Lake Co vs Haywood

mrbigster

Sad that games like this happen. I applaud teams for playing up in competition, but competition is the key word, and a small 1A school (no matter how tough) has no business on the field with the best team in the western 1/3 of the state. No moral victories to be had, just beating up and demoralizing a good 1A team with no shot to gain anything from it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, tradertwo said:

Sad that games like this happen. I applaud teams for playing up in competition, but competition is the key word, and a small 1A school (no matter how tough) has no business on the field with the best team in the western 1/3 of the state. No moral victories to be had, just beating up and demoralizing a good 1A team with no shot to gain anything from it.

Thanks.

Read my prior post.

11 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

To me, if I were a coach,  and I knew that I was vastly superior to my opponent, I'd try & keep the score under 30 as long as I could. My thought process would be, I'm giving my 2nd & 3rd stringers more snaps in the game.  

That's just me.   

Yes but looks like they wanting to score with them calling timeouts.None of the 3 are dressed in their uniform.10 min quarters

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

One problem…a 2nd bye week! LC can’t find games with any 1A and many 2A schools.