West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

Lott has been coaching since Moby Dick was a minnow. Congrats to him on his milestone.

In the meanwhile, I just watched some of a Facebook live from Jackson South Side's game today vs a prep school from St. Louis. They were giants compared to South Side. Class 3A might want to be on notice. Coach McNeal has his team on a mission as it looks from watching this game. That was a quality win for them at this point in the season.

On 1/4/2023 at 6:20 AM, HawkGuy06 said:

Prayers & blessings to her for great news today! Let her know South Side is & will continue to be praying for her! We definitely know a thing or 2 about injuries! Keep us updated 

Congratulations on a big win tonight!! Heard y’all played a really good team and won a dogfight!!

44 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Lott has been coaching since Moby Dick was a minnow. Congrats to him on his milestone.

In the meanwhile, I just watched some of a Facebook live from Jackson South Side's game today vs a prep school from St. Louis. They were giants compared to South Side. Class 3A might want to be on notice. Coach McNeal has his team on a mission as it looks from watching this game. That was a quality win for them at this point in the season.

South Side is taking names later. Bad thing for opposing teams are that they are scoring in the 70’s a lot of times against good teams and it is hard for opposing teams to score 40-50. Just a really solid bunch. 

7 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

It was a battle! We found a way to pull it out! They was a tough team with a lot of size! 

The win tonight means South Side will head to the state tournament with a record of 31-0. There is not a team left on their schedule that will challenge them and they will blow through district/region/substate.

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Congratulations on a big win tonight!! Heard y’all played a really good team and won a dogfight!!

Thanks Pioneer! Them people was huge! We played some giants yesterday & battled foul trouble. Despite being outsized(which probably nobody in 3A is bigger than us) and foul trouble we found a way to pull it out on a neutral floor. 6’3 vs 5’3 who you think was the leading rebounder? Yea give me our 5’3 guard Albany Collins

9 hours ago, maddams said:

The win tonight means South Side will head to the state tournament with a record of 31-0. There is not a team left on their schedule that will challenge them and they will blow through district/region/substate.

Yessir, looking for a final record of 34-0 bring that gold ball back to West Tn! But it’s a lot of ball left to be played & everyone on our remaining schedule is a threat each & every night. It’s a new season after Tuesday so forget your record, everyone is 0-0! Our district is weak, region is weak oh yea substate is weak as well lol. But we not looking past anyone! 

9 hours ago, maddams said:

13 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Thanks Pioneer! Them people was huge! We played some giants yesterday & battled foul trouble. Despite being outsized(which probably nobody in 3A is bigger than us) and foul trouble we found a way to pull it out on a neutral floor. 6’3 vs 5’3 who you think was the leading rebounder? Yea give me our 5’3 guard Albany Collins

Yeah we ran into that in Collierville against Sparkman, AL. I figured since y’all were going to Bartlett y’all would run into some size and a good team. Congratulations on a good win!! South Side is the team to beat in AAA for sure. I will say the Upperman’s, Livingston Academy’s, Greenville’s, White County’s, Elizabethton’s and Cumberland County’s of the world will be a challenge but South Side will be the toughest out in AAA IMO. I agree they will be double digit favorites through sub-state. Who y’all got in District 13-16 AAA going to state?? Dyer County got smoked by McNairy a couple of nights ago. Is it Crockett and Fayette Ware?? Didn’t Fayette Ware lose a couple of girls??

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah we ran into that in Collierville against Sparkman, AL. I figured since y’all were going to Bartlett y’all would run into some size and a good team. Congratulations on a good win!! South Side is the team to beat in AAA for sure. I will say the Upperman’s, Livingston Academy’s, Greenville’s, White County’s, Elizabethton’s and Cumberland County’s of the world will be a challenge but South Side will be the toughest out in AAA IMO. I agree they will be double digit favorites through sub-state. Who y’all got in District 13-16 AAA going to state?? Dyer County got smoked by McNairy a couple of nights ago. Is it Crockett and Fayette Ware?? Didn’t Fayette Ware lose a couple of girls??

That group of districts is weak this year. I think Crockett and Fayette Ware are the favorites to get there. Maybe a Memphis team could get Crockett in substate (Melrose?).
Crockett has a great record but no good wins and just got drilled by SGC at home.

Fayette Ware has some athletes and will get after people on the defensive end.

Dyer Co has one loss and literally no good wins. The record is deceiving. They’re not good. 

1 hour ago, maddams said:

That group of districts is weak this year. I think Crockett and Fayette Ware are the favorites to get there. Maybe a Memphis team could get Crockett in substate (Melrose?).
Crockett has a great record but no good wins and just got drilled by SGC at home.

Fayette Ware has some athletes and will get after people on the defensive end.

Dyer Co has one loss and literally no good wins. The record is deceiving. They’re not good. 

Been disappointed in Dyersburg but still think they can make some noise come regions 

2 hours ago, TrickyD said:

Been disappointed in Dyersburg but still think they can make some noise come regions 

I really thought Dyersburg would be better this year. I know they are really young and they will be incredibly talented for the next two years. But I really expected more this season