West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

3 hours ago, Bobcats83 said:

Just proves longevity pays off sometimes.  This year’s schedule has to be the weakest in the history of high school basketball.  Only coach on the list with out a state championship. Only 1 of those 900 wins was at the state tournament.  Can’t win the big games.  Needs to hang it up 

Let me play devil's advocate and ask a question...can McNairy hire a better coach?

15 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Let me play devil's advocate and ask a question...can McNairy hire a better coach?

That is a great question, and one that doesn’t get asked often enough by fans wanting a coaching change. I think this applies to any sport. 
Sometimes the answer is yes and you can see an immediate change in program - look at recent changes at Lawrence County and South Gibson. Sometimes a coaching change results in a downgrade (look at Lakeway Christian) or begins a cycle of multiple changes in a short amount of time. That cycle can be really hard on a program.

As for McNairy specifically, whether Coach Lott retires or is asked to retire, their admin better have a good plan in place

54 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

Watched South Gibson twice they shoot the three ball really well other than that just average. South Side pressure will be to much for them

My grandmother is 80 years old & can shoot wide open. If I put pressure on her she probably use it on herself lol pressure change a lot. But in all seriousness they definitely can shoot it when they’re on

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea they for some reason think they are ready for us! I heard from a few ppl that they truly can beat us….. I guess it’s 50/50… until them dogs are let loose lol. I agree as well the young lady that quit definitely hurt them bad…. But we welcomed her to South Side with open arms! 

I also had South Gibson & Creek Wood battling it out for at least a top 8 finish in AAA! We definitely can get better as well but I like where we are right now, we can only get better! Our girls are hungry! 

She is a good player. They miss her in a bad way. I know y’all are hungry. Vegas line won’t be 50/50 lol. Will be interesting to say the least. They have to have their A game going for sure. We do as well. That time of year when they all matter. 

6 hours ago, maddams said:

That is a great question, and one that doesn’t get asked often enough by fans wanting a coaching change. I think this applies to any sport. 
Sometimes the answer is yes and you can see an immediate change in program - look at recent changes at Lawrence County and South Gibson. Sometimes a coaching change results in a downgrade (look at Lakeway Christian) or begins a cycle of multiple changes in a short amount of time. That cycle can be really hard on a program.

As for McNairy specifically, whether Coach Lott retires or is asked to retire, their admin better have a good plan in place

I can't get exact on coach's stipend in McNairy County, but it's figured from entry level teaching salary on percentage and it's low... very low. Not knocking anyone, but if you're going to make a "homerun hire" like South Gibson, you're going to have to offer more. Only a handful of coaches in any sport that most knowledgeable fans can't critique in some area, but those same fans often forget that to do that one little thing better, someone would first have to do everything else just as well and that's rare. 

Like you stated, more likely the program takes a step back or begins a run of short term hires who either completely fail or succeed and then leave for a better job. If winning were easy, everyone would.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bobcats83 said:

Just proves longevity pays off sometimes.  This year’s schedule has to be the weakest in the history of high school basketball.  Only coach on the list with out a state championship. Only 1 of those 900 wins was at the state tournament.  Can’t win the big games.  Needs to hang it up 

The troll has raised his head!

1 hour ago, Intense said:

The troll has raised his head!

You and trader love it when people disagree with your opinions.  I don’t have a dog in the McNairy family and happen to agree with him not being able to win the big games. I’m a basketball junkie and have been to games all over.  I witnessed a home substate game where Marshal County annihilated them.  Lost to Camden in region semifinals, a team they’d beaten 3 times.  I witnessed a game in Nashville at DCA I believe, they played someone else, don’t remember who. And they made no adjustments. I wasn’t there but know they got blown out at Dyersburg by Liberty in region championship after beating them twice in a row and then lost at Manassas, a team I saw play that couldn’t shoot a lick, heard McNairy played man. 
Find another coach anywhere at any level who has won that many games and not won more than one state tournament game.  
I have no agree with Bobcats and yes I believe they can hire a better coach 

Edited by Bkbfan4ever