What will Lipscomb do?

smoke14

16 hours ago, gcapride said:

Dilfer is a disgrace to TN High School Football Coaching. You seem like a decent poster, still new so we will see. His antics are ridiculous and the HS game, at least in TN, doesn’t need it. Glad to see him go. Warming up at another HS and bussing in with 2:00 on the clock before game time, absurd. I was the color guy on our radio broadcast for 8 years. We had 1 opposing coach in 8 years refuse to do a 5 minute phone interview for the pregame show during game week. Take a guess who that self righteous coach was? And the post game interview today, with the fake crying??? You guys should be embarrassed by that on TV. Let alone throwing it in the end zone with :29 to go…. Lipscomb is getting ready to pay a bunch of receipts over the next few years. 

Spot on - Trent loves him some Trent....

Well, it didn't take this thread long to go from "what will Lipscomb do?" to "what has Trent done?". Whatever he has done and for whatever reason, he accomplished what the brain trust hired him for, and if "Lipscomb" wishes to continue fulfilling their original agenda I will assume that the same formula will apply. Whomever (at Lipscomb) decided to go all out in pursuit of building a winning program has raised the bar significantly in the DII segment of TSSAA football and be it Lipscomb or some other program who wishes to seize this opportunity to take the crown, that standard will have to be the target.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sportsfan11212 said:

If it’s a Witten I think it would be his brother Jason. He’s a high school coach in Texas and would have more name value.

Again, it’s my understanding that the new regime at Lipscomb will want the coaches to be CofC but who knows if they will bend but not break on some of the rules.  This is now President Candice McQueen’s show and ultimately she will make the rules as to who is allowed to teach and coach at Lipscomb.  Anyone that feels that Mrs. McQueen and the old school CofC people are not now running Lipscomb should take the short drive down Hillsboro Pike for Sunday morning service and ask a few questions.  

Edited by cbg

3 hours ago, cbg said:

Again, it’s my understanding that the new regime at Lipscomb will want the coaches to be CofC but who knows if they will bend but not break on some of the rules.  This is now President Candice McQueen’s show and ultimately she will make the rules as to who is allowed to teach and coach at Lipscomb.  Anyone that feels that Mrs. McQueen and the old school CofC people are not now running Lipscomb should take the short drive down Hillsboro Pike for Sunday morning service and ask a few questions.  

CBG...I think you are propagating a very old narrative regarding CoC requirements.  Everything I've heard is contrary to the requirement and much of what is being spewed on this site.  I hear McQueen is in charge AND committed to excellence in every aspect of the academy.  The school appears very diverse and reflective of Nashville, not Hillsboro road.  I might could have agreed a few years ago. 

To the GCAPride guy, so much sour grapes.  Did you listen to the state broadcast where they talked about the complete dedication to an NFL like process of meeting with the media, access to all the coaches prior to the game?  I think we can put your experience in the Cumberland.  Go back and listen.  Perhaps you should emphasize the first word in the name of your school if it was a poor experience.  However, a somewhat CPA biased broadcast crew had only positives to share.

I'll get back to a prior post of mine, let's set this generation of young men up for great success in a very hateful and diverse  world.  It sounds and looks like Lipscomb addressed those issues head on.  There must be something to be learned vs soul selling, flying in players on Friday afternoon and any other hyperbole's that are used. If you don't have facts, shut up.  If you have facts, bring'em.  I know Booger and TK will be first in line to break out the decoder ring.

Lipscomb has an enormous challenge in front of them by moving up to AAA.  I'm looking forward to seeing how their community, administration and players rally or fail in this transition.    It will be a weekly gauntlet.  I hope they thrive and add to the AAA mix.  It will be fun to watch.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 7:53 PM, Ballfan4562 said:

I’d seriously doubt it. 

He has already called Hoover HS and recommended 3 Lipscomb players to their program. Not sure he’s worried about who takes over. 

There any truth to this? How does families literally just up and move their kids for football or sports in general? I understand the education part of it but most do it for all the wrong reasons. If I could send my kids to Baylor, McCallie or GPS for the education then sure I’m all for it but just to move for athletics is absurd to me. 

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys

29 minutes ago, Bledsoebtheboys said:

There any truth to this? How does families literally just up and move their kids for football or sports in general? I understand the education part of it but most do it for all the wrong reasons. If I could send my kids to Baylor, McCallie or GPS for the education then sure I’m all for it but just to move for athletics is absurd to me. 

Unfortunately kids transferring for athletic purposes happens much more frequently than kids transferring for academics.