Mairvul goes two West

STARSNBARS

17 minutes ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Oh no no no. I have listened for years and years and years about how Maryville’s success was all about culture and coaching. Maryville fans always underplayed how talented their teams were and loved to claim they rarely had big time college recruits. Then talked about how coaching overcame all of it. 

Now when they truly don’t have more talented players, no big time QB for the first time in 30 years, no big time WR, they want to flip and blame the kids. Praise the coaches when they’re winning, blame the kids when they lose. 

^^^^ Dead nuts on.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Oh no no no. I have listened for years and years and years about how Maryville’s success was all about culture and coaching. Maryville fans always underplayed how talented their teams were and loved to claim they rarely had big time college recruits. Then talked about how coaching overcame all of it. 

Now when they truly don’t have more talented players, no big time QB for the first time in 30 years, no big time WR, they want to flip and blame the kids. Praise the coaches when they’re winning, blame the kids when they lose. 

I have a friend that played on the 70 Maryville team that saw one of my post saying I can't remember seeing a defensive backfield this bad going back to when I can remember the teams real well 52 years ago. He told me I was dead right and he can remember back to the early 60's and said we can add a few more years to that statement. Maryville has a qb that is serviceable at best, wr that can't get open, db's that are the worst in modern history running a 3 4 defense. Now we have just lost our best player running him to death trying to hide the bus riders from being exposed and I'm pretty sure it will only get worse from here. Without Vaughn next week we'll really get a peak into what next year will be like. I bet our travel heard will thin out next week going to Bradley and look like one of these schools that are ready for basketball season.

• Upvote 1

Just a week or so before the jamboree me and the Barber cornered up REBELRON up in the parking lot to give him a preview of what was instore so he would at least be prepared to get preparations in order. The bad thing is that it's worse than I thought and I needed to be prepared for all ale to fall apart like it has. We do lose some real good linemen that will be very hard to replace next year and I can already see teams that have never stood a chance with us foaming at the mouth for next year. if this is a bad dream will somebody come by my house and wake me up because I can't take any more.

56 minutes ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Agree. Those guys have broad shoulders and there is a bakers dozen of them drawing checks. I expect them to except the challenge and do what needs to be done. 

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The closer I look at it the more I'm sure. They're still the best team in Region 2 and Region 1 is pretty weak. They've already beat Science Hill easily, DB is an 8-1 team that plays like a 1-8 team, and Jeff. co is average at best. 

It's easy to imagine Region 2 sweeping Region 1 in the first round.

Maryville aint making the Semifinals

DB's a goner in the First Round per usual

And Science Hill cant be trusted

Only ones in Region 1 that might win a Playoff Game are Jeff County, West Ridge and maybe Morristown East

I think its either Farragut OR Bearden in Quadrant 1, they are the only ones from Quadrant 1 that I can see upsetting Oakland, maybe Bradley Central but thats doubtful

2 hours ago, chrisburr said:

Maryville aint making the Semifinals

DB's a goner in the First Round per usual

And Science Hill cant be trusted

Only ones in Region 1 that might win a Playoff Game are Jeff County, West Ridge and maybe Morristown East

I think its either Farragut OR Bearden in Quadrant 1, they are the only ones from Quadrant 1 that I can see upsetting Oakland, maybe Bradley Central but thats doubtful

How did Fulton do last night against Farragut?