Predictions for who makes it to state D1 and D2 boys duals

Wrestlingfan22

1 hour ago, WrestlingDad23 said:

Cleveland has two wrestle offs each year and both being best two out of three. Cordero lost first two matches at the first wrestle off. Second wrestle off Cordero won the the first two matches. I was mentioning that Cordero didn't make any excuses when he lost at the first wrestle off. 
This is the first I have ever heard anything about not having proper time to recover after weigh in and I know both families. I was not there so I can't speculate on how long they had but from what I heard from multiple people there it was a fair wrestle off.

But he looked and wrestled fine at the Bradley Invitational? Took 4th…I mean a broken collarbone takes a while to heal…

7 minutes ago, WrestlingDad23 said:

I don't have to check as I have seen it weekly, you're more than welcome to come check for yourself if you need to see it for yourself

Bro I am ctfu!! I love when people are so sure they know everything when you’re looking at that scale with your eyes, yet they’re telling you what he weighs

21 minutes ago, Humorist said:

So there is/was anything promised to the Cordero’s? Nothing about 106? Hmmmm…interesting. Not that in return you could have free range of their barn to run your camps out of? You guys are straight up dirty. You, Knox, and countless others have done this family wrong. Two years in a row. You guys have tarnished another family’s name. The first being the Langfords. Anybody before your arrival have all been irrelevant. And also didn’t Cordero repeat the 8th grade by being home schooled? If so, shouldn’t he be ineligible? Or how about some of your wrestlers using either someone’s address and/or fake addresses so that they can wrestle and attend Cleveland. Or how about withholding Cole’s records so that the eligibility be prolonged? You guys are always the first to cry about kids being ineligible. But you are always the first to do such. Or how about the phone calls to the TSSAA by your parents. Complaining about Cole Dyer? Don’t have a clue about your program? But yet you guys have more holes in it than Swiss cheese. Might wanna look inward when talking about what goes on. Your parents do talk. When does it stop? You guys did the Dyer’s wrong. That kid looked up to you. He was in your system. But if you don’t have money and the clout you get looked over. He worked his tail off and bled blue. But you tried to break him. But you guys got what you wanted. Cordero is your guy. Let Cole be and let him finish out his season strong. 

Lee Varnell being lee varnell ha….. he is so sad that Cleveland never let him coach. Still trying to build his own program and yet again can’t do it. Knows nothing about wrestling and tries to stay relevant in this wrestling world but just can’t do it…

Sorry Varnell, you  not very good at coaching.

So many ignorant statements made in this post ha. Shows you have no clue what you’re talking about!!!!  

The wrestling world feels sorry for you….

1 minute ago, Rasslinking said:

Lee Varnell being lee varnell ha….. he is so sad that Cleveland never let him coach. Still trying to build his own program and yet again can’t do it. Knows nothing about wrestling and tries to stay relevant in this wrestling world but just can’t do it…

So many ignorant statements made in this post ha. Shows you have no clue what you’re talking about!!!!  

Sorry but this isn’t Lee Varnell. 

27 minutes ago, Humorist said:

So there is/was anything promised to the Cordero’s? Nothing about 106? Hmmmm…interesting. Not that in return you could have free range of their barn to run your camps out of? You guys are straight up dirty. You, Knox, and countless others have done this family wrong. Two years in a row. You guys have tarnished another family’s name. The first being the Langfords. Anybody before your arrival have all been irrelevant. And also didn’t Cordero repeat the 8th grade by being home schooled? If so, shouldn’t he be ineligible? Or how about some of your wrestlers using either someone’s address and/or fake addresses so that they can wrestle and attend Cleveland. Or how about withholding Cole’s records so that the eligibility be prolonged? You guys are always the first to cry about kids being ineligible. But you are always the first to do such. Or how about the phone calls to the TSSAA by your parents. Complaining about Cole Dyer? Don’t have a clue about your program? But yet you guys have more holes in it than Swiss cheese. Might wanna look inward when talking about what goes on. Your parents do talk. When does it stop? You guys did the Dyer’s wrong. That kid looked up to you. He was in your system. But if you don’t have money and the clout you get looked over. He worked his tail off and bled blue. But you tried to break him. But you guys got what you wanted. Cordero is your guy. Let Cole be and let him finish out his season strong. 

