What will Lipscomb do?

smoke14

14 hours ago, sportsfan11212 said:

Sorry to but in but this is kind of my specialty. Too early to rank anybody but I’ll do a little rundown based on what I know.

LA- Extremely talented, but very young position player group. 4 D1 commits at the moment, and honestly there’s probably another 2 or 3 on the roster. Pitching depth could be their issue. Probably have the best player in the region. Also heard rumblings of a potential incoming impact transfer.

CPA- I’ll let breadtruck take this since it’s his guys.

MBA- Very talented veteran team. Have probably the most electric pitcher I’ve seen in this region in a long time. Their SS is special. Really solid lineup with a lot of lefties.

Pope- Very talented rotation, maybe the best 1/2 punch in the region and a solid lineup that will win them games, but is it enough to advance in the postseason?

BA/Ryan- some solid players that will win games, but no high end talent.

Ensworth- They finished in last place last year, and unfortunately I don’t see that changing for them at this time. They have 3 or 4 really solid players that will all play college ball, but beyond that it’s a pretty steep drop off.

Transfer from PA. Pitcher I believe 

4 hours ago, JRB said:

Added a few thoughts...

My favorite season as well BT28.  Let me know if you make the trek to Pope as I still attend many ball games even though my kids have graduated.  

I am very good friends with the Lax family (Pope) and Chet is a gamer. He pitched a gem against CPA in the opener last year. Chet is also the kid that stepped into to play QB when Minchey got hurt.

The middle region has 3 lefty studs in Green, Lax and Lim (MBA) who should win game 1 of each region series.  Last year I thought MBA "threw off" and would pitch Lim in game 3.  

I think LA and CPA are the most talented and should finish 1 and 2, followed by Pope and MBA.  After that I think it is a logjam.  Ensworth has a few talented players however they always seem to lack pitching and depth in the lineup, which is surprising given Coach Maxwell is one of the bigger baseball names in middle TN.   

We should start a thread for D2-II over on the baseball board.

Would love for there to be chat in the baseball forum!

I’ll be at the game. Just look for the big goofy coach holding an iPad most of the time :)

Edited by BreadTruck28

On 12/9/2022 at 10:23 AM, PurplePanther said:

Booger’s home will be Catholic Mecca on Sunday!  Catholic middle, north, and south will all be @ Norte Dame screaming for the Fighting Irish wrestling. Who are they rooting for since all of ‘em are the fighting Irish? :roflol:

had planned on bein present,,,,,but could get back to Vermont Ave in time

Booger just sayin :thumb: