Lake County vs MASE (Rd 2)

TipToe421

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Yall be 2A next two years.

Surely Shelby County can count. 

You can't hide kids in a basement like @BIGPURPLEMACHINE did to stay under a certain enrollment number then turn em loose after the head count.  :lol:

The regions haven’t come out yet and been finalized. I may or may not still have some locked away. Sssshhhhhh….

4 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

Omg that’s not far. I tell you what tell them to schedule Westview, Union City, Martin, Peabody. No they won’t because these teams have winning records and that scares poor Ole MASE. You can’t buy our type of players

Man, I don’t see any of these teams trying to schedule MASE either. No one wants to travel 2 hours to play regular season when you can go 20 min down the road and play quality opponents year in and year out. You never know what type of team a Memphis school will have. Also, the gate against other rural W Tn is better than if you were playing against a city team. Most of the teams in the area travel pretty well. It just doesn’t make sense.

1 hour ago, WestTnFootball13 said:

The only correct comment I’ve seen is Mase by as many as they want. Well until the starters are pulled. I’ve seen both teams play multiple times. Just telling y’all it won’t be close.

By looking your a covington supporter.So who have you seen Lake Co play and who you see Mase play? Multiple times?

Edited by mrbigster

5 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

By looking your a covington supporter.So who have you seen Lake Co play and who you see Mase play? Multiple times?

I know it's going to be a tough opponent.Heard number 6,Brown is the key mostly and up for Mr.Football.So I'm hoping LC qb makes up his mind to either run when the opportunity arises and doesn't pitter patter.And throw when he needs to..LC has speed of their own so I'm expecting a good game.

4 hours ago, GrumpyBulldog said:

MASE wins by as many points as they want. They are better at every position, they have quality depth, they execute well on both sides of the ball, and they are well coached. Congrats to Lake County on a good season, but it ends Friday night.

I don't believe that.Better at every position.Then qb,Rb ,wr must be going to the Sec,all of them.Heard Brown is really good.Doubt receiver is any better than Clay and I think Day Day matches up with most anyone.Mase have have advantage on overall defense.

4 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

Omg that’s not far. I tell you what tell them to schedule Westview, Union City, Martin, Peabody. No they won’t because these teams have winning records and that scares poor Ole MASE. You can’t buy our type of players

This is only a fair point if those teams will schedule a home and home. Teams always want to treat small Memphis schools like homecoming fodder and then complain about cheating whenever one is good enough to compete. It’s becoming redundant to explain the MASE situation on here but ignoring that how many kids that live outside of zone play for UC or Peabody or Westview or McKenzie or Huntingdon. How many kids that played Jrs and middle school for Lake County are playing at Central or DC. I’m not making an accusation because I don’t care. Up here people make decisions based on what they believe is best for themselves and their children all the time and no one says anything about it. People in Memphis just have way more options. 

17 minutes ago, toinemac said:

This is only a fair point if those teams will schedule a home and home. Teams always want to treat small Memphis schools like homecoming fodder and then complain about cheating whenever one is good enough to compete. It’s becoming redundant to explain the MASE situation on here but ignoring that how many kids that live outside of zone play for UC or Peabody or Westview or McKenzie or Huntingdon. How many kids that played Jrs and middle school for Lake County are playing at Central or DC. I’m not making an accusation because I don’t care. Up here people make decisions based on what they believe is best for themselves and their children all the time and no one says anything about it. People in Memphis just have way more options. 

Don’t throw Huntingdon in that bunch. I can tell you where every kid lives. I don’t know of but 1 that didn’t play middle school and youth league ball here. 

12 minutes ago, Waker said:

Don’t throw Huntingdon in that bunch. I can tell you where every kid lives. I don’t know of but 1 that didn’t play middle school and youth league ball here. 

He has no clue what he is talking about because I can tell you where every kid in UC lives and can tell you this because I coached most of them in youth league also. 

I have watched both teams play LC has the size to match up and speed to stay with them but let me tell yall MASE is a very good team probably the best disciplined team I've saw come out of memphis the Turmon kid is an outstanding player on both sides of the ball they will play 2 QBs #3 & #14 who is a 8th grader yes #14 is in 8th grade and wow can he play both sides of the ball....Coach Miller has been around along time and has found his team to make a run Mckenzie is the only team I think that can compete with Mase!!!!!

• CoachT locked this topic