Columbia Central

Pizzpatriot2

On 10/8/2022 at 9:22 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Can anyone confirm they quit and walked off the field halfway through the fourth quarter last night?

Was there broadcasting Friday night. Game was well in hand for Giles County, but had not reached the running clock situation. Columbia scored a breakaway touchdown to pull it to 49-28 -- just "close" enough to keep it interesting but tempers started flaring.

Lions flagged for two straight personal fouls, lots of scuffling behind the plays. Then a sideline hit out-of-bounds (on Giles County's only completion of the night) led to a little scuffle. Five personal fouls among the two teams. No real point in continuing the game at that point, so the refs called it.

On 10/11/2022 at 12:20 AM, vuau1989 said:

Saw Columbia play Nolensville, with arguably better athletes top to bottom, and look like the worst coached team I've seen in years. Sharp has shown his true colors with this one. Columbia was a solid-to-ok team the last couple of years, and they look like they didn't do anything all summer long leading up to the season. I wouldn't be surprised if the player's are frustrated. They let a pretty good coach walk last year. 

Moore didn't walk. He is still on staff as the OC. He didn't want to be the head coach after he realized what all being the head coach actually meant, he just wanted to be in charge.

8 hours ago, W.I.T. said:

Moore didn't walk. He is still on staff as the OC. He didn't want to be the head coach after he realized what all being the head coach actually meant, he just wanted to be in charge.

Didn't realize that. Good for him. They've taken a gigantic step back in terms of organization and effort. 

9 hours ago, vuau1989 said:

Didn't realize that. Good for him. They've taken a gigantic step back in terms of organization and effort. 

Not surprised!  When you use the "GOOD OLE BOY SYSTEM" when hiring coaches' people always seem to have issues.  Columbia is a great school that is truly set up to consistently win multiple state championships in several sports if they just have quality leadership.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 8:56 AM, cbg said:

Not surprised!  When you use the "GOOD OLE BOY SYSTEM" when hiring coaches' people always seem to have issues.  Columbia is a great school that is truly set up to consistently win multiple state championships in several sports if they just have quality leadership.  

Columbia is set up to be better than they are and be competitive in 5a but not to WIN multiple state championships. 

On 10/12/2022 at 2:30 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So here everyone can see your back pedaling. First it was, “Who are you trying to fool.  Milan hasn’t played for the title 3 times in the last 10 years.” (Which is what I think you were trying to say but we’re too stupid to word it properly.). Then it was “Milan hasn’t played for a gold ball in over a decade.” (Which we have 3 times in the last decade.) Now it is “Well you have but it doesn’t really count cause of Covid.”

Bwhahahahahah… you are so stupid and the sad thing is all of CoachT can see it with what you type. Bwhahahahahaha. Back pedaling when you get caught not knowing what your talking about. Bwhahahahahah…. I’m done with you Pizza girl. I can’t interact with someone this stupid. Bwhahahahahaha

No back peddling. You are excited to claim a Covid win because your team is not relevant, no longer. Maybe now that you are moving down in a classification, you may have more success.

7 hours ago, Paleghost44 said:

They must get a new coach, if they are going to win championships, the HOF coach that columbia got is not going to bring championships to columbia central football. Period

Again it’s all about leadership!  If you don’t have a school board that fully supports athletics along with a principal and administration that understands how athletics supplement the high school experience you will never consistently be successful.  Other than great leadership, winning state titles (all sports) at the high school level requires three main things:  a good mix of athletes from various socioeconomic backgrounds, community support and parental support.  Columbia Central High School has all of these things.  Just last night I had a discussion with a friend of mine that is a principal about his track and field coach.  I made the comment that the man had been at the school for twenty years and never finished in the top three at the state meet and it was time for him to go.  The response was that he had finished second in the state twice in cross county and had a few distance runners  win state titles.  During the back and forth conversation it was agreed that the coach was a good man and personal friend of the principal.  We both finally agreed that while the distance runners were receiving good coaching the sprinters, pole vaulters, high jumpers, throwers, and hurdlers were not receiving the proper coaching and a change should be made because those individuals were being cheated/short changed.  Many times people are not fired and failures are  overlooked because of long friendships.  What everyone must understand is that if a program is not successful the student athletes, community and parents are being cheated and difficult decisions must be made.