West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

She’s the real deal not a typical post - runs the floor like a guard and can shoot the 3 - got point guard that’s talented and others know their roles - excellent coach as I said when she got hired WC be up and coming program 

That’s good. I will hopefully see them soon 

6 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea it was much needed, we played terrible. But it was a good wake up call for us. We will rebound tomorrow & practice hard & watch film & learn from it. 

Y’all will be fine. The best of them has off nights. Good thing about it is you won the game. We played good tonight and lost.

Edited by pioneer42

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

just think South Gibson needs to attack the rim more and work the post player the ball some. You have to get some penetration in the paint from your guard up top to open up the three’s as well as getting the ball inside to at least draw a crowd to kick it back out. We played them twice and they didn’t do neither of these much. If you want to shoot three’s which they do and have good shooters you want to shoot more uncontested one’s than they do. Allen can create her own shot as well as Lily. They play a pretty good man to man defense. I think they can make a good run. I believe they make it to Murfreesboro. I think they will go to Creekwood and beat them in the substate. I don’t think they beat South Side in the Region Finals. They played them at least three times this summer and beat them a couple of times. 

Thanks for your kind words. You certainly are in the know. Things could really get interesting come playoff time for sure.I am still proud of our girls. Absolutely no one gave them a chance of even keeping this game close. A 12 point contest was laughed at.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Thanks for your kind words. You certainly are in the know. Things could really get interesting come playoff time for sure.I am still proud of our girls. Absolutely no one gave them a chance of even keeping this game close. A 12 point contest was laughed at.  

I agree. I didn’t give them a chance. South Side has beat some good teams bad this year including my own. You said this was your first game. Where you been all year???

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree. I didn’t give them a chance. South Side has beat some good teams bad this year including my own. You said this was your first game. Where you been all year???

Work, work, and working some more! It is hard deal trying to hire people to help now a days! The heavens parted and I was actually able to leave a little early tonight so I could come watch the girls play.....  Such is life now a days. 

16 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I can promise you that you got us on a very bad night! We still won but our 3 best players didn’t play well! #2 missed shots that she normally makes in her sleep, #4 was in foul trouble(usually double double every night) #1 usually hit 3-5 3 pointers a night on had 2 tonight. #14 only had like 2 points & usually have 8-15. So yea consider it a gift it was this close tonight. I hope you can make it to South Side so we really can show you how we play. 

South Gibson came to play tonight despite shooting it bad from the arc. South Side dido not look into the game from early on. #2 for South Gibson is the X-Factor. I hear a lot about the Baggett and #24, but no #2 and they are in trouble. She plays both ends of the floor and scored every time she needed to. They have a shot at an upset.

South Gibson shot awful and still only lost by 3. South Side missed a lot (ALOT) of layups and easy shots. If South Side makes layups and easy shots and South Gibson makes some threes it doesn't change the outcome. South Side wins the game in a close one. I tip my hat to the Hornets. They are a really good team and played the number 1 team in the state to a 3 point game and had a chance to win it. Great ball game. I am going to watch the rematch in a week. It was a lot of fun in a great atmosphere. The boys game you could tell South Side graduated everybody and South Gibson misses the 3 kids they graduated last year and their big kid. Talked to some South Gibson fans and they said he is getting healthy from a football injury and will miss the entire season. That makes it hard on South Gibson. 

Edited by WestTNHoopsFan

8 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

South Gibson came to play tonight despite shooting it bad from the arc. South Side dido not look into the game from early on. #2 for South Gibson is the X-Factor. I hear a lot about the Baggett and #24, but no #2 and they are in trouble. She plays both ends of the floor and scored every time she needed to. They have a shot at an upset.

She is nice! #2 defense is super nice! 

26 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

South Gibson shot awful and still only lost by 3. South Side missed a lot (ALOT) of layups and easy shots. If South Side makes layups and easy shots and South Gibson makes some threes it doesn't change the outcome. South Side wins the game in a close one. I tip my hat to the Hornets. They are a really good team and played the number 1 team in the state to a 3 point game and had a chance to win it. Great ball game. I am going to watch the rematch in a week. It was a lot of fun in a great atmosphere. The boys game you could tell South Side graduated everybody and South Gibson misses the 3 kids they graduated last year and their big kid. Talked to some South Gibson fans and they said he is getting healthy from a football injury and will miss the entire season. That makes it hard on South Gibson. 

It definitely was a good game. We definitely played our worst game of the year, we have played teams with 6’1 6’2 players & made all the shots we missed last night. And South Gibson doesn’t have any post defenders that normally are shot blockers. It was just one of them nights, the rematch at home will be much different! 

yea our boys are all freshman & sophomores, so they play hard just don’t have the experience. But boy they can go when everything is clicking! Nobody in the district or region is any good this year, so who knows how the season will end! Get hot at the right time & see how it plays out 

2 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

In all honesty it really didn’t matter who won the game last night as far as District Tournament seeding goes. Liberty and North Side is a running clock for each however each is seeded for District Tournament. The District Tournament Championship game will be a little more important on who probably has to play McNairy County in semis of the Region but that Region is a step down from either of these two teams. Both will make state IMO. Region Champion will be home and runner up on the road to Creekwood in substate who South Gibson is real familiar with.