What will Lipscomb do?

smoke14

1 hour ago, TTate said:

...Coach Sione would have been a great replacement.    I would call Phil Dawson to gauge interest as well

7 minutes ago, sportsfan11212 said:

Does Lipscomb contact Phillip Rivers? Coaches currently at a faith-based school in Fairhope, Alabama. 

if those fellers aint of that Christ Church denomination....it aint hapnin

Booger just sayin :???:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Outsiders opinion here....those saying Dilfer changed the culture, built a foundation, etc: did the culture really change or did the financial commitment change? Did Dilfer reallt build a foundation or was it McCadams? I suggested a few weeks ago that a time would come to gauge if it was all worth it. That time is now. 

I'm an outsider too, and I think the answer is both.  From what I know, some well-heeled Lipscomb people put their money where their mouth is to build a top notch football program...they questioned why as a faith-based school with similar enrollment numbers they couldn't be BA or CPA.  Whatever your feelings are about him, there is no denying that Dilfer has done an incredible job there...it's not just the commitment.  They lost what looked like most of their best players from last year and are a lot better this year.  I read the article about the Spillman kids...pretty amazing, those kids were bound for LA whether they were athletes or not, they just happened to turn out to be incredible athletes.  My son has played sports against Kaleb Beasly his whole life...he could have just as easily ended up at Ensworth or BA, but chose LA long before Dilfer really had it going.  Pretty sure the High kid is a homegrown LA kid.  So that's a bunch of their best players right there that aren't exactly recruited kids from all over.  Dilfer has made them real high level recruits.

I don't care for a lot of the comments Dilfer has made to have come and gone in 4 years, but he's an incredible football coach.  He will not be easy to replace, even with a big financial commitment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Navy21412 said:

I'm an outsider too, and I think the answer is both.  From what I know, some well-heeled Lipscomb people put their money where their mouth is to build a top notch football program...they questioned why as a faith-based school with similar enrollment numbers they couldn't be BA or CPA.  Whatever your feelings are about him, there is no denying that Dilfer has done an incredible job there...it's not just the commitment.  They lost what looked like most of their best players from last year and are a lot better this year.  I read the article about the Spillman kids...pretty amazing, those kids were bound for LA whether they were athletes or not, they just happened to turn out to be incredible athletes.  My son has played sports against Kaleb Beasly his whole life...he could have just as easily ended up at Ensworth or BA, but chose LA long before Dilfer really had it going.  Pretty sure the High kid is a homegrown LA kid.  So that's a bunch of their best players right there that aren't exactly recruited kids from all over.  Dilfer has made them real high level recruits.

I don't care for a lot of the comments Dilfer has made to have come and gone in 4 years, but he's an incredible football coach.  He will not be easy to replace, even with a big financial commitment.

Good post…agree!

Just now, Flea21 said:

Good post…agree!

double click.  

I don't have to love every single thing about dilfer to have lots of respect for him and what he has accomplished.  he yelled at my kid one time and I asked him how it made him feel.  he said not good.  I said then don't yell at other people.  he said ok.  that was a valuable experience for us and did not change my respect for dilfer.  he taught my son a lesson and I am grateful for that.  

I agree Dilfer did a great job at LA. Made LA much more competitive and won  a state championship, maybe another to come. I just don't think the culture changed or any type of foundation laid. The foundation was laid long ago. My outsiders opinion is that LA changed their priorities and started to sink a lot of money into the program. Nothing wrong with that and the current outcome shows. Interested in seeing who they hire. 

15 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

double click.  

I don't have to love every single thing about dilfer to have lots of respect for him and what he has accomplished.  he yelled at my kid one time and I asked him how it made him feel.  he said not good.  I said then don't yell at other people.  he said ok.  that was a valuable experience for us and did not change my respect for dilfer.  he taught my son a lesson and I am grateful for that.  

Gee , if only my Daddy would have been there all the Hundreds of times I got yelled at Playing Sports .... NOT ! Maybe that's why I didn't Crumble to pieces when I joined the United States Marine Corps after I graduated . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Gee , if only my Daddy would have been there all the Hundreds of times I got yelled at Playing Sports .... NOT ! Maybe that's why I didn't Crumble to pieces when I joined the United States Marine Corps after I graduated . 

my kid didn't crumble but we had a good convo.  sorry if my point was not clear.  

thanks for your service. 

• Like 2

I have been informed by an old CofC and influential David Lipscomb University graduate that Dr. Candice McQueen may have more to say about the direction of the Lipscomb Academy athletic program than many want to believe.  The information that I received is that the president of Lipscomb University is where the buck stops even when dealing with the high school.  It will be interesting to see what happens next.

59 minutes ago, Navy21412 said:

Booger just sayin :thumb: