Cyunts Hil comin' two 825

STARSNBARS

My thawts onn tha gaim....

1. Mr. Moon iz scirry evurtime he tuchess tha bawl

bee. Mr. Ladue caim out tha seccund haif like a bull inn a Chiney Closit

3. Mr. Manaker wif 2 blocked punts and one fer a scoop-n-scorr

dee. Nice gaim bye both lines ov scrimmich twonite

5. Congrats two all tha seenyours on closin' hit out att hoam inn stile

pee ess.....Tham seenyore diddys bettur brush upp onn tha bisskit makin fer Thirsdee mornin' practuss.....:thumb:

• Like 2

Great win for Maryville. As usual they played discipline and physical football. I hated to be on the losing side but you can’t make mistakes and be beat in the trenches like my Hilltoppers did. My boy still had his head up high and proud of him. I’m proud of all our seniors on the this Hilltoppers team. They were overlooked for years because of their size. Sure made people question themselves this year. I’ll say this for my last post. If you’re a good coach and I think we have some. SH community needs to support the program. I’m a Greeneville boy and it killed me watching my son play for a team that didn’t have the support throughout middle school and High school. Coaches can do so much but it takes a community to make it special. Go red rebels and keep that gold ball on this side of the state.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FullMoonrisen said:

Great win for Maryville. As usual they played discipline and physical football. I hated to be on the losing side but you can’t make mistakes and be beat in the trenches like my Hilltoppers did. My boy still had his head up high and proud of him. I’m proud of all our seniors on the this Hilltoppers team. They were overlooked for years because of their size. Sure made people question themselves this year. I’ll say this for my last post. If you’re a good coach and I think we have some. SH community needs to support the program. I’m a Greeneville boy and it killed me watching my son play for a team that didn’t have the support throughout middle school and High school. Coaches can do so much but it takes a community to make it special. Go red rebels and keep that gold ball on this side of the state.

Totally agree, it is disappointing that the 3rd largest high school in the state has such little fan and student support for your football program.    Your guys deserve better than that.       Boone went to Hampton a few weeks ago and it seemed as if the whole town was there.       SH should pack out Kermit-Tipton every game.     

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Totally agree, it is disappointing that the 3rd largest high school in the state has such little fan and student support for your football program.    Your guys deserve better than that.       Boone went to Hampton a few weeks ago and it seemed as if the whole town was there.       SH should pack out Kermit-Tipton every game.     

Unless you have a kid playing on the team, in the band or a cheerleader, high school football is just another entertainment option competing with lots of other entertainment options. Smaller towns will typically do better because there are fewer entertainment options and its a typically tighter community. We have the same problem here in south Florida. The largest local school is Treasure Coast with an enrollment of over 3200, and most of their home crowds are in the 500-700 range, and they have a really good program. Vero Beach has some nice crowds depending on the opponent, but that's about it. 

On 11/19/2022 at 11:50 PM, blazer1set said:

If crowd size or hometown support had anything to do with winning football games DB would have about 10 state championships already. A very simple formula wins championships.  From the bottom up, build a good foundation in the little leagues with good coaches. Everything else will take care of itself. The athletes will come and the crowd will grow. It's not rocket science. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

If crowd size or hometown support had anything to do with winning football games DB would have about 10 state championships already. A very simple formula wins championships.  From the bottom up, build a good foundation in the little leagues with good coaches. Everything else will take care of itself. The athletes will come and the crowd will grow. It's not rocket science. 

DB's fan support is so much better than science Hill, that's certainly true.     And Boone always has good support even to away games.     It's funny how some teams are supported well and other are not.       As someone pointed out above, it's just one of a gazillion entertainment options of Fridays nowadays.   Maybe HS football overall is just not a big thing anymore like it used to be.    All I meant was it would be more encouraging to the players to see a lot of fans there rather than empty seats.    It doesn't mean winning and losing on the field though, I get that.