Lake County vs MASE (Rd 2)

TipToe421

11 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

I think LC pulls off the upset as long as their QB is healthy.

QB is healthy as far as I know.Its Day Day,the running back been having minor injuries this year with shoulder injury a couple times then looked like hamstring Friday night,only ran 3 plays.Hes a difference maker.May not look like it but I watched in him in game few weeks ago and player I thought was the fastest for LC was caught from behind.Later that night Day Day broke one and pulled away from same defender.Last I heard Day Day was at Star therapy being treated..Hoping it's only something minor or tightness.Hoping he's able to play ,being his senior year.Hes a difference maker with power and speed.But not only that,in my opinion,takes away a key position on defense.68 may know more than anyone and could possibly be nobody knows till Friday night.

Edited by mrbigster

9 hours ago, Westtnfootball61 said:

I have watched both teams play LC has the size to match up and speed to stay with them but let me tell yall MASE is a very good team probably the best disciplined team I've saw come out of memphis the Turmon kid is an outstanding player on both sides of the ball they will play 2 QBs #3 & #14 who is a 8th grader yes #14 is in 8th grade and wow can he play both sides of the ball....Coach Miller has been around along time and has found his team to make a run Mckenzie is the only team I think that can compete with Mase!!!!!

You may be correct .I'm assumming you havent seen Fayetteville.Truthfully my pick to win it all.Hoping it's Trenton ,Dresden or McKenzie though if LC  is out.

Think this one game,LC plays its best and fastest players.Saw a game earlier,player from another team turned the cornera couple times and just blew by a LC defender.Know it happens,but saw about 2 times thst game and once on pass play.And from reading Mase will be faster than that team.Im sure Mase is looking at film.No way I'd have my qb on the sideline on defense this week unless just to rest.LC has to go all out and hustle .Not let up thinking a play is going to be made and watch a speedster blow by.

8 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

You may be correct .I'm assumming you havent seen Fayetteville.Truthfully my pick to win it all.Hoping it's Trenton ,Dresden or McKenzie though if LC  is out.

8th grader could also mean he was held back a year age wise but still an 8th grader.Hope he's a safety.If I'm LC,and he is or even a corner.Id see if he's one on one with Squirrel or Clay and would love my chances

10 hours ago, Westtnfootball61 said:

I have watched both teams play LC has the size to match up and speed to stay with them but let me tell yall MASE is a very good team probably the best disciplined team I've saw come out of memphis the Turmon kid is an outstanding player on both sides of the ball they will play 2 QBs #3 & #14 who is a 8th grader yes #14 is in 8th grade and wow can he play both sides of the ball....Coach Miller has been around along time and has found his team to make a run Mckenzie is the only team I think that can compete with Mase!!!!!

Google Fayetteville City my guy.

If MASE is anywhere near what they are supposed to be then they win this one by a couple of scores. This will be the biggest challenge MASE has faced up unto this point. Lake Co will have the speed to keep up not sure on size and not sure Lake Co has the depth to stand for 4qt. Two teams with different motivation in this one interesting matchup with Peabody looming.

1 hour ago, Doc931 said:

If MASE is anywhere near what they are supposed to be then they win this one by a couple of scores. This will be the biggest challenge MASE has faced up unto this point. Lake Co will have the speed to keep up not sure on size and not sure Lake Co has the depth to stand for 4qt. Two teams with different motivation in this one interesting matchup with Peabody looming.

LC lost 6'4 lineman about 2nd game of year.Was hearing rumors that he may be back about this game but coach said Sat he was out for season.Was hoping just a few plays for depth.Was 4 year starter I believe.LC has played 3A and 4A and 2A schools this year so shouldn't be shell shocked.People going by scores from previous games.Well let's throw this out there.Just curious.Would most pick Mase to beat Melrose? Remember LC beat Central ,a team that just beat Melrose,Crockett Co and Dresden.Running back had 300 yards I was told.So I wouldn't overlook LC.They been on the field with better teams like Haywood without Day Day whole game and qb and wr most of game.Haywood is that good.Was no need to play them against Haywood.But the ones that did play didn't quit the entire game.And actually the whole first quarter LC did pretty darn well.Think they held Haywood first 2 or 3 series which a lot of bigger schools haven't done.

2 minutes ago, Mtown38 said:

MASE is not the typical small school football program in Memphis.  They will easily win by 3 TDS.  Refs won’t allow a blowout, 2-3 of MASE TDS will get called back for holding.

Lol.Thats what I'm worried about myself.In Memphis .LC has had bunch of plays or tds called back this year.So that's another thing,that some scores may not look as good against some teams.Seems like if LC runs for 3 ,4 ,5 yards.No flags.But once they run 40 plus yards,hold my breath.LC has plenty big play potential on the ground and in the air if everyone healthy.Mullins,Squirrel,Day Day,Clay,qb Caesar can all take it to the house.Plus soph Chamberlain if he gets a chance.

• CoachT locked this topic