Lake County vs MASE (Rd 2)

TipToe421

12 hours ago, Westtnfootball61 said:

I have watched both teams play LC has the size to match up and speed to stay with them but let me tell yall MASE is a very good team probably the best disciplined team I've saw come out of memphis the Turmon kid is an outstanding player on both sides of the ball they will play 2 QBs #3 & #14 who is a 8th grader yes #14 is in 8th grade and wow can he play both sides of the ball....Coach Miller has been around along time and has found his team to make a run Mckenzie is the only team I think that can compete with Mase!!!!!

It's fine to say that you think MASE would beat Fayetteville.. but Fayetteville can't compete with MASE? Come on...

57 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

LC lost 6'4 lineman about 2nd game of year.Was hearing rumors that he may be back about this game but coach said Sat he was out for season.Was hoping just a few plays for depth.Was 4 year starter I believe.LC has played 3A and 4A and 2A schools this year so shouldn't be shell shocked.People going by scores from previous games.Well let's throw this out there.Just curious.Would most pick Mase to beat Melrose? Remember LC beat Central ,a team that just beat Melrose,Crockett Co and Dresden.Running back had 300 yards I was told.So I wouldn't overlook LC.They been on the field with better teams like Haywood without Day Day whole game and qb and wr most of game.Haywood is that good.Was no need to play them against Haywood.But the ones that did play didn't quit the entire game.And actually the whole first quarter LC did pretty darn well.Think they held Haywood first 2 or 3 series which a lot of bigger schools haven't done.

Think it comes down to trench play for you guys. If yall can withstand the size they present and not let it wear you down I think yall have a good opportunity. Their a good team but they aint world beaters. The team from MS showed that because that team wasn't all that and a bag of chips. 

1 hour ago, Doc931 said:

Think it comes down to trench play for you guys. If yall can withstand the size they present and not let it wear you down I think yall have a good opportunity. Their a good team but they aint world beaters. The team from MS showed that because that team wasn't all that and a bag of chips. 

Agreed............

3 hours ago, Mtown38 said:

MASE is not the typical small school football program in Memphis.  They will easily win by 3 TDS.  Refs won’t allow a blowout, 2-3 of MASE TDS will get called back for holding.

Let's be realistic. Anyone that knows football knows Mase is a top 5 team just based what they did last year and all those starters transferring.But let's also be realistic..If Trenton,McKenzie,Fayetteville,Dresden,LC played those same exact teams,what you think their records would be?Fayetteville and McKenzie undefeated anyway playing stronger teams but I'd bet a thousand dollars those other 3 would be undefeated playing Mase schedule.Thats not to say LC will beat Mase  or Mase isn't talented.Just think a lot of  people are saying.Wow.Mase undefeated and killing teams.LC has been on the field with at least one or 2 teams better than Mase.

Edited by mrbigster
  • Like 1

Lc line isn't small fries but they're not as big as MASE. #50 is one of the larger humans I can remember on a high school football field. Personally I think LCs dline trying to just collide with them all night is a losing battle. If they have success shooting the gaps though that could make it interesting.

Edited by ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood

4 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Lc line isn't small fries but they're not as big as MASE. #50 is one of the larger humans I can remember on a high school football field. Personally I think LCs dline trying to just collide with them all night is a losing battle. If they have success shooting the g aps though that could make it interesting.

Is he bigger than  Humboldt lineman?

• CoachT locked this topic