6A Quarters

Verb58

2 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Science Hill is a Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde team. If the same Science Hill team that drilled Farragut shows up Maryville is in trouble.  I honestly thought Farragut would be going to Maryville.  

My thoughts exactly!!!! Rebel, don't get me wrong but Maryville has done their own version of Jekyll and Hyde. Pulling for them but SH has some momentum going after that win. No telling how this will go.

On 11/13/2022 at 4:44 PM, Augustus said:

Two things that you may have forgotten.  Oakland has not played Maryville this year, and this isn't the same Oakland defense as last year.  Not saying Blackman is going to win hands down, but with their talent they are more than  capable of making this game.

You're correct.  This isn't the same defense.  Since the loss to CPA the Oakland defense that ain't so scary as last years defense has given up a total of 13 points.  Thats over a five game stretch.  13 points in 5 games. Blackman defense has given up 114 in that same time frame.  13 vs 114.  Hmm. Let that marinate a little.

Blackman does have some serious D1 talent on that team.  Those 3-4 kids are very, very good.  But across the board from the waterboys to the quaterback Oakland dominates.  

28 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

You're correct.  This isn't the same defense.  Since the loss to CPA the Oakland defense that ain't so scary as last years defense has given up a total of 13 points.  Thats over a five game stretch.  13 points in 5 games. Blackman defense has given up 114 in that same time frame.  13 vs 114.  Hmm. Let that marinate a little.

Blackman does have some serious D1 talent on that team.  Those 3-4 kids are very, very good.  But across the board from the waterboys to the quaterback Oakland dominates.  

Not to be critical, but who did you play that would be considered elite?  You were slapped around by a four loss CPA team.  

Edited by Augustus

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

Not to be critical, but who did you play that would be consider elite with the exception of Lebanon?

No one.  Just like Blackman.  Blackman has only played one elite team this year and they got boatraced. Lebanon at 9-3 wasn't even close to elite.  They're offense never even sniffed the goal line.  There are a lot of "good" 6A teams but when you start talking elite, well there ain't so many.  I do consider Oakland elite based on this season and the last few but I'm not sure who the others are just yet.  Blackmans defense is just too weak to put in that category.  Maryville has had some struggles this year dropping 3 games with one being to a below average team but are playing well now.  The teams to the west I simply do not know that much about right now but I would think at least one of those could be considered elite.

5 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

No one.  Just like Blackman.  Blackman has only played one elite team this year and they got boatraced. Lebanon at 9-3 wasn't even close to elite.  They're offense never even sniffed the goal line.  There are a lot of "good" 6A teams but when you start talking elite, well there ain't so many.  I do consider Oakland elite based on this season and the last few but I'm not sure who the others are just yet.  Blackmans defense is just too weak to put in that category.  Maryville has had some struggles this year dropping 3 games with one being to a below average team but are playing well now.  The teams to the west I simply do not know that much about right now but I would think at least one of those could be considered elite.

I am sorry if I upset you.  You still haven't responded to the CPA reference.  You know the game in which CPA  dominated both your defensive and offensive lines?  To deny that OHS will be favored in the match with BHS would be laughable, however,  this is  going to be a different game this time.  OHS's defense is NOT ELITE!  They are undersized, and CPA provided the road map to follow.  Don't run away from them, run it down their throat.  Either way, I believe it will be entertaining.

27 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I am sorry if I upset you.  You still haven't responded to the CPA reference.  You know the game in which CPA  dominated both your defensive and offensive lines?  To deny that OHS will be favored in the match with BHS would be laughable, however,  this is  going to be a different game this time.  OHS's defense is NOT ELITE!  They are undersized, and CPA provided the road map to follow.  Don't run away from them, run it down their throat.  Either way, I believe it will be entertaining.

You haven't upset me in the least.  Yes, CPA beat the crap out of Oakland.  It wasn't even close.  They came out, punched Oakland in the face and never let up.  That night, they got it done.   I mean it wasn't near as bad as we beat Blackman the first time but still pretty bad. Too bad the Blaze coaches couldn't figure out the road map for themselves. The roadmap is simple.  Win in the trenches. Too concerned about recoverin' them onside kicks I reckon.  Blackman didn't even beat a team with a winning record until the second round of the playoffs.  The banter and whatnot about the possiblities is fun but in reality Oakland should boat race them for a second time this year.  If the upset happens I'll come on back and eat some crow.  But it ain't.

Edited by ttitan27

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Pretty sure Blackman thought that it would be different in the regular season too. Elite or not, Oakland is way ahead of Blackman on defense. I've said it for years, if you want to have a chance against Oakland, you go right at them. If you  try to go east-west, they will chase you down

Fortunately for Oakland, probably only one team in 6A that is capable of replicating what CPA did and it isn't Blackman 

If Blackman plays their A game, it could be close, but if they come out like they did against CC, it's gonna get ugly quick