3rd RD (10-2) Springfield @ (10-2) Henry Co.

brian2000

22 minutes ago, mmb said:

I’ve got it on video. 2 was one of them

1 minute ago, BigRed88 said:

That's awesome! Special kid. When this thing is over I'm definitely going to miss him being our QB! But we have two more games to go win!!

Total and pure class.  Someone raised those kids right.  That is what HS sports is all about.  Kudos to the HC players. I applaud them

9 hours ago, MSURacer said:

I’m very proud of this HC team. They beat a dang good football team tonight. Got another one coming to town next week. Hoping some revenge for last year is in order. 

proud and rightfully so.  There’s a lot to be proud of on that HC team.  It was a game between two very well coached and extremely disciplined teams. Very few mistakes made by either.  Both coaches and teams made in-game adjustments to what the other team was doing.  

In my mind the difference in the game was the snap over our punter’s head that gave The Big Red the ball on the 3 right before the end of the half.  Just like the first game we made a major mistake and gave up a easy TD before the end of the half.  I would like to say we are developing a rivalry with The Big Red but we need to win a few more first. 

go win a Gold Ball now in Chatt for region 7

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Drewcephus said:

That was a great game! Congrats to Springfield on a great season. We are gonna do all we can to bring home the gold! First up, a rematch with Page - maybe we should turn off the scoreboard for a little bit and see how they enjoy it. Proud of our Big Red Patriots!

Go Big RED!!!

Sorry I missed the tailgate Drew! I got there about 6:40 and y’all were still there but I needed to get to my seat. My brother did say he and his son stopped by to talk. Hopefully next time I’ll be able to make more time. 

I’ve had time to digest this now after a couple hours of sleep and the drive home. Hats off to HC, your offensive line and #34 did their job well. Our defense was lights out but 34 did some damage at crucial times. It’s hard to win when you have a good team behind the chains 2nd and 20 then later 2nd and 25 and both times the opponent converts; again our defense was great but a stop on either of those series could’ve made a difference. 

The respect shown during and after the game was admirable on both sides. Both teams bring out the other’s best. All you can ask for is an opportunity in the 4th quarter and the Jackets had that but couldn’t push through. I’m proud of these young men for all they’ve done and how they represented SHS. 
Kudos to the Springfield fans that made the trek to Paris. We had almost as many fans on our side as HC had in the home stands. We support our boys no matter what. 

Good luck to the Pats, I believe as long as the game clock works you will beat Page which is what would’ve happened last year had the clock worked. Page doesn’t know what they are in for when they cross that river. 

Great high school football game!

Turning point in the game was the dropped punt on special teams and blown coverage by Springfield D. I was standing in that endzone. A little high but definitely still a routine punt. Refs did not do Springfield any favors saying it wasn't a safety. I guess forward progress gave Henry County a break.

Kuddos to 0 playing on a busted wheel. Tough kid. 

Talked to multiple Henry County and Springfield fans. Passionate about their football!

I tried to get a photo with the star OC, but we are gonna meet up at the iso cafe for the Tennessee game.

Trolingers BBQ was delicious. Thanks for the recommendation!

1 hour ago, GaryGaines said:

Great high school football game!

Turning point in the game was the dropped punt on special teams and blown coverage by Springfield D. I was standing in that endzone. A little high but definitely still a routine punt. Refs did not do Springfield any favors saying it wasn't a safety. I guess forward progress gave Henry County a break.

Kuddos to 0 playing on a busted wheel. Tough kid. 

Talked to multiple Henry County and Springfield fans. Passionate about their football!

I tried to get a photo with the star OC, but we are gonna meet up at the iso cafe for the Tennessee game.

Trolingers BBQ was delicious. Thanks for the recommendation!

And the post route that 3 dropped in the 4th qt. It was a little high but catchable. Maybe could have scored there. 

2 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Sorry I missed the tailgate Drew! I got there about 6:40 and y’all were still there but I needed to get to my seat. My brother did say he and his son stopped by to talk. Hopefully next time I’ll be able to make more time. 

I didn't know that was your son! Enjoyed meeting the young man. And hate we missed you, but yes - we will make it happen again.