The “REAL” Rural West TN Top 10 Week 8

7 hours ago, DiscoDuck said:

To me, the biggest win by UC was their win over USJ. Yes, they destroyed LC but the Falcons were in the middle of a coaching upheaval  at the time. That had much to do with the scoring difference. The rest of their wins they were supposed to win big. Thus, nothing extraordinary there.  Westview defeating UC like they did was a statement win. With the way USJ has played since the UC win earlier, they have been on an absolute tear. I now wonder if that close victory was a big win or a fluke win. I'm much more impressed with Westview right now.

More to do with the best player on a small roster not being there, No one player is t a 6 score difference maker but as the best back and best backer it would Habe made a big difference imo

14 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

This list is spot on. It took us a while to get our strings together. 

For anyone that went to Dresden/McKenzie, I'm curious to see what happened in that game. Not surprised in the outcome, but surprised in the beatdown.

Dresden did not have or attempt to have a running game which was a surprise to me. McKenzie sat back in pass coverage and was still able to pressure their QB. I know the score don't reflect it but Dresden's defense looked pretty solid for the most part you just cant give McKenzie that many chances on offense.

6 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

Dresden did not have or attempt to have a running game which was a surprise to me. McKenzie sat back in pass coverage and was still able to pressure their QB. I know the score don't reflect it but Dresden's defense looked pretty solid for the most part you just cant give McKenzie that many chances on offense.

We double offensive plays.  I was shocked they didn't try to line up and run more.  

image.png.122b77302683de21d850af8fbd7df9b9.png

Just now, Tigersandcats said:

The only thing that sticks out here for concern for y’all is two turnovers and the 110 yards in penalties. The rest of the stats is total domination. Wow!

One of the turnovers, the defensive back made a fantastic play on a 50 / 50 ball. The second one, we forced a throw trying to make a play, and Dresden played it well.  

The penalties are an issue.  But, last year at our place vs Dresden, penalties were an issue.  It seemed to not be an issue after this game.  I will just say, Coaches like working the sideline judges some...on both sides. 

10 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

One of the turnovers, the defensive back made a fantastic play on a 50 / 50 ball. The second one, we forced a throw trying to make a play, and Dresden played it well.  

The penalties are an issue.  But, last year at our place vs Dresden, penalties were an issue.  It seemed to not be an issue after this game.  I will just say, Coaches like working the sideline judges some...on both sides. 

We got four ineligible down field.  Two of them were 100% legit.  The other 2....well...

38 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

That’s wild I wonder why they didn’t run the ball ?