Trenton Peabody @ Mase

WestTnFootball13

Congrats to MASE on getting the hard fought win despite playing a sloppy game last night. Great job by Coach Miller to keep them focus enough to overcome all the self inflicted wounds after getting down early. If MASE can clean up the penalties and not hurt themselves they will have a great shot at beating another very good team next week. Congrats to Peabody on a good season. 

And if you have a gripe about the situation with MAHS kids getting granted eligibility to play for MASE take that up with the TSSAA not the school, kids and coaches. They followed all the rules and guidelines that were in place to my knowledge so stop trying to use that as an excuse after a loss. Two good teams played it out on the field fair and square and the better team won. It makes grown men look bad when you use that as an excuse after the fact. The hit dogs will always holler the loudest. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

Congrats to MASE on getting the hard fought win despite playing a sloppy game last night. Great job by Coach Miller to keep them focus enough to overcome all the self inflicted wounds after getting down early. If MASE can clean up the penalties and not hurt themselves they will have a great shot at beating another very good team next week. Congrats to Peabody on a good season. 

And if you have a gripe about the situation with MAHS kids getting granted eligibility to play for MASE take that up with the TSSAA not the school, kids and coaches. They followed all the rules and guidelines that were in place to my knowledge so stop trying to use that as an excuse after a loss. Two good teams played it out on the field fair and square and the better team won. It makes grown men look bad when you use that as an excuse after the fact. The hit dogs will always holler the loudest. 

Well said. Think only one player from last years MASE team is a starter on this team. And that MASE team from last year wasn’t very good. Not like 2 great teams joined together to form a super team like some want you to believe.

55 minutes ago, WestTnFootball13 said:

Well said. Think only one player from last years MASE team is a starter on this team. And that MASE team from last year wasn’t very good. Not like 2 great teams joined together to form a super team like some want you to believe.

All most people are going to read into is the we got 14 new kids to replace and bench the ones that gave their all last year part.  I believe TSSAA should have done their due diligence and split the kids up and had a maximum # aloud to transfer to one school and that would have totally avoided this situation. There is more than 1 Charter school in Memphis city limits. 

Well I watched both games and thought Peabody was going to get it done but couldn’t hang on. The Brown kid was the difference maker. I’m no gambler but I would’ve bet a lot that next week was going to be Peabody vs Fayetteville. 1A competition this year might be the best it’s ever been. Crazy Mase appeal to stay down in 1A was allowed. Looks like they have the Memphis super team all playing 1A ball. After watching last night I wouldn’t be surprised if Mase knocks off McKenzie but they are going to have to win against a Senior laden team that’s looking to redeem themselves. Will be one of the best games in the state next week. I’m just keeping it real

As a Westview fan, I can tell you Coach Miller and his team are the real deal. They held Westview to 16 pts in their playoff game last season when everyone else gave up 40-60 as Ty Simpson and the talented Westview skill players had thier way usually. He is also a class act as a coach and he will have his boys ready no doubt. With that said, I think the Championship in 1A was decided last night in the McKenzie vs Fayetville game. I think McKenzie wins and goes on to take the gold ball. Im rooting for our neighbors to win this one and represent our area well. Go Rebels!!

Hats off to the Coach Jacobs and staff for having their kids ready to play.  Mase had some problems tonight.  Because they finally faced a formidable team.  Both teams played hard. The difference was the speed of Mase and brown.  The two best players on the field will be Qb Cassidy and Mase Brown.  Cassidy does a great job of extending the play.  I think Driggers is a winner who seem to be more of a running back playing QB.  If McKenzie can throw the ball, they may win.  But they will not stop the running game of Mase.  If Mase is more discipline, they will this game by 1 td.

MASE is gonna have to open up the passing game to win this one since MCKenzie will likely load the box to try to stop Brown. MASE does have other weapons and they will have to step up. Brown is on a mission tho, if they don’t load the box and he goes over 200 gonna be a long night for McKenzie. If MASE plays a clean game and can eliminate some of the self inflicted wounds they had against Peabody they should be fine.