Round 1 - Davy Crockett at West

WestHigh4Life

4 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

I think i'm gonna go 42-7...West has some key guys banged up that may not play, so I think they'll play a lot of backups if they can afford to so other key guys don't get banged up.

Just a question for everyone - when did the TSSAA change the running clock from 35 to 30 for the running clock?

I think this year.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Don't think it will be a 50 point differential, but Crockett cannot afford to get into a shootout and try to see who can score the fastest.    Crockett has to take their time on offense and just keep moving the sticks.  BTW I'm pulling for Crockett but thinking West something like 35-7

You must not have seen West play. It will be worse than 35-7 by halftime. They wont have a playoff game within 28 points until atleast the semifinals. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Don't think it will be a 50 point differential, but Crockett cannot afford to get into a shootout and try to see who can score the fastest.    Crockett has to take their time on offense and just keep moving the sticks.  BTW I'm pulling for Crockett but thinking West something like 35-7

You only said 35-7 because that’s what Boone beat us by. You know West will win by 50+ points.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I am tempted to say that Knox West names the score in every playoff game except maybe Powell.    I will say that Crockett has a couple of really good RB's so if they can find a way to keep the ball and make long drives it might be closer than we all think... however being able to do that on every drive is probably unrealistic

I will agree with you and raise you 1 they will also name the score of Powell too.

3 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I will agree with you and raise you 1 they will also name the score of Powell too.

Mav, don't know that they will name the score but I think they win comfortably. This may be the best 5-A defense from the east in years. Their speed and physicality will cause problems for a scrambling Potts.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

By everyone's rendering Knox West is invincible, the team to beat in 5A.    The only close game they had was a 29-26 squeaker against Alcoa.      So what was it that Alcoa brought to the table that pushed West to the limit??    Oh wait, never mind..... it's just Alcoa being Alcoa....

I will say that it probably has something to do with Alcoa being able to match the West speed and physicality.