Way too early AAAA favorites…

Gr8bballfan

17 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Definitely have a weak back end of the schedule.  I believe that is why the York game was put where it was.   But the Cavs are battle tested from the first 20 games.  They know where they stand.  I just hope they are playing at the same level at the end of the season.  

Actually we are 5-1 in 7AAA this year.  We lost the one game by a last second shot.  We played that game vs Livingston without our head coach and assistant coach.  I think that alone is worth more than the 2 pts we lost by.  

I absolutely love the way Livingston plays and their players but Cookeville wins that game a high percentage of the time.  That’s not a knock on Livingston but there aren’t many games where Cookeville will shoot 20% from 3 and have the opposing team shoot 23 FT vs Cookeville’s 7.  Hope both teams make it to the glass house and maybe we can run it back and play next season.

Only takes one game, and you are out.

Livingston vs Cookeville is nearly 5 to 5 if they play 10 games today.

3 hours ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

Only takes one game, and you are out.

Livingston vs Cookeville is nearly 5 to 5 if they play 10 games today.

Unfortunately we played so bad that we left that impression.  They are a very good team.  And they made the shot when it counted.  

But the one thing not up for debate is that they both are very good teams.  

On 1/23/2023 at 7:21 AM, JustABlueFan said:

Also, LA is 9-0 so far this year in games against state ranked opponents, all classifications. The win against Cookeville wasn't a fluke that wouldn't happen again. My point with the 7-AAA is the depth and physicality. I can't see anyone going undefeated for the year in that district.

It’s cyclical. I remember when Mt Juliet was one of the best teams in the state and Wilson Central had some good teams as well. Go back even further to Shelbyville and White County in the 90s and early 2000’s. The Rutherford County teams have benefited from the AAU circuit and their ability to recruit players. Last I checked Lebanon has had a decent run as well. In the end it all gets settled on the floor in Murfreesboro as it should. 

16 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

:roflol:I do that sometimes when nobody’s looking :D

Surprised mcminn central beat bradley and then beat Meigs very handily the following night. I think centrals strength of schedule is beginning to pay off. My prediction is that in AA girls basketball  it will be either mcminn central or York Institute. Alcoa being the darkhorse in 3rd for me. 

On 1/24/2023 at 8:39 AM, UCSportsFan said:

It’s cyclical. I remember when Mt Juliet was one of the best teams in the state and Wilson Central had some good teams as well. Go back even further to Shelbyville and White County in the 90s and early 2000’s. The Rutherford County teams have benefited from the AAU circuit and their ability to recruit players. Last I checked Lebanon has had a decent run as well. In the end it all gets settled on the floor in Murfreesboro as it should. 

MJ has been awful a while, so has WCS.  Cookeville is class and will run to the semis, and Lebanon is an easy out, and not a team any decent team should worry about, undiciplined, selfish, and already imploding under the massive ego of the players and coach.