Mairvul goes two West

STARSNBARS

43 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

This is the Best West Rebel team ive seen . Solid play on both sides of the ball and the D swarms to the ball.  The offense executed well except for the times our 95 & co got to the qb.  I knew going in that we had it to do and we didnt do it.  # 14 I think they call him Butter ? Should be a Mr Football candidate for sure. Much respect here for yall and I hope yall go all the way 15-0 and get that gold ball! 

Thanks and im starting to see it too...my heart has a special place for the 2013 and 2014 West Rebels as the two best but if this team goes 15-0 then they are the best West team of all time. 

Best of luck to you guys as well and I hope Vaughn is good to go for you guys. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, mhs said:

Tough season by our standards this year. Still behind the team, and there is absolutely not another coaching staff in the country I would want to steer us through the remainder of this season and beyond. 

MHS it's the new breed of kids to me, same coaching staff for most of the past ten plus years. What bothered me early as that 7 on 7 with Anderson County was those boys were still on summer vacation not on the gridiron. You know kids, you could see that if you were blind. Hoped beyond hope they would snap out of it. They showed me signs of it last week but things came unglued during points of this game. I still believe we have good line play but for some reason something happened with the dB's and wr's. The long ball threat is all but non existent. That hurts. Having only two qb's really hurts. In the past they battled for that position now it's like we had a sign on the fence that says QB wanted like a restaurant searching desperately for a body to come into work. The Qb we have is a great kid but what he went through at WB has really haunted him. I watched Derek grow in his third year as a coach, he will have some big decisions this off season and will grow again from it. I personally think Derek is powerless regarding some of the issues just like Ted Wilson was with the 74 team but he bounced back. 

3 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Is Stars ok? No alphabet soup this week and no new thread?

Yep need that thread up. This will be a big game for sure. A lot of people still in shock over Friday being so close and also Vaughn getting hurt is on the back of everyone's mind. Hope someone close to that situation will let us all know how things are with this young man.

37 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Yep need that thread up. This will be a big game for sure. A lot of people still in shock over Friday being so close and also Vaughn getting hurt is on the back of everyone's mind. Hope someone close to that situation will let us all know how things are with this young man.

Praying still for that young man...if anyone has an update let us know. I know its not the same thing but a key West player got hurt after the interception and his knee buckled and fell right to the ground.  He didnt play the rest of the game. I hope hes ok as well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, strongx said:

Ready for Nell to gas up for the trip down 75. (I’m a little worried to see the opening spread.)

I look for a very close game and a lot may depend if we have the correct number of officials on the field this visit. The last game down that way this year they were short one official and the fifth was blind in one eye that missed all those calls. Not sure if Bradley streams their games or not.