Semi Haywood vs Pearl-Cohn

Ljsr

3 hours ago, stacmot said:

As far as I know, there are no other schools in Tennessee with the mascot "Tomcats."  However, I do know of some other schools in other states who have a "Tomcat" mascot.  Paul Blazer High School, Ashland KY, East Aurora High School, Aurora IL, Stone High School, Wiggins MS, Tom Bean High School, Tom Bean TX, Trimble High School, Glouster OH, and Thiel College, Greenville PA.  I'm sure there could be others, but at least we're unique in Tennessee.

@ManOfMillions What are we going to do without you in Region 7 next year?  I guess you'll come back for a post every now and then.  Hopefully, you and @Tigersandcats will get Region 6 fans more active.

I am going to miss the Haywood game! We have certainly played some dandy's over the years. The past few have not really been great games, but some of the contests were very exciting games. I was a little surprised that we were put in region 6, kinda disappointed if I am being honest. The only region 7 opponent I see us hanging on to is Milan. Crockett has always been a good game for us as well. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

21 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I am going to miss the Haywood game! We have certainly played some dandy's over the years. The past few have not really been great games, but some of the contests were very exciting games. I was a little surprised that we were put in region 6, kinda disappointed if I am being honest. The only region 7 opponent I see us hanging on to is Milan. Crockett has always been a good game for us as well. 

I guess with Liberty and McNairy dropping down to 3A it kinda shook things up. I was kinda surprised SGC landed in region 6 as well. 

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

I guess with Liberty and McNairy dropping down to 3A it kinda shook things up. I was kinda surprised SGC landed in region 6 as well. 

The common theme I've noticed is the TSSAA didn't put traveling as an emphasis on regions. Adamsville will have to make trips to Gibson County, Peabody, and Milan in 2A. Riverside will have to make a trip to Gibson County, Peabody, and Milan as well. I will say that Region 7-2 is going to be the best region in football next year in West Tennessee. Back to the traveling emphasis, Bolivar/McNairy Central having to go to Westview, and Scotts having to go to Covington and Ripley. 

So, the TSSAA didn't care about the traveling part. Teams will have in West Tennessee. 

The biggest surprised was Fayette Ware going to Region 7, that bumped South Gibson to Region 6. North Side was going to Region 6 no matter what. They were going to replaced Liberty. Just wasn't expecting South Gibson to join us. With that being said, South Gibson, Hardin County, and Lexington isn't too shabby of a region. I'm not going to throw North Side in there because they don't have a head coach yet. However, I expect Chester County to be an improved football team next year. I think the question mark is South Side.

Most years, 7-2 could be the toughest region in the state . The region McNairy is in is a logistical nightmare. Two hour plus school bus rides. No good gates for the home teams . Region 6-4A will definitely get a little stronger with the addition of SGC. I don’t see y’all staying down forever either. Once North Side gets the right staff in place  y’all will be back. To many athletes not to.

• 3 weeks later...