Columbia Central

Pizzpatriot2

Take with a grain of salt but fairly reliable to me source: (But, I'm not a person of high importance like my buddy @tradertwo so I don't claim to be on the "in") Something like seven minutes left in the 4th with Giles County driving with ease and up by 20, CC kids started getting personal fouls; something like three or four and moved the ball half of the field or so in yards because of penalties. Said it was so bad that a major fight was just about to break out. Columbia's kids were done and looking to fight so, the refs called the game. Was stated in there the Columbia kids just left the field or the Giles kids stayed but said it looked like Columbia just walked off the field. Don't know if before or after the refs called it.

On 2/8/2022 at 3:27 PM, tradertwo said:

Since the "news" broke, I 'll give you a few tidbits that I know (but urge you to treat as heresay)...Sharp could have gone many places, some on the pinnacle, some trying to get the corner turned, and in many capacities. This is old news...by November Sharp knew that he was gone from LC (not sure when he told them), and was involved in at least a few conversations with some (apparently) trustworthy people about other positions at other places. The element of trust will not be broken by me, especially after being kept so well for so long by so many, but I will say that I've gotten a lot of giggles out of one of Sharp's former players (current coach), who was brought up in contrast to Coach Sharp. The ultimate irony is that this guru coach that the poster held in such regard had an offer out to B Sharp to join him at his school at the time (don't believe... I hit it with a "wait and see" in November). I can tell you without breaking any trust at all, that we were trying to hire Sharp in whatever capacity (other than HC) that we could get him. Bobby Sharp is an asset to any football team...I wish that we'd have gotten him here, but wish him all the success at CC that he can muster.

We'll let @tradertwo fill us in on what the coaches next move is going to be. Who knows, he may be going to Scotts Hill. 

6 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I hope Sharp leaves Columbia Central as quickly as possible come 11/1.  He has gotten little support and the coaches that he would have had all left for greener pastures.  

This whole ordeal is bad and it stems from Hoath being fired last year.  

I'm with you. I don't think he knew or even had any idea of what he was walking into. I'm sure now he wishes he hadn't. But honestly, he topped out at Lewis County. I can understand the need to go someplace where he thought he could advance further. Regardless, that place is worse than Winchester a few years back and Marshall County a decade ago!

I didn't even know that program was in such terrible shape. I did say that they needed to get parents out of the way, however. Also, I wonder why all or most of the assistant coaches left; if it was because of the situation or if it was truly advantageous coaching opportunities? Moving down last year from 6A to 5A really helped them and I'm sure Sharp was counting on that to be beneficial.

29 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Take with a grain of salt but fairly reliable to me source: (But, I'm not a person of high importance like my buddy @tradertwo so I don't claim to be on the "in") Something like seven minutes left in the 4th with Giles County driving with ease and up by 20, CC kids started getting personal fouls; something like three or four and moved the ball half of the field or so in yards because of penalties. Said it was so bad that a major fight was just about to break out. Columbia's kids were done and looking to fight so, the refs called the game. Was stated in there the Columbia kids just left the field or the Giles kids stayed but said it looked like Columbia just walked off the field. Don't know if before or after the refs called it.

We'll let @tradertwo fill us in on what the coaches next move is going to be. Who knows, he may be going to Scotts Hill. 

I'm with you. I don't think he knew or even had any idea of what he was walking into. I'm sure now he wishes he hadn't. But honestly, he topped out at Lewis County. I can understand the need to go someplace where he thought he could advance further. Regardless, that place is worse than Winchester a few years back and Marshall County a decade ago!

I didn't even know that program was in such terrible shape. I did say that they needed to get parents out of the way, however. Also, I wonder why all or most of the assistant coaches left; if it was because of the situation or if it was truly advantageous coaching opportunities? Moving down last year from 6A to 5A really helped them and I'm sure Sharp was counting on that to be beneficial.

I never implied that I was/am a person of "high importance", just that Scotts Hill's coach was talking to Sharp about him coming here long before the gossipers suspected it and knew of some other offers that he (Sharp) had on the table because he was transparent about the situation. Sharp's "next move" (he has a job now, so you're speculating) is not something that I'm presently worried about, but if someone confides in me with details about it in the future, I can guarantee that it won't be posted here (or anyplace) by me.

Don't have a dog in the fight, but I think everyone is forgetting something vitally important. I don't know the coach from Adam, but this is not a coach fault on the surface. Here is why I say that. Kids are malleable, and it  first and foremost starts at home a good 10 years before they ever get to high school. As a parent who set through sidelines  with no discipline and teams with the utmost respect and discipline , I can tell you from looking through those group of parents you could pick out those who caudle and babied their boys. respect is something young men learn at home and understand it is always expected. Good season, good Coach, Bad season bad coach.... good boss, good job, bad boss bad job... you finish what you start with integrity, regardless. Too many parents, in their kids ear about how the coaches suck, or team is losing because Johnny isn't playing more. ... Johnny isn't playing , because he refuses to put the work in... does't know the plays... and has a half assed attitude about everything an is tearing down other.... Like I said... before they tar and feather the coach, they need to ask themselves if they hold their kids to the standards they want from their coach. I bet there are a handful of these parents that are as much the problem as the coach... Great programs take everyone working together 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Don't have a dog in the fight, but I think everyone is forgetting something vitally important. I don't know the coach from Adam, but this is not a coach fault on the surface. Here is why I say that. Kids are malleable, and it  first and foremost starts at home a good 10 years before they ever get to high school. As a parent who set through sidelines  with no discipline and teams with the utmost respect and discipline , I can tell you from looking through those group of parents you could pick out those who caudle and babied their boys. respect is something young men learn at home and understand it is always expected. Good season, good Coach, Bad season bad coach.... good boss, good job, bad boss bad job... you finish what you start with integrity, regardless. Too many parents, in their kids ear about how the coaches suck, or team is losing because Johnny isn't playing more. ... Johnny isn't playing , because he refuses to put the work in... does't know the plays... and has a half assed attitude about everything an is tearing down other.... Like I said... before they tar and feather the coach, they need to ask themselves if they hold their kids to the standards they want from their coach. I bet there are a handful of these parents that are as much the problem as the coach... Great programs take everyone working together 

Sounds like what may be transpiring in the 1A/2A post down at Richland. 

Hate it for this/that program and am so glad we don’t have this problem. Even before the good times of late, I don’t ever remember anything like what is happening transpiring at Page!

I think you pretty much hit the head on the nail regarding a thread that @GeneralForrest started also in the 1A/2A threads related to officiating.

48 minutes ago, JayinTN said:

Per Chris Yow Main Street Prep Twitter 

And now there has been a fight. Central’s Jordon Davis came off the sideline and may find himself out tonight and the next game. The officials have ended the football game with Giles County winning(?) 49-28.

Was Giles on Instagram/Snapchat/Facebook last week before the game?