Predictions for who makes it to state D1 and D2 boys duals

Wrestlingfan22

Cobrakid,

Well at least you "have went over their lineups" LOL. We can debate who is the better coach all we want, but I will say that you raise a solid point. Some of that can be negated with who has to send first. Ultimately, the point I was trying to make is that despite having lesser talent, Foreman will have constructed a lineup that gives the Tigers a chance to win.

I am sure we can agree that it's matches like tomorrow that make this the most fun division in the state. I mean it's truly wide open this year and going to be a lot of fun to watch tomorrow and next Saturday. Look at these matchups! 

Section 1

#5 Gibbs v. #6 Greeneville

David Crockett v. #2 Knox Halls

Section 2

Seymour v. #1 Signal Mountain

#3 Soddy Daisy v. #4 Pigeon Forge

Section 3

#9 Tullahoma and #8 Page

Section 4

#7 Fairview and Sycamore

I believe Sections 3 and 4 are decided, correct? 

fooseball95, I agree. No way TSSAA allows this. If it were allowed, we would have heard of more kids doing this before. 

Edited by cowcatcher

Just now, cowcatcher said:

Well at least you "have went over their lineups" LOL. We can debate who is the better coach all we want, but I will say that you raise a solid point. Some of that can be negated with who has to send first. Ultimately, the point I was trying to make is that despite having lesser talent, Foreman will have constructed a lineup that gives the Tigers a chance to win.

I am sure we can agree that it's matches like tomorrow that make this the most fun division in the state. I mean it's truly wide open this year and going to be a lot of fun to watch tomorrow and next Saturday. Look at these matchups! 

Section 1

#5 Gibbs v. #6 Greeneville

David Crockett v. #2 Knox Halls

Section 2

Seymour v. #1 Signal Mountain

#3 Soddy Daisy v. #4 Pigeon Forge

Section 3

#9 Tullahoma and #8 Page

Section 4

#7 Fairview and Sycamore

I believe Sections 3 and 4 are decided, correct? 

fooseball95, I agree. No way TSSAA allows this. If it were allowed, we would have heard of more kids doing this before. 

I love wrestling, it’s why I got my degree in teaching and a minor in athletic coaching. But when I started coaching my sons instead with soccer I went away, plus sadly Soddy wasn’t all that good and since I had better ways to spend my time I did so. I had heard this year was going to be an ok season for them with the future looking very bright with some of the middle school and younger kids that will be coming up. But that atmosphere the other night was electric, reminded me of the old days with Soddy vs Bradley and such. I’m happy they are working their way back to relevance with a bright future. And yes I did finally do a deep dive(which I said before I wouldn’t lol) and some movement of weights will prob make the difference in who wins and loses and again that comes down to which weights who sends who first and second. 

you are right, this time of the year is so much fun and there are a lot of good matchups coming just to see who even makes the state duals. 

as far as if he is allowed or not, I have no clue, but I’ve heard a few different accounts of how everything went down and if true I don’t blame him for leaving after spending 4 years at Cleveland waiting his turn to represent himself and the school at state. Of course I wasn’t there as none of us were, but 2 accounts from different people and if it had happened to my kid we would have had some words but hey that’s just me. maybe full story will come out one day

15 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

You would have to ask Cole what happened and why he wanted the move. Maybe if you knew what happened you would understand, but rules are rules and kids move all the time from school to school, I mean I think it was crazy Cody wrestled for 2 years at McCallie, wrestled a year at Cleveland after all that and than just quit wrestling high school altogether, but in the end it’s what’s best for the kid and if I’m not mistaken Cole is a senior so I don’t blame him for a second. 

Because he lives in Cleveland,  came up through the cleveland program and didn’t jump ship a week before state because he lost a wrestle off maybe. I don’t blame him at all for wanting to wrestle but to say he actually moved is comical 

9 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Because he lives in Cleveland,  came up through the cleveland program and didn’t jump ship a week before state because he lost a wrestle off maybe. I don’t blame him at all for wanting to wrestle but to say he actually moved is comical 

Lol, so did Cody and we saw him go all over the place, started with Higher Calling, went to McCallie before ending back up at Cleveland. He never did move and after all that start Boom Ranch. Also you have no clue if he moved or not and again you have no idea on why or the circumstances to him and that Challenge match, I mean he did win pretty much the entire year in challenge matches. He waited his turn and it bit him in the butt, if it had been me to begin with I would have been at Bradley and enjoyed my senior season on varsity and hopefully a state title. 

Edited by cobrakid8

1 minute ago, cobrakid8 said:

Lol, so did Cody and we saw him go all over the place, started with Higher Calling, went to McCallie before ending back up at Cleveland. He never did move and after all that start Boom Ranch. Also you have no clue if he moved or not and again you have no idea on why or the circumstances to him and that Challenge match, I mean he did win pretty much the entire year in challenge matches. He waited his turn and it but him in the butt, if it had been me to begin with I would have been at Bradley and enjoyed my senior season on varsity and hopefully a state title. 

But guess what? We beat Bradley for the 4th this year and without Cole.sucks for him because jojo is gonna wear him out. 

2 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

But guess what? We beat Bradley for the 4th this year and without Cole.sucks for him because jojo is gonna wear him out. 

Good for you, here’s a cookie I know you have done a ton to help them reach that level lol!  Also Jojo would whip Cordero so he better be thankful the Jojo and his brothers stayed at Signal. Thankfully in a few years we won’t have anymore of those brothers at Signal lol.

Also, it's not very often that the winner at 106 in AA might be the 4th or 5th best wrestler in the state.  I mean Jojo beats Cordero as does Tran and Ritchie and maybe even Dyer since they were and are so evenly matched. I have no idea about the Baylor kid although he's ranked ahead of Ritchie who already beat Cordero. 

Edited by cobrakid8

6 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Good for you, here’s a cookie I know you have done a ton to help them reach that level lol!  Also Jojo would whip Cordero so he better be thankful the Jojo and his brothers stayed at Signal. Thankfully in a few years we won’t have anymore of those brothers at Signal lol.

those brothers came up through the Cleve pipeline 2 hcwc guys :thumb:

29 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

those brothers came up through the Cleve pipeline 2 hcwc guys :thumb:

all of those brothers came through that program, back when they also had kids like Cade Holloway and Cody and many other state champs that ended elsewhere. of course i think Soddys kids club has done well against HCWC this past year or so, not as dominant as they were for the past 5-10 years.

1 hour ago, fooseball95 said:

Why would that suck for Cole?  If he stayed at Cleveland, then he doesn’t even get to compete for a State title even though he is probably #1b at the weight. If he is deemed eligible he may not win it all but he will get to compete. Kid gave 3.5 years to the Cleveland high school program and made a big cut to start and help the team all year.  He loses a controversial wrestle-off to a freshman and he should just be happy and not look for another opportunity?  That’s silly.  As long as he isn’t taking the spot from another kid at Soddy who could qualify for state then I have no issue with it. And not having Cole tonight could have cost Cleveland because Cordero only got a decision (of course that’s all he needed though I don’t think he can pin Ricon like Cole did).

• Like 1