Lookout Valley @ Gordonsville

croz6110

Just now, oneyewilly said:

How is our schedule going to bite us?

They are all blowouts one way or another except Murphy that you guys lost too. Gordy will be better than Murphy and that’s facts.  A single A team shouldn’t schedule a CCS game with a legit SEC kid. Schedule an actual team that will help you guys prepare for the playoffs. Just like Oakland last year was pointless and even your fans were like why are we playing this? I understand not many teams will play you guys, because they are scared to get embarrassed. 

21 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

They are all blowouts one way or another except Murphy that you guys lost too. Gordy will be better than Murphy and that’s facts.  A single A team shouldn’t schedule a CCS game with a legit SEC kid. Schedule an actual team that will help you guys prepare for the playoffs. Just like Oakland last year was pointless and even your fans were like why are we playing this? I understand not many teams will play you guys, because they are scared to get embarrassed. 

South Pitt shouldn’t have lost to Murphy it was a fluke. They’d win 9 out of 10 times. Murphy was also a better team when they beat the pirates than they are currently they’ve had a handful of injuries one being their star running back against south pitt.

29 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Old Pirate says Vols are doom too according to yous mind set. Perhaps schedulely a few NFL teams would benefit college teams that blowout opponents. Hum, Real Skillet Head here. 

34 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I disagree but I guess we will find out soon enough 

41 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

I disagree but I guess we will find out soon enough 

Im just stating facts my man, the pirates have been in one close game all year. How are your young kids going to respond when they get hit in the mouth by a smash mouth team or if you lose a lineman or even a skill player to injury? Clay and Gordy have been in some battles already and they both bring the lumber so it’s going to be nothing new to either of them. On the other hand your starters have probably played only till half time in all but what maybe two or three games?

I get it you guys are the standard and it’ll take seeing it with your own eyes for you guys to believe it. But honestly this is the first year I’ve seen that y’all are actually beatable in the second round by a region 4 team and Gordy has a much better chance than Clay to travel and pull out the dub IMHO. 

8 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Im just stating facts my man, the pirates have been in one close game all year. How are your young kids going to respond when they get hit in the mouth by a smash mouth team or if you lose a lineman or even a skill player to injury? Clay and Gordy have been in some battles already and they both bring the lumber so it’s going to be nothing new to either of them. On the other hand your starters have probably played only till half time in all but what maybe two or three games?

I get it you guys are the standard and it’ll take seeing it with your own eyes for you guys to believe it. But honestly this is the first year I’ve seen that y’all are actually beatable in the second round by a region 4 team and Gordy has a much better chance than Clay to travel and pull out the dub IMHO. 

:thumb:

1 hour ago, Roooster said:

Anybody from SP have any info on Lookout Valley? Just looking at scores it seems that Gordonsville should win this one handily but was just curious on what kind of team LV has

Not from south pitt but Lookout valley is good for valley standards. I believe Gordy should still win but valley has some good ball players.

10 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

To be fair, Gordy hasn't played a super tough schedule either, outside of Clay County and Smith County. Watertown ended up being bad (I know they were as banged up as the Tennessee Titans are now for that game), along with Trousdale County and Oliver Springs. Coalfield and Lakeway Christian were good wins. Clay County has played an even weaker schedule. Jo Byrns is the fourth best team on the schedule, with York and Gordonsville being the only quality wins. It is just very difficult to fill out a schedule with good opponents when you only have 3 or 4 region games.  When there's only a handful of teams not playing region games in a week, you can't really be picky about who you play.

11 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

After watching SP on film,   Gordonsville definitely has an advantage in depth, line play, seniors leadership, and the QB position. If Gordy doesn’t shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers, if they come out with intensity, and contain SPs passing attack they will win. This SP team isn’t what I’m used to seeing year in and out. Gordy has just as many weapons as SP. 

Gordonsville should have the upper hand this year. I’m kind of shocked we got to 8-2 after what was lost last year. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t we lose like 20 starters including the Blue Cross Bowl MVP?

Edited by Pirate2003