1A road to Chatt..Pretenders and Contenders

Doc931

1 minute ago, UCSportsFan said:

I watched Fayetteville dismantle a pretty good 4A Upperman team last month. Going to Clay County this Friday to watch them play Gordonsville. Should be a dandy

I watched some of the Coalfield game and Gordy could have played better.If they have got it cleaned up this should be a good one.Gordy has a good looking team.Havent seen nothing on Clay yet.You should be happy with your choice.

On 10/24/2022 at 9:00 AM, chrisburr said:

Contenders

Oliver Springs

Clay County

Oakdale

Unaka

Fayetteville

McKenzie

Moore County

Eagleville

Wayne County

Gleason

McEwen

South Fulton

MASE

Halls

Peabody (Its their Final year before moving up to 2A After all)

Pretenders

Everyone Else

Are you real dumb? Unaka power rangers arent going to the championship game.  Im not joking either.

5 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

Not necessarily some believe  the QB taking over next year as a JR has the potential to be the best QB they ever had and that  is saying alot when you think of the likes of Drew Hayes, Derek Carr, Max Arnold, and Cassidy. The kid has the arm and is smart as they come.

I'd like to hear rebels fans opinion on the best of that group. 

5 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

Not necessarily some believe  the QB taking over next year as a JR has the potential to be the best QB they ever had and that  is saying alot when you think of the likes of Drew Hayes, Derek Carr, Max Arnold, and Cassidy. The kid has the arm and is smart as they come.

With City moving up to 2A along with Peabody, next year in the west will probably come down to McKenzie, Lake Co, or Union City. We lose a large class.  Tate Surber will step in at QB next year for Cassidy.  We shouldn't miss a beat at QB next year.  Tate is tall 6'2, and has a gun.  He also has the IQ to play the position.  His back up next year will probably be freshman Cole Brown.  He has shown signs in 7th and 8th grade to be one that will add his name to the long list of great QB's McKenzie has been blessed with.  The offensive line is another issue. We lose all but one. That is huge.  Replacing those guys along with our speed is no small task.  We have some sophmores and freshman this year that are very promising.  Keep an eye out for Craegen Travis and Ryan Toombs to make some noise on the O-Line.  KD Cunningham (10th) and Ace Fisher (11th) have gotten significant playing time this year, and I anticipate they move in to the starting role next year.   However, the running backs that will come in behind Taylor, Tharpe, and McCreary are not bad.  They would rather run over you, than around you. 

The cubbard is not bare by no means.  

14 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I'd like to hear rebels fans opinion on the best of that group. 

I have watched them all through the years.  And if I had to pick one, it is no doubt in my mind it is Jackson Cassidy.  Carr is the next closest to him.  Hayes could beat you with his arm alone.  Arnold could beat you with his legs.  Cassidy can beat you with both.  Carr probably has a stronger arm than Cassidy, but he didn't have the legs like Jackson.  He was not a bad runner.  Cassidy just seems to see the hole before it opens up.  You can't teach or coach that. 

14 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

I have watched them all through the years.  And if I had to pick one, it is no doubt in my mind it is Jackson Cassidy.  Carr is the next closest to him.  Hayes could beat you with his arm alone.  Arnold could beat you with his legs.  Cassidy can beat you with both.  Carr probably has a stronger arm than Cassidy, but he didn't have the legs like Jackson.  He was not a bad runner.  Cassidy just seems to see the hole before it opens up.  You can't teach or coach that. 

I agree with this.   The teams Drew Hayes played  on were not as good as the other three he did not have the weapons the others did.  Arnold was the best overall football player out of the bunch he did everything but fill up the water coolers.

59 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

I agree with this.   The teams Drew Hayes played  on were not as good as the other three he did not have the weapons the others did.  Arnold was the best overall football player out of the bunch he did everything but fill up the water coolers.

Arnold was a one man wrecking ball at Lake Co in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

With City moving up to 2A along with Peabody, next year in the west will probably come down to McKenzie, Lake Co, or Union City. We lose a large class.  Tate Surber will step in at QB next year for Cassidy.  We shouldn't miss a beat at QB next year.  Tate is tall 6'2, and has a gun.  He also has the IQ to play the position.  His back up next year will probably be freshman Cole Brown.  He has shown signs in 7th and 8th grade to be one that will add his name to the long list of great QB's McKenzie has been blessed with.  The offensive line is another issue. We lose all but one. That is huge.  Replacing those guys along with our speed is no small task.  We have some sophmores and freshman this year that are very promising.  Keep an eye out for Craegen Travis and Ryan Toombs to make some noise on the O-Line.  KD Cunningham (10th) and Ace Fisher (11th) have gotten significant playing time this year, and I anticipate they move in to the starting role next year.   However, the running backs that will come in behind Taylor, Tharpe, and McCreary are not bad.  They would rather run over you, than around you. 

The cubbard is not bare by no means.  

I'm a Homer with a son on the team but Dresden is subject to start 9 to 11 seniors next year. Losing alot of experience but we have had several Juniors start and play since freshman and sophomore. 

4 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

I played against Carr twice and Hayes once. I agree 100% I got Carr over Hayes and Cassidy over both