What will Lipscomb do?

smoke14

38 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Because perception is a big part of reality, especially for the current generation of kids...instant credibility is worth a few years' worth of results in some situations. Dilfer may have gotten Lipscomb to the same place if you'd never heard of him, but not as soon as it happened just because you (and everyone else) knew the reputation...not because he could coach.

I will disagree with you. I think you and I could have done just as well as Dilfer if we had the players he did. Granted we could not have got them like his reputation did, not his coaching. I f Dilfer had been coach at Glencliff he would have not any better than current coach ( no disrespect to him),  Players won those games at LA, not Dilfer. I do think there are some former pro players who can coach. My point is there are others who can coach just as well. 

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

I will disagree with you. I think you and I could have done just as well as Dilfer if we had the players he did. Granted we could not have got them like his reputation did, not his coaching. I f Dilfer had been coach at Glencliff he would have not any better than current coach ( no disrespect to him),  Players won those games at LA, not Dilfer. I do think there are some former pro players who can coach. My point is there are others who can coach just as well. 

You really need a comprehensive reading class man...you begin with "I disagree with you", then agree with everything I stated. The only thing different at all is that you insinuate that Dilfer isn't a better coach than average, and I just left that out altogether. Literally just did the same thing on the BA thread too...SMH!

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

Completely disagree with you….Trent was an amazing x&o coach, coupled with having 15+ coaches on staff.  Defensive coordinator so good that Trent brought with him to UAB.  Say what you want, but how many high school d-coordinators step up to a power 5 d coordinator job.  
You have zero idea what you’re talking about here.  You think Lipscomb had better talent talent than Thompson?

47 minutes ago, Flea21 said:

Completely disagree with you….Trent was an amazing x&o coach, coupled with having 15+ coaches on staff.  Defensive coordinator so good that Trent brought with him to UAB.  Say what you want, but how many high school d-coordinators step up to a power 5 d coordinator job.  
You have zero idea what you’re talking about here.  You think Lipscomb had better talent talent than Thompson?

i'm with flea.  I think the man is an incredible head coach/CEO.  the vision he cast and the drive with which he pursued that vision was pretty amazing to watch.  he attracted the talent on the field, pulled in amazing coaches, cast a vision for a brand that is pretty strong and attractive, set a goal and achieved it.  I think that's selling him short to call him an average coach.  LA was a door mat when he arrived and he won a championship in 3 years.  

ask jimbo fisher about having all the talent in the world but not winning...

33 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

i'm with flea.  I think the man is an incredible head coach/CEO.  the vision he cast and the drive with which he pursued that vision was pretty amazing to watch.  he attracted the talent on the field, pulled in amazing coaches, cast a vision for a brand that is pretty strong and attractive, set a goal and achieved it.  I think that's selling him short to call him an average coach.  LA was a door mat when he arrived and he won a championship in 3 years.  

ask jimbo fisher about having all the talent in the world but not winning...

Before you think that I'm disagreeing with you, I'm not...you nailed it! I find it sort of interesting that while listing Dilfer's positive qualities, you completely omitted coaching knowledge. I'm not saying that Trent can't coach (in the pure form of the word)...I'm sort of illuminating the fact that success can be achieved in many ways, and your word CEO for it is perfect.

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Before you think that I'm disagreeing with you, I'm not...you nailed it! I find it sort of interesting that while listing Dilfer's positive qualities, you completely omitted coaching knowledge. I'm not saying that Trent can't coach (in the pure form of the word)...I'm sort of illuminating the fact that success can be achieved in many ways, and your word CEO for it is perfect.

I dont think you were disagreeing with me.  fb247 said, "I think you and I could have done just as well as Dilfer if we had the players he did" and I dont think that's true.  I didn't mention his football knowledge because I am not qualified to discern that, I dont think.  however, I co-own several companies, have been the CEO and know what a good one looks like.  sounds like we agree on that.

12 minutes ago, cbg said:

So who is Lipscomb going to hire at the next football coach?  It’s currently January 23, 2023 and the clock is ticking, do they have any additional interviews scheduled?

Kevin Mawae.

The biggest reason to go with another NFL guy is because whoever it is has to be connected enough to continue to fund the program. The school itself did not pay for those 25 assistant coaches, strength staff, nutritionist, and barber. That was all raised internally. Whoever gets the job has to be able to continue to raise those funds because they will not be coming from the school itself.

55 minutes ago, cbg said:

So who is Lipscomb going to hire at the next football coach?  It’s currently January 23, 2023 and the clock is ticking, do they have any additional interviews scheduled?

theres tickin on time tellers all over the state....this one seems to tick more than the rest of'em.....no more interviews needed.......ole TTate has shut down the process...said its a done deal bout last mid week....called out the official new HC right here on T....

may be TTate fact.....just no one else in nashville nose bout it and got that memo yet tho

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Kevin Mawae.

The biggest reason to go with another NFL guy is because whoever it is has to be connected enough to continue to fund the program. The school itself did not pay for those 25 assistant coaches, strength staff, nutritionist, and barber. That was all raised internally. Whoever gets the job has to be able to continue to raise those funds because they will not be coming from the school itself.

If it's Mawae, that's a really good hire.  He started his career at MBA after he retired from the Titans and developed a really good reputation not just as a coach but as a leader in the school.  I can't remember what exact role he was given in the school, but it was a very senior position.  Plus, he was hosting on campus a really high level OL camp during the summer.  Just like Dilfer could attract QBs, Mawae will attract O linemen from all over.  Was just thinking recently we need to get something like that going again, maybe with Steve Hutchinson.