West TN Rural Top 10 Week 11

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

8 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Here's your problem, you're assuming. You do this a lot. Y'all (Huntingdon people) just assumed y'all just rolled down to Memphis and play "bully ball" and wear down MAHS last November. Questioning MAHS' physicality and all. Did it work? No. MAHS matched the physicality, and won the game. Y'all were shell shocked when driving back to Carroll County with a loss. 

You're assuming USJ is not a top 5 team because of scheduling. Why do people not believe in MASE this year? Scheduling. Simple as that. The eye test is different than what's on paper. There's this thing called YouTube, and all of USJ football games are on you YouTube, you may want to chem them out (Hint: I'm not a USJ poster either). USJ isn't hiding any plans or anything. They played Peabody in a preseason scrimmage (which a carry little to no weight on) and USJ did just fine.

USJ has never beaten the Mustangs? That's a cool stat. I didn't know that. When was the last time USJ and Huntingdon played in football? In the late 90's/early 2000's? Does that have any effect on the present? No. 

You just assumed USJ will lose (or have trouble) to Westview and Riverside because USJ is a private school. It's okay to say that. It's okay to be wrong, again. We're all wrong at times, some people are more wrong than others.

I don’t remember Mustang fans saying that about MAHS last season. I have been one of the few people outside of Memphis saying that this MASE squad is the real deal,(from the start)despite their opponents records. 

Edited by Waker

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Not saying your not a very good team,but being top 5 in West Tennesse you have to be better than good. You know Huntingdon's schedule is the toughest 2a schedule in the state. It's easier to win big games when you never have to play a succession of tough teams. 9 and one or 8 and 2 would be pushing it for you guys. You didn't mention Westview or Riverside who both would give you a fit. Plus I would take the Mustangs over you guys right now. USJ has never beaten the Mustangs!

I have seen you comment multiple times about how Huntingdung looked in preseason scrimmages and games and you used that as your reasoning for why you thought the Mustanks should be at a certain place in the poll. I will now do the same thing with USJ. In the preseason they beat Trenton and South Gibson. And as you mentioned they did beat Hardin Co. and are the only team to beat JCS this season. Not only did they beat JCS but they destroyed them. The game with UC was a close one. If Huntingdung beats UC this week they will more than likely move up ahead of USJ in the poll. 

20 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have seen you comment multiple times about how Huntingdung looked in preseason scrimmages and games and you used that as your reasoning for why you thought the Mustanks should be at a certain place in the poll. I will now do the same thing with USJ. In the preseason they beat Trenton and South Gibson. And as you mentioned they did beat Hardin Co. and are the only team to beat JCS this season. Not only did they beat JCS but they destroyed them. The game with UC was a close one. If Huntingdung beats UC this week they will more than likely move up ahead of USJ in the poll. 

The only way to satisfy croppy is put Huntdung at #1 in all polls and heck with everyone else. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

The only way to satisfy croppy is put Huntdung at #1 in all polls and heck with everyone else. 

Naw I think the Mustangs are ranked about right. We're a young team that's over achieved all year. I haven't seen USJ play but I've seen a lot of the top teams in west Tennessee play. Heck we've played most of them. I know USJ is good but they just haven't proved to me that they're top 5 team, maybe a fringe top 10. Guess I need to watch a replay but there's so much you can't see or feel on a TV broadcast.

6 minutes ago, NigCuppy said:

Carr will choke in a big spot in the playoffs. They don’t make it past 2nd round. Maybe even a 1st round loss if they end up 3rd in the region. 

First, they won’t finish 3rd in the region. They will finish 2nd.. we both know it. But two questions. First question, why do you think Carr will “choke”??  First year coach and no track record for you to base that on. This team was 3-5 this time last year and are now 6-3. I would say Carr is done a good job. Second question, if we were the 2 seed and had to go to Memphis and played the 1 seed (probably Meltose) second round and lost, how would that be a choke job??  Curious your thoughts. 

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Naw I think the Mustangs are ranked about right. We're a young team that's over achieved all year. I haven't seen USJ play but I've seen a lot of the top teams in west Tennessee play. Heck we've played most of them. I know USJ is good but they just haven't proved to me that they're top 5 team, maybe a fringe top 10. Guess I need to watch a replay but there's so much you can't see or feel on a TV broadcast.

Y’all definitely play a tough schedule and have a good team IMO. But I also believe USJ does as well. 

19 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

What's interesting to your comment is that it is similar to what people are saying about MASE in the other thread. Personally, I do believe that USJ passes the eye test, just like MASE. 

Personally, I would love to see a USJ/McKenzie matchup. It'll be the best test for McKenzie because they haven't seen the athletes that USJ has. For USJ, I think McKenzie will be the best team they would've seen, with Cassidy and Taylor leading the way for the Rebels. 

I looked at Huntingdon's schedule, and see what USJ's record would be with the Mustangs schedule. I can see USJ going 8-2 (maybe 9-1) with Huntingdon's schedule. The loss would likely come to McKenzie. I don't think Union City can beat USJ if they were to play today. And I think USJ will give Milan fits because of offense creativity.

The other thing I do like about USJ is the ability to be creative on offense. I can throw the ball with Pettigrew, but also have Kevin Finch that has the chance to break one for a score. In the red zone, they have a 6'5 (maybe 6'7) receiver in Davis Sain, who is a transferred from Summit. One on one opportunities is a nightmare for corners.

I understand your logic, but I do believe they're as good as advertised.

I was at the USJ and Union City game and I did not see anything out of USJ that would prove to me that they would be able to hang with  McKenzie this year unless they were missing a bunch of players that night.

44 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

First, they won’t finish 3rd in the region. They will finish 2nd.. we both know it. But two questions. First question, why do you think Carr will “choke”??  First year coach and no track record for you to base that on. This team was 3-5 this time last year and are now 6-3. I would say Carr is done a good job. Second question, if we were the 2 seed and had to go to Memphis and played the 1 seed (probably Meltose) second round and lost, how would that be a choke job??  Curious your thoughts. 

Let’s just say personal knowledge of the integrity of a person. I’m saying an inexperienced coach that will be in a tight spot in the 4th quarter and mismanage the clock or get an unsportsmanlike for running his mouth or the moment be too big for him

Edited by NigCuppy

Just now, NigCuppy said:

Let’s just say personal knowledge of the integrity of a person. I’m saying an inexperienced coach that will be in a tight spot in the 4th quarter and mismanage the clock or get an unsportsmanlike for running his mouth or the moment be too big for him

Also have you lowered your expectations Big guy?  Milan isn’t calling a second round exit a successful season are they?  You were just poking at the stanks for that very same thing