West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

8 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I try to keep up with all the Upper Cumberland teams for the most part. I do believe Southside will be one of the toughest outs in 3a and should make the final 8. Good luck Hawkguy hope you guys stay healthy and make a deep run! 

Understand! Thanks a lot & y’all have alot of talent that way. We are looking forward to it

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

All South Side out score 80-49! 4th quarter 

Yeah McKenzie is a good team too without their other girls but they will be better when David gets back. South Side just really good. Great win for you guys. McKenzie will still be likely the favorite in Single A when Davis gets back. She can go.

On 1/2/2023 at 2:56 PM, pioneer42 said:

Yeah they are good but man they are down three girls that are in their rotation. Our game was close but I got a feeling they will be close for a while but y’all pull away comfortably in second half. They lost their post and 6 man and Miss Basketball. South Side will close out quick on the drive and kicks for three’s. But yea they do play hard and it will be a tough game for sure. Won’t be easy. 

They started out hot from 3! They took a 16-11 lead. They handled the press pretty decent & we wasn’t ourselves tonight. 2nd quarter we finally woke up & started playing ball. We went up like 20 by halftime, and was up by like  35. Final score 82-56 

21 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah McKenzie is a good team too without their other girls but they will be better when David gets back. South Side just really good. Great win for you guys. McKenzie will still be likely the favorite in Single A when Davis gets back. She can go.

21 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They are tough! I love how they play. I love the 2 sisters. They will definitely be back at state to represent West Tn in 1A! McKenzie is definitely be defending their championship. 

Edited by HawkGuy06

34 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

They started out hot from 3! They took a 16-11 lead. They handled the press pretty decent & we wasn’t ourselves tonight. 2nd quarter we finally woke up & started playing ball. We went up like 20 by halftime, and was up by like  35. Final score 82-56 

McKenzie doesn’t have a tall post. Will be interesting how that affects them going forward especially if they run into Wayne County down the road. Sounds like y’all woke up pretty good winning by 26. I got tied up and couldn’t make it. 

25 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie doesn’t have a tall post. Will be interesting how that affects them going forward especially if they run into Wayne County down the road. Sounds like y’all woke up pretty good winning by 26. I got tied up and couldn’t make it. 

Yea we left a lot of points out there tonight, but yea from the 2nd quarter on they was on it. A lot work to be done but we are definitely playing ok ball right now. I was definitely looking for you tonight.. see you around soon I am sure

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea we left a lot of points out there tonight, but yea from the 2nd quarter on they was on it. A lot work to be done but we are definitely playing ok ball right now. I was definitely looking for you tonight.. see you around soon I am sure

Yeah I was planning on going and a friends hot water heater went out and I got tied up and time got away. South Side just too much for McKenzie especially with girls hurt. They will get better though and be tough late. Y’all just have to stay focussed. I think your girls learned and probably are mad at what happened last year and are really focussed. I think y’all will go 1 game at a time and not look ahead 

On 12/30/2022 at 10:13 AM, OrangeGuru said:

officiated one of his games ? And i will say i'm just curious

Curious?  You’ve never seen him act a fool?  Then you have not officiated many of his games.  Over the years I’ve only seen 3 or 4 games and he was ridiculous every time.  Like I said, never had any team I support play against him.  Just like basketball and went to see his team play back when they were good.  Friend has dealt with him outside of basketball and they can’t stand him.  

10 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

They are tough! I love how they play. I love the 2 sisters. They will definitely be back at state to represent West Tn in 1A! McKenzie is definitely be defending their championship. 

Smooth! SS is just smooth.  They are unselfish and dish it as good a team I have ever seen. Athletic and long!  Very good team! I was highly impressed.  First time I had ever been in that gym.  I like it. Has some character and plenty of room.  Very hospitable to us as well. 

Just now, VOLnWTN said:

Smooth! SS is just smooth.  They are unselfish and dish it as good a team I have ever seen. Athletic and long!  Very good team! I was highly impressed.  First time I had ever been in that gym.  I like it. Has some character and plenty of room.  Very hospitable to us as well. 

Side note…..Davis goes back to doc today.  Stay tuned….

6 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Thanks! I do like our team, this is the most unselfish SS I have seen probably ever. We have a few players that can give 15-25 a night type of players. Thanks for them compliments, our coaches & administration are wonderful! Glad you & company felt welcomed! I wish y’all was 100 percent! But y’all still have a great team & 1A should be worried especially when y’all are healthy!