spread the ball more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Apparently you’ve never been in a field house or are a woman. 17 year old boys I’m not even sure if at 18 a boys brain is fully developed yet :roflolk:

I've been one of those kids. Also got sent to alternative school because that's what tends to happen when you get into a fight on school grounds. 

2 hours ago, Tide21 said:

You can have skill and prepare and execute and still not be lucky and lose. 

McKenzie  won. They also won the turnover battle 4 to 0. In my opinion, if Trenton didn’t turn it over 4 times in the semifinal (most of which was self inflicted turnovers) Trenton wins the game. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, the facts are Trenton did turn the ball over and McKenzie did what quality teams do they made them pay for the turnovers. It still baffles me that even with the 4 turnovers Trenton still had an opportunity to win the game at the end. This is a new year with many of the same players on both teams. It is going to be a fun November seeing how this all plays out. Many people are sleeping  on Peabody, but I see them finding a new identity. For someone to even ask what the expectation is for this team says a lot of what people are thinking of this team. 

6 hours ago, Tide21 said:

You can have skill and prepare and execute and still not be lucky and lose. 

he knows that , sometimes our ego is so inflated you just can’t say truth, without luck we don’t win in the Fairley year, yes Franks got the ball which was skill, but still luck is involved or chaos theory , either or !

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

McKenzie  won. They also won the turnover battle 4 to 0. In my opinion, if Trenton didn’t turn it over 4 times in the semifinal (most of which was self inflicted turnovers) Trenton wins the game. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, the facts are Trenton did turn the ball over and McKenzie did what quality teams do they made them pay for the turnovers. It still baffles me that even with the 4 turnovers Trenton still had an opportunity to win the game at the end. This is a new year with many of the same players on both teams. It is going to be a fun November seeing how this all plays out. Many people are sleeping  on Peabody, but I see them finding a new identity. For someone to even ask what the expectation is for this team says a lot of what people are thinking of this team. 

I believe if Peabody doesn't run that fake punt late in the 2nd quarter which lead to a McKenzie score. Peabody would have won the game. I still don't understand the fake punt call. They were on their own 24 yard line.

4 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I believe if Peabody doesn't run that fake punt late in the 2nd quarter which lead to a McKenzie score. Peabody would have won the game. I still don't understand the fake punt call. They were on their own 24 yard line.

Yeah and running khalik over and over again at the end 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Yeah and running khalik over and over again at the end 

They moved the ball right down the field running Khalik over and over at the end until they started passing. No one stopped Khalik all year last year. Look at the film, the losses to Huntingdon and McKenzie are the only two games the first series was 2 pass plays and 1 run play, but both ended with 3 and outs to start the game. We start those games with what we did best and I believe the result would have been different in both. You go with what got you there. Khalik was 2x Mr. Football and he didn’t get the ball in the first series to start either one of those games. I guarantee that McKenzie will get the ball in Taylor’s hands somehow the first series in there big playoff games.

4 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

They moved the ball right down the field running Khalik over and over at the end until they started passing. No one stopped Khalik all year last year. Look at the film, the losses to Huntingdon and McKenzie are the only two games the first series was 2 pass plays and 1 run play, but both ended with 3 and outs to start the game. We start those games with what we did best and I believe the result would have been different in both. You go with what got you there. Khalik was 2x Mr. Football and he didn’t get the ball in the first series to start either one of those games. I guarantee that McKenzie will get the ball in Taylor’s hands somehow the first series in there big playoff games.

I believe Huntingdon won by a bigger margin than you can score on a opening series. 

3 minutes ago, horse said:

I believe Huntingdon won by a bigger margin than you can score on a opening series. 

They whooped us up front on our defensive line. We go three and out and then Huntingdon scores and it took wind out of our sails because we realized real quick that we were not going to stop you all night. If we score first then I think our mentality could have been different. No doubt your offensive line dominated but I think mentally after going three and out and then how easy you guys scored on us it was very deflating. 

26 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

They more than likely thought there was something they could exploit in the secondary of Huntingdon and throwing the ball right off the bat was probably thought to be not what would be expected since we ran khalik so much. 

running khalik at the end caused us to be in a passing situation which was to the benefit of McKenzie all they had to do was drop in to coverage