Both kids are great kids. However, wrestling is the one sport that has no room for politics. Just because you’ve been with a program forever doesn’t mean you get given the spot. You earn the spot through a wrestle off!!! Both kids knew there was a wrestleoff…. Just saying you win a spot. Cole won in the beginning of the year and unfortunately for him, Jose won at the end!!! I am not from Cleveland and don’t care for them winning, but to bash Bosken or Knox is crazy. Those dudes are dedicated to growing the sport and are doing a great job of creating a winning culture. This coming from someone that wants to beat them as bad as I want oxygen. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Humorist said:

But he looked and wrestled fine at the Bradley Invitational? Took 4th…I mean a broken collarbone takes a while to heal…

Yes Cordero took 4th, but I believe he was released beginning of November and the Bradley Invitational is middle of December. That is plenty of time for it to heal

4 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

But to quote you. Wasn’t he a coach there in the early 2000’s at Cleveland? Just curious? I mean I know Varnell. But yet I’m a good friend of his. 

26 minutes ago, WrestlingDad23 said:

I don't have to check as I have seen it weekly, you're more than welcome to come check for yourself if you need to see it for yourself

I have, I’m guessing maybe Varnell does know more than some of you in your own room do, because you have people who are talking and they are the ones that have told the stories. So it’s pretty easy to know with the program what’s going on when plenty of people will talk about it. I still have plenty of friends in the community to stay up on what I want to know. But hey at least Cordero is still in AA where he has a chance to win a state title, he wouldn’t have that chance in A or D2. Funny thing is Dyer prob should have went to Ooltewah, it’s out of zone so the rules state he doesn’t have to move 20 miles of out of zone, he could have went there and prob only have Jose to worry about.

1 minute ago, cobrakid8 said:

I have, I’m guessing maybe Varnell does know more than some of you in your own room do, because you have people who are talking and they are the ones that have told the stories. So it’s pretty easy to know with the program what’s going on when plenty of people will talk about it. I still have plenty of friends in the community to stay up on what I want to know. But hey at least Cordero is still in AA where he has a chance to win a state title, he wouldn’t have that chance in A or D2. Funny thing is Dyer prob should have went to Ooltewah, it’s out of zone so the rules state he doesn’t have to move 20 miles of out of zone, he could have went there and prob only have Jose to worry about.

So who is 106 that would beat Cordero in A? I hope you’re not talking about Uhorchuk because I hate to burst your bubble, he won’t be 106 at state. 

Just now, LocalHero said:

So who is 106 that would beat Cordero in A? I hope you’re not talking about Uhorchuk because I hate to burst your bubble, he won’t be 106 at state. 

That’s what I keep hearing is he is A at 106, I’ve only seen him wrestle it one time and I was told by someone earlier in this post he will kill dyer at 106 so Dyer isn’t going to win a state title at Soddy. I mean every match he’s wrestled has been 113 except at the Powerade so I wondered about it myself. 

Just now, cobrakid8 said:

That’s what I keep hearing is he is A at 106, I’ve only seen him wrestle it one time and I was told by someone earlier in this post he will kill dyer at 106 so Dyer isn’t going to win a state title at Soddy. I mean every match he’s wrestled has been 113 except at the Powerade so I wondered about it myself. 

As someone that knows all of those kids well, Joseph wrestled 106 at big tournaments. By big I mean big national events outside of TN. Nobody is pushing Uhorchuk at 113 so why would he cut for a TN state title when he’ll win one at the higher weight.