Greenback 2023

orngnblk

Old Pirate says the situation is the result of mommy & daddys over involvement. Once upon a time the administrator simply made the hire, then the coach was introduced to team & supporters. Professor Phil Beene never would have allowed outside influences make the hire. Right or wrong way too much parent involvement in hiring while less and less parent neglect raising kids who have respect. Point here is, parent involvement should be more focused on child discipline & respect, less on who coaches little Jack or Jill. Only today is it necessary to have police officer standing guard at schools. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

22 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Like I said if they don't hire Greg back Rayl has alot of potential.Greg has proven himself and if they will pay him will be here for a very long time,remember Greg Coached without being paid a few years.Rayl like most others will be looking for a much better paying job with his age if he is successful and if he is not our hole just gets deeper!

Who is on the selection committee? 

9 minutes ago, Charger64 said:

Who is on the selection committee? 

On 3/4/2023 at 2:34 PM, glenfromgreenback said:

Here's the contact for some of the "search" committee members: County AD, Principal, School Board Rep and School AD

tinkerm@loudoncounty.org

brookshirem@loudoncounty.org

moffettp@loudoncounty.org

spaffordj@loudoncounty.org

And like SHREK said EVERYONE needs to be contacting these individuals.... just be nice but get the point across!

47 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says the situation is the result of mommy & daddys over involvement. Once upon a time the administrator simply made the hire, then the coach was introduced to team & supporters. Professor Phil Beene never would have allowed outside influences make the hire. Right or wrong way too much parent involvement in hiring while less and less parent neglect raising kids who have respect. Point here is, parent involvement should be more focused on child discipline & respect, less on who coaches little Jack or Jill. Only today is it necessary to have police officer standing guard at schools. 

I actually agree with you.Also social media is to blame.Beene didn't have this to deal with.I myself will show my support for the one who is most qualified because I can and i have alot of respect for that candidate.I don't have facebook or any other social media outlet other than this site and email.I won't run any of them in the ground because most are just looking for a step up from where they are and you cannot blame them for that and GB is a great place to coach if you can coach.if you remember not a word was said over the last hire till it was announced and then the questions came out and rightfully so.A weight room teacher that had been demoted at Sweetwater wasn't even a coach at the time.I do see your point,nobody ever questioned coaching techniques or anything on the field when I played it was What it was and parents didn't get involved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I actually agree with you.Also social media is to blame.Beene didn't have this to deal with.I myself will show my support for the one who is most qualified because I can and i have alot of respect for that candidate.I don't have facebook or any other social media outlet other than this site and email.I won't run any of them in the ground because most are just looking for a step up from where they are and you cannot blame them for that and GB is a great place to coach if you can coach.if you remember not a word was said over the last hire till it was announced and then the questions came out and rightfully so.A weight room teacher that had been demoted at Sweetwater wasn't even a coach at the time.I do see your point,nobody ever questioned coaching techniques or anything on the field when I played it was What it was and parents didn't get involved.

So let me get this straight...the last time GB hired a coach, that coach was just a teacher who had been demoted from Head Coach to Wellness/PE teacher only???  That is hard to believe, but school admins are getting dumber and dumber by the second with coaching hires....so it's not that unbelievable anymore.....smh.....When news broke about the hire 2-3 years ago, I just couldn't believe it.  When I saw the hire, I thought the Edmiston guy was out of coaching or was just being an assistant coach at Sweetwater but then boom....Head Coach of GB! lol  I knew something wasn't right about that.  How did that happen at a school like GB anyway?  Is any of this real anymore!!!! Does Booger eat with his shirt on or off at Joe's Crab Shack????? so many questions!

• Like 1

I haven't looked at this in a couple of days but it looks like someone has got the propaganda machine cranked up for Rayl. Don't know anything about the guy, other than what I read here. Could be a great hire but yet don't hire anyone other than Ryan if he wanted job. The fact that admin on the selection committee has a personal vendetta also the fact that a County Commissioner has threatened to withhold money from the city if Ryan was hired because he has an issue with the family should make anyone on the committee want to step away as fast as possible. 

Edited by GHSblackhelmet
Words

12 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I haven't looked at this in a couple of days but it looks like someone has got the propaganda machine cranked up for Rayl. Don't know anything about the guy, other than what I read here. Could be a great hire but yet don't hire anyone other than Ryan if he wanted job. The fact that admin on the selection committee has a personal vendetta also the fact that a County Commissioner has threatened to withhold money from the city if Ryan was hired because he has an issue with the family should make anyone on the committee want to step away as fast as possible. 

You realize how ignorant you sound? Sounds like you're a Ryan fan and not a Greenback fan. Get behind your new head coach (whoever that is)  or find a new team. 

Edited by FourThreeForty

IMO...the reason for the uproar. You've got the ones upset over the previous hire and don't want to see a repeat and others that know that GR applied, interviewed and wants it. Of course there's some that fit in both areas. Things would probably calm down if they'd come out and give a TRUTHFUL reason of what they have against GR.

If I was in his situation and had put 6 years into my alma mater and achieved what was done in that span a mere 2 year before. It would be nice to know in a way as well.

The previous hire was the first true outside of the program hire, in my lifetime. All the other ones were already on the previous staffs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cherokean said:

IMO...the reason for the uproar. You've got the ones upset over the previous hire and don't want to see a repeat and others that know that GR applied, interviewed and wants it. Of course there's some that fit in both areas. Things would probably calm down if they'd come out and give a TRUTHFUL reason of what they have against GR.

If I was in his situation and had put 6 years into my alma mater and achieved what was done in that span a mere 2 year before. It would be nice to know in a way as well.

The previous hire was the first true outside of the program hire, in my lifetime. All the other ones were already on the previous staffs.

Agree 

• Like 1