Mckenzie travels to MASE 11/25

RedRebelman

23 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I watched the feed from the Fayetteville end on NFHS and honestly was quite happy with viewing experience. That cat knows the players on both teams and is very accurate giving a description of the action. Plus his camera gave me a pretty good look at the game. I would certainly recommend it over just listening on the radio. Obviously I’d have rather been there. But i got to see the game from a fixed position and enjoyed it. Very few technical issues considering the temps. 
I plan on watching McKenzie again tonight. 

Our guys do a good job, and when the full set up is able to be used, it is really good. The guy who produces it is in a trailer, and cuts to commercials, has replay, and as long as we got camera operators, switches between cameras.

Not sure about tonight though.  No power on visiting side so I think they are bringing the not so technical set up.  

3 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Our guys do a good job, and when the full set up is able to be used, it is really good. The guy who produces it is in a trailer, and cuts to commercials, has replay, and as long as we got camera operators, switches between cameras.

Not sure about tonight though.  No power on visiting side so I think they are bringing the not so technical set up.  

I agree, I have watched several of your games on NFHS and it really feels like I am watching it on TV like a game I would watch on the weekend, your guys do a great job!

8 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Thanks for the info brother. Sounds like you guys go all out to make the viewing as good as possible without sideline cameras and drones. I’ll be tuning in. 

4 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Thanks for the info brother. Sounds like you guys go all out to make the viewing as good as possible without sideline cameras and drones. I’ll be tuning in. 

Its not me, but two former players. Like I said, it has alot to do with where we are and technical availabilities.

2 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I watched the feed from the Fayetteville end on NFHS and honestly was quite happy with viewing experience. That cat knows the players on both teams and is very accurate giving a description of the action. Plus his camera gave me a pretty good look at the game. I would certainly recommend it over just listening on the radio. Obviously I’d have rather been there. But i got to see the game from a fixed position and enjoyed it. Very few technical issues considering the temps. 
I plan on watching McKenzie again tonight. 

Most NFHS broadcasts are done using a fixed position camera with no commentary.  Very few NFHS schools have portable equipment and use commentary.  Your school is one of the rare exceptions. Glad you had a good experience.  Sadly, many dont

2 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Peabody broadcasting was in the pressbox versus MASE. There were power issues there that were resolved before broadcast time. As MASE does not have media you should be in pressbox. Curious, do you do the commentary for radio and stream or just radio?

40 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Peabody broadcasting was in the pressbox versus MASE. There were power issues there that were resolved before broadcast time. As MASE does not have media you should be in pressbox. Curious, do you do the commentary for radio and stream or just radio?

Just radio. We can get into the pressbox if we want. We may just choose to stay on our side.  I spoke with the AD at MASE.  Very nice guy. He said you couldn’t see out the glass very well in the pressbox. We were welcome to do whichever.

I talked with Peabody’s guys.  They actually stood outside to broadcast cast on the pressbox side.