West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

49 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I seen they are scoring like 75 points a game. They are so good even without Savanna, they play defense! They press and more importantly they can shoot the cover off the ball 

Yeah they are good but man they are down three girls that are in their rotation. Our game was close but I got a feeling they will be close for a while but y’all pull away comfortably in second half. They lost their post and 6 man and Miss Basketball. South Side will close out quick on the drive and kicks for three’s. But yea they do play hard and it will be a tough game for sure. Won’t be easy. 

8 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I know personally we (South Side) have reached out to your administration about playing y’all like we do Gibson County each year! We always look forward to playing Westview, not many people will play us in the past 10-12 years under the Brent McNeal era. 

The last 5 times I've watched WV and SS play, it's been a fun game to watch. I think WV has beaten SS 4 of the last 5, but it's typically close and fast paced. Maybe WV's coach(s) will make that happen if that's the case. 

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah they are good but man they are down three girls that are in their rotation. Our game was close but I got a feeling they will be close for a while but y’all pull away comfortably in second half. They lost their post and 6 man and Miss Basketball. South Side will close out quick on the drive and kicks for three’s. But yea they do play hard and it will be a tough game for sure. Won’t be easy. 

I agree their strength is their pressure and it is hard for them to sustain it for 4 quarters right now. They did not have a deep bench to begin the season before all the injuries.

12 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

The last 5 times I've watched WV and SS play, it's been a fun game to watch. I think WV has beaten SS 4 of the last 5, but it's typically close and fast paced. Maybe WV's coach(s) will make that happen if that's the case. 

Yea that’s the thing we don’t care about taking a loss in November, December, or January! We always want to play the best around town. Also we never can get y’all at south side, we have always played y’all at home 3 of the 5. I believe we are 1-1 on a neutral site. It’s usually a pretty good game & yea hopefully our  administration can make it happen. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

I agree their strength is their pressure and it is hard for them to sustain it for 4 quarters right now. They did not have a deep bench to begin the season before all the injuries.

Huntingdon's pressure in the last match-up gave McKenzie a lot of trouble. Their depth situation really showed up in the 4th quarter. Fillies dominated the 4th. Lady Rebels had their hands on their hips.

1 hour ago, Nontypical said:

Aint nobody beating south side in 3A. 

We’ve heard that very same double negative before about SS on the boys basketball forums and they always end up defeated. SS girls are very good, but they are also beatable by multiple 3a teams in the state. Last time I checked they are all still 14-18 year olds, that plus one key injury could throw the entire chemistry of the team off. Now if you were to say they won’t be beat in district or region play I might tend to agree with that statement even if they do have to deal with injuries. 

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

We’ve heard that very same double negative before about SS on the boys basketball forums and they always end up defeated. SS girls are very good, but they are also beatable by multiple 3a teams in the state. Last time I checked they are all still 14-18 year olds, that plus one key injury could throw the entire chemistry of the team off. Now if you were to say they won’t be beat in district or region play I might tend to agree with that statement even if they do have to deal with injuries. 

True statement! Everybody is beatable, and injuries are apart of the game on both sides. We have definitely had our share of injuries in the last 5-8 years! Who do you follow? 

10 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

True statement! Everybody is beatable, and injuries are apart of the game on both sides. We have definitely had our share of injuries in the last 5-8 years! Who do you follow? 

I try to keep up with all the Upper Cumberland teams for the most part. I do believe Southside will be one of the toughest outs in 3a and should make the final 8. Good luck Hawkguy hope you guys stay healthy and make a deep run!