Mairvul goes two West

STARSNBARS

34 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

What concerns me is  this. In 1996 Maryville struggled because of so many sophomores starting which made the 98 team tougher.  In 2000 and 2009 Maryville struggled some because of playing a bunch of sophomores.  2018 team lost to Alcoa and Oakland but that team was Junior dominated.  This years team is senior dominated.  Only 1 starter returns on defense.  Offense loses a lot plus no upper class man Quarterback to lean on. I think next year will be worse.

What you just described my good friend about next year will be called operation "Scorched Earth". It's where the coaching staff will ramble through the wreckage to find any survivors then call in the Red Cross for assistance afterwards. 

42 minutes ago, GovMan said:

Easy on the coaching evaluation my Maryville friends. Sometimes it’s the “Jimmy and Joes”, not the “X’s and O’s”.

Truth! Thx for the perspective. Sometimes we don’t like to admit it, but we usually have the best players on the field except for one or two games every year. We did have a D1 running back this year.

49 minutes ago, GovMan said:

Easy on the coaching evaluation my Maryville friends. Sometimes it’s the “Jimmy and Joes”, not the “X’s and O’s”.

Agreed.  I doubt the coaching has changed or gotten significantly worse in the past year or two- sometimes the talent and/or chemistry of a team just is not there. 

1 hour ago, strongx said:

I think we threw two pics behind or around the LOS. That might be a sign that we are an easy scout.

West looked to be the far superior team especially on both sides of the line of scrimmage, at the skill positions, and on special teams; but IMO they also looked too one dimensional on offense. I’m sure the good folks in Bradley county will be anxious to help us right the ship next week.

4 should get some reps at qb to prepare for next year. Evidently we don’t have any competition at that position.

Completely agree. It’s obvious Maryville doesn’t have the talent they’re use to having at most skill positions, outside of rb of course. But that’s where coaching comes into play. It’s their job to put them in position to make plays. But the schemes and game plans have failed to do so in most games this year in my opinion. It’s extremely frustrating to watch. 

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

What I was told last night didn't sound good. 

Fortunately he has a good medical advisory structure close to him. 

Hated to see him go down last night, he’s a special talent for sure.

Also didn’t mean to gloss over the LaDue injury either. It looked like he was just cramping up on the sideline, that’s what the broadcast announcers were speculating anyway. 

27 minutes ago, volwalker23 said:

Hated to see him go down last night, he’s a special talent for sure.

Also didn’t mean to gloss over the LaDue injury either. It looked like he was just cramping up on the sideline, that’s what the broadcast announcers were speculating anyway. 

You cant run a back 15 times in a row (the same play) and expect him to remain healthy. Something significant has changed over the last little while , oakland must have punked out the  staff . 

48 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

There are a few positions we didn't even have a Jimmy or Joe, we had bus riders playing those positions. That's why you haven't seen me get on here and come unglued on the coaching staff. There are some questions there but Derek will have to deal with that and he knows there will have to be some adjustments.

Oh no no no. I have listened for years and years and years about how Maryville’s success was all about culture and coaching. Maryville fans always underplayed how talented their teams were and loved to claim they rarely had big time college recruits. Then talked about how coaching overcame all of it. 

Now when they truly don’t have more talented players, no big time QB for the first time in 30 years, no big time WR, they want to flip and blame the kids. Praise the coaches when they’re winning, blame the kids when they lose.