West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

56 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Thanks! Yea I know y’all district & schedule is tougher than ours. Our district or region is not very good but I guess we still have to play the games lol. I wish we could’ve played Westview these past few years 

54 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea she can ball! She leaves it all on the floor, and plays defense on your best player. 

52 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

The cat is out the bag! She wasn’t eligible to play this year but she more than likely will be a Hawk next year. 

Yeah she is a solid player. And she is a good rebounder too. This one is hard to figure out. South Gibson’s weakness is rebounding. Westview and South Side would be fun. Game last night looked a lot like GC and South Side. Was a defensive game. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah she is a solid player. And she is a good rebounder too. This one is hard to figure out. South Gibson’s weakness is rebounding. Westview and South Side would be fun. Game last night looked a lot like GC and South Side. Was a defensive game. 

Good loss for y’all. Y’all’s district & region at bethel this year? 

40 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Good loss for y’all. Y’all’s district & region at bethel this year? 

No it will likely be at District Champ and Region site is supposed to be across the river “if” they win a game I guess. It was a single digit game until the end. It was five and we had the ball two or three times in the middle of the fourth. Our defense was pretty solid. Just had too many turnovers and wasn’t effective offensively. Credit to Westview’s defense but our offense wasn’t good at all. We had some unforced TO’s too as well. Coach Wilkins had a great game plan. He had us in position to win the game.

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

AA is what I meant. I don’t know what Alcoa has but I think they have a couple of good posts. Know Gatlinburg Pittman has a real good posts. But Huntingdon has two girls that will bang with you and finishes very well. They put up 55 combined against McKenzie if I am not mistaken. They are very good and very physical. 

Huntington's post are pretty good, but I wouldn't base it off of McKenzie who had nothing inside. Can Huntington beat Westview? Aren't they in the district with them and Gibson?

34 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

No it will likely be at District Champ and Region site is supposed to be across the river “if” they win a game I guess. It was a single digit game until the end. It was five and we had the ball two or three times in the middle of the fourth. Our defense was pretty solid. Just had too many turnovers and wasn’t effective offensively. Credit to Westview’s defense but our offense wasn’t good at all. We had some unforced TO’s too as well. Coach Wilkins had a great game plan. He had us in position to win the game.

I didn’t think Westview’s offense was great either. They had some turnovers too that were out of character. I thought Sims looked shaky too. Alexander can flat spot up and shoot! Think she had 3-4 threes

34 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Huntington's post are pretty good, but I wouldn't base it off of McKenzie who had nothing inside. Can Huntington beat Westview? Aren't they in the district with them and Gibson?

Huntingdon "can" beat Westview and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I've seen both play and a lot of it will come down to can Huntingdon stop WV from scoring. It's the game inside of the game that makes WV fun to watch. They can speed up or slow down the game, and they got good shooters all around the perimeter and good players coming off the bench and you don't see a drop off. I'm sure big Wilkins and younger Wilkins have game planned together. If Huntingdon hits shots from the outside, to go along  with their interior presence, Huntingdon could win it. If they want to trade 2s for 3s, then I think WV will win. WV gets pressed pretty much every game and that's how they run their offense. Teams that don't press tend to make the games much closer than they should be. 

51 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

They play good against whoever. Just saying they put up 55 against them. I think Huntingdon can beat us or Westview. Will they?? I don’t know. Westview’s ball pressure has caused us problems last five games. Their defense is for real. We all talk about their shooting but their defense is smothering and shuts good teams down. They shut down Alcoa and York last year. We caught them on an off night and they still beat us by 11. Their defense caused more problems than ours. Yes GC, Westview and Huntingdon all are in District together. If Huntingdon’s  guards are on and handle pressure and make a few three’s they will be really tough. Huntingdon and Gibson County have to quit turning the ball over to have a shot at Westview. 

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

I didn’t think Westview’s offense was great either. They had some turnovers too that were out of character. I thought Sims looked shaky too. Alexander can flat spot up and shoot! Think she had 3-4 threes

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

These 2 like Summertown - Loretto  n heyday - who shows up that particular game just hope it’s the game that counts 

39 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Huntingdon "can" beat Westview and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I've seen both play and a lot of it will come down to can Huntingdon stop WV from scoring. It's the game inside of the game that makes WV fun to watch. They can speed up or slow down the game, and they got good shooters all around the perimeter and good players coming off the bench and you don't see a drop off. I'm sure big Wilkins and younger Wilkins have game planned together. If Huntingdon hits shots from the outside, to go along  with their interior presence, Huntingdon could win it. If they want to trade 2s for 3s, then I think WV will win. WV gets pressed pretty much every game and that's how they run their offense. Teams that don't press tend to make the games much closer than they should be. 

I thought Gibson County had the momentum a couple of times but the lulls and TO’s offensively stopped our momentum. Again, credit to Westview’s defense. They need to get a ton of credit. I thought GIbson County’s defense played tough and Westview was off some for sure but still made some money shots but Gibson County was in it real late. We have pressed, hadn’t pressed…etc…we got to quit turning it over. Did against Huntingdon too. We have to get better there. I do think there will be some battles between the two for sure. We lost the game and not happy about it but it was a dogfight and was an enjoyable game. Congrats to both teams on leaving it on the floor. Both of these schools are full of class and great programs with many chapters. Refs catch a lot of flack but thought they called a good game. Very fair.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Oh understood! Well that’s all you can do is put your team in position to win. 

39 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh understood! Well that’s all you can do is put your team in position to win. 

Yep. Wilkins had a good plan. Just looked it up. Last year Alcoa had 32 points and York had 37 at state against Westview. Tells you for them to get beat you have to have a great offensive plan as well and hit some shots. 

Edited by pioneer42

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yep. Wilkins had a good plan. Just looked it up. Last year Alcoa had 32 points and York had 37 at state against Westview. Tells you for them to get beat you have to have a great offensive plan as well and hit some shots. 

Gibson Co scored 75 against Huntingdon, 33 against Westview. Westview had a hand in the Gibson Co's shooters faces all night. No uncontested 3's. Chargers said let them drive which they did with little success. If the Fillies can contest against the 3 against Westview they've got a shot. Let them drive, we've got a couple 6'2" gals in the paint waiting on them!

• Like 1