Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

45 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Rankin could get the thing fixed for sure, he don't need to be wasting time at that little private school in Chattanooga. There is just a limit how far you can go with a private school especially since this NIL came about. Never mind his age he'll  put in half a day coaching on Judgement Day.

A friend's kids go to Boyd Buc. Good little school for Academics and Athletics. They have had some good coaches just can't keep them.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Nick Saban couldn't have won 2 games at HVA this year. HVA was 1-9 as they were the year before but they were in three games that were close and scored 123 to the other teams 292. The year before they scored 93 points and allowed 379 which improved with the new coach from Oak Ridge. HVA came to play Maryville and I doubt they had 40 players that night but they did stand toe to toe with our JV team and outplayed them in the second half of our game with them. Looks as if this thread will continue on until someone spills the beans on what happened at Captain D's instead of saying there was more to it. More to it don't mean nothing, Captain D's tells me something happened there, maybe he got bad service or some bad fish and didn't like it.

Coach Miner did a good job at HVA this year even though the record doesn't show it. He is getting a lot of things done there that were lacking and from what I understand his JV and Freshman teams have some potential. He does have some good assistants there and they were good when they were at OR, basically he has the defensive staff from OR in 2021. He is in a good position to build a good program at HVA over the next few years. 

16 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I agree with everything you have said but bringing Minor back.He was a good DC and Ive never met anybody around the Ridge that has a bad word to say about him.But we cannot go back down that road with that staff.At HV right now is almost the exact staff that was here minus Joe.We really need someone like Scott who is willing to invest in the youth and middle schools.Someone who is about year around weight lifting and knows how important it is.To me that was what had everyone happy with the hire and we need someone that knows how to do that.I think coaches like the Price twins are great coaches on the field but we have deeper needs than play calling.Scott had to takeover a complete mess and I dont think a lot of people would be happy to bring back that whole staff that left the mess minus Joe.I still wanna here some names of who was crying to admin.This secret stuff is not right and we need some answers.Joe needs to hit a home run because this isnt a great start with him as AD.

Miner has the defensive staff that was here at OR in 2021 at HVA now.  I think he will remain there and try to build that program up. I understand his freshman and JV teams were pretty good this season and he is working on things like facilities, fund raising and getting more kids out.  He took over a pretty down program over there, I think he is a great fit there. As far as he and OR go, I think he would be better off waiting until the next coaching change if he wanted to come back, which hopefully will be a couple of years down the road after a successful run for the next guy they hire.

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I perfer to call it the  "COOL BOARD. " This is where all the CooL KiDzzz hang out. Just kidding, duh.

First who are Brian Pankey and John Webb? I admit I know very little...but say a lot LOL  Deal with it LOL

I love what Spencer did for Oak Ridge Football. Would he make a good head coach for OR now?  It would be COOL if he would.

Pankey is the head coach at Kingston. Been there for quite sometime now. Was at Austin-East prior to that. 

John Webb is the head coach at Rockwood.  

Spencer would be around 36 years old, now.  He has the experience to step up to the big desk. 

Has Spencer even been coaching as of late? Last I knew he was coaching linebackers for OR when Blade was @ OR, but that has been eons ago now. He quit to focus on the family life from my understanding. Was a dang good coach I thought when he was here though. Had a lot of charisma, just like he did as a player.

Edited by SweetScience

8 hours ago, MurphyCollege said:

How in the blue heck did you come up with that?? Several times I have used facts to prove you wrong and expose you as an idiot. Several times the Maryville fans have used facts to prove you are a liar and expose you as an idiot. Why are you still posting? Do you enjoy being exposed as an idiot? I know Wilma would be embarrassed by you if she knew what mindless drivel you post on the internet for everyone to see. 

You were the one giving OR advice, not me

7 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Miner has the defensive staff that was here at OR in 2021 at HVA now.  I think he will remain there and try to build that program up. I understand his freshman and JV teams were pretty good this season and he is working on things like facilities, fund raising and getting more kids out.  He took over a pretty down program over there, I think he is a great fit there. As far as he and OR go, I think he would be better off waiting until the next coaching change if he wanted to come back, which hopefully will be a couple of years down the road after a successful run for the next guy they hire.

Yes they have a ton of Oak Ridges 21 staff.So no thanks as of now but I would be open to him coming back down the road.He still has a lot to learn as a HC before I would be comfortable with hiring him here.Not crazy about his staff and dont wanna go back to that.I hope he does great at HV.

9 hours ago, vawls54 said:

Hot Board:

Mark Pemberton, Spencer Gulmire, Brian Pankey, John Webb, Gary Rankin..

Man you really covered some ground wit this board.I bet its the 1st time Gulmire,Pankey and Webb have been on the same list with Rankin.Thats like listing UT-Martin,Carson Newman and Austin Peay coach with Sabin on a list

• Like 1

It’s crazy to me that everyone keeps going towards the “big names” and completely overlooking a juggernaut already on staff. Kevin Day was with Scott at West in 2014, coached college for some time and then came back to work with Scott. He could keep what offense has already been put in place and has the brain for the job. Worth considering in my opinion 

• CoachT locked this topic