Columbia Central

Pizzpatriot2

38 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Don't have a dog in the fight, but I think everyone is forgetting something vitally important. I don't know the coach from Adam, but this is not a coach fault on the surface. Here is why I say that. Kids are malleable, and it  first and foremost starts at home a good 10 years before they ever get to high school. As a parent who set through sidelines  with no discipline and teams with the utmost respect and discipline , I can tell you from looking through those group of parents you could pick out those who caudle and babied their boys. respect is something young men learn at home and understand it is always expected. Good season, good Coach, Bad season bad coach.... good boss, good job, bad boss bad job... you finish what you start with integrity, regardless. Too many parents, in their kids ear about how the coaches suck, or team is losing because Johnny isn't playing more. ... Johnny isn't playing , because he refuses to put the work in... does't know the plays... and has a half assed attitude about everything an is tearing down other.... Like I said... before they tar and feather the coach, they need to ask themselves if they hold their kids to the standards they want from their coach. I bet there are a handful of these parents that are as much the problem as the coach... Great programs take everyone working together 

My comment on it being in the coach was with the (mis)understanding he pulled them off the field and quit. 

52 minutes ago, eers said:

My comment on it being in the coach was with the (mis)understanding he pulled them off the field and quit. 

I get it,,, I was just saying that these boys quit before that from what I understand... and that is coaching in a sense, but it starts with being taught you finish what you start and don't halfway do anything 

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Sounds like what may be transpiring in the 1A/2A post down at Richland. 

Hate it for this/that program and am so glad we don’t have this problem. Even before the good times of late, I don’t ever remember anything like what is happening transpiring at Page!

I think you pretty much hit the head on the nail regarding a thread that @GeneralForrest started also in the 1A/2A threads related to officiating.

Kids have this messed up ideology that they what the whole world wants and needs. They deserve 20 bucks for flipping burgers, and showing up to work is a gift. Once upon a time we had to earn respect, and once we did we cherished it and we respected those folks back. social media and everybody gets a trophy has screwed this world up...... 

Edited by Blaze45
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ttown58 said:

Not from the Columbia area. just curious why they didn't they keep Coach Moore, I thought he did a good job last year.

What was stated on the Columbia thread last winter/spring was that it wasn’t so much Moore as it was Columbia dropping down from 6A to 5A. Still though, they did well and, you just have to wonder the reason that success has not been replicated this season?.?.

1 hour ago, JayinTN said:

well since we're talking teenagers probably yes lol

That was a play on last years Giles/Alcoa thread lol

Saw Columbia play Nolensville, with arguably better athletes top to bottom, and look like the worst coached team I've seen in years. Sharp has shown his true colors with this one. Columbia was a solid-to-ok team the last couple of years, and they look like they didn't do anything all summer long leading up to the season. I wouldn't be surprised if the player's are frustrated. They let a pretty good coach walk last year. 

On 10/9/2022 at 6:52 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Even before the good times of late, I don’t ever remember anything like what is happening transpiring at Page!

Glad to hear you acknowledge Page has only been good the last couple of seasons and are historically one of the worst programs in the history of TN HS football.