Monterey travels to Hampton RD2

WILDCAT4LIFE

5 hours ago, pujo said:

Comparing Oneida to Monterey and Hampton is a Small sample size, you need to look at how Oneida fared against the other region teams, also look how Monterey fared against the other region teams. Happy Valley is not a good indicator either, lost their bread and butter running back a few weeks back, See how the played Unaka before and after. Without him, they could do nothing on offence. If thats not enough ,look how SG played Rockwood, see how Hampton played SG. I'm not gonna make any prediction but people are smart enough to look at a Greater sample when comparing teams.  Just hope we get some kinks worked out this week and put our best foot forward.

Pujo...... now this is a well thought out post. We both know you can't look at scores when comparing football teams. It's all about matchups....period. If the dogs can find some favorable matchups then we will probably fare well if not it could be a long night. I know these seniors are not ready for their careers to end yet and I look for the team to "kick it up a notch" this week, as Emeril Lagasse would say! I'm not one who likes to make predictions. If we win by 1, I'll be happy. Go Dogs!!    By the way I've been awfully impressed with the defense the last 2 weeks. :thumb:

33 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

Pujo...... now this is a well thought out post. We both know you can't look at scores when comparing football teams. It's all about matchups....period. If the dogs can find some favorable matchups then we will probably fare well if not it could be a long night. I know these seniors are not ready for their careers to end yet and I look for the team to "kick it up a notch" this week, as Emeril Lagasse would say! I'm not one who likes to make predictions. If we win by 1, I'll be happy. Go Dogs!!    By the way I've been awfully impressed with the defense the last 2 weeks. :thumb:

Matchups are HHHHHHUUUUGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

22 hours ago, pujo said:

Comparing Oneida to Monterey and Hampton is a Small sample size, you need to look at how Oneida fared against the other region teams, also look how Monterey fared against the other region teams. Happy Valley is not a good indicator either, lost their bread and butter running back a few weeks back, See how the played Unaka before and after. Without him, they could do nothing on offence. If thats not enough ,look how SG played Rockwood, see how Hampton played SG. I'm not gonna make any prediction but people are smart enough to look at a Greater sample when comparing teams.  Just hope we get some kinks worked out this week and put our best foot forward.

I agree. It’s awfully difficult to try and get a grasp on a matchup with 2 teams from regions over 2hrs apart. And comparing opponents in common for the smaller classes certainly depends on when they played. One key injury can totally derail a season. Regardless it’s an interesting matchup for sure. 

57 minutes ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

Looks like it’s going to be a very wet field for the wildcats and bulldogs on Friday. I just saw where WCYB predicting 1.5 to 2 inches of rain. Ball control may be factor in outcome. 

That much water hurts both teams.Especially this time of year when fields are tired.

20 hours ago, pujo said:

Welcome to the Jungle

No doubt.That team will just reload every year.I hear the talk in Blount County.If the HC dont screw those kids up they will be a handful as Sophomores and Jrs next year.I am glad they went 2A hard for 35 man rosters to compete year after year with 50+!

And I dont mean to wish them on you guys either.Them and Fayetteville just made the East very hard!

Edited by orngnblk