Blackman

MidTennFootball

8 hours ago, DawgsPBS said:

Blackman needs to be thinking 5-10-15 years in the future with this pick. This is their 5th HC in 12 years. Do you want to win the press conference or have a solid stable foundation for years to come? Kriesky would bring that stability.

I would argue that Kriesky Woods or Crouch will have a better record 2023 at Blackman than Tygard would have. Day 1- The defense is better. Day 1- no more onside kicks every time or never punting. Day 1- You will have a run game.

Tygard would be 5-5 without Brown, Marshall, Page, Risner. It would be worse than year 1. 

You could say that about a lot of teams in the boro they had a bunch of key pieces missing 

This thread is wild! Yall are asking for a coach to come in and trend the same direction as Tygard? NEWS FLASH HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING IN HIS TENURE! Its the same results, 5-5 season 10-3 season , post about BLAZE FAST OFFENSE , WHO IS TIMING IT ?? and its not hard coaching the talent he had fellas. Do you care about the dog and pony show or changing the culture! Their kids post and care about highlights because their leader was always on social media talking bout some kind of crap. It starts from the top.The program hasnt been the same since Shad left . That team had some fight and attitude and thats what they need to get back to. Pick the right coach not the politician. None of those names mentioned wow me at all but RUCO is going to have to step it up .  Woods is the most successful of the final 3 but you cant tell me there wasnt better option for this job.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hurricane717 said:

This thread is wild! Yall are asking for a coach to come in and trend the same direction as Tygard? NEWS FLASH HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING IN HIS TENURE! Its the same results, 5-5 season 10-3 season , post about BLAZE FAST OFFENSE , WHO IS TIMING IT ?? and its not hard coaching the talent he had fellas. Do you care about the dog and pony show or changing the culture! Their kids post and care about highlights because their leader was always on social media talking bout some kind of crap. It starts from the top.The program hasnt been the same since Shad left . That team had some fight and attitude and thats what they need to get back to. Pick the right coach not the politician. None of those names mentioned wow me at all but RUCO is going to have to step it up .  Woods is the most successful of the final 3 but you cant tell me there wasnt better option for this job.

Crouch = glad hander/politician

MOJO

You have no clue about what the culture is was and used to be. I have set through 16 seasons including 6 years of practices under Shadowens, Watson, and Hartsfield with my own players. Watching kids walk off sidelines, quit on Friday nights  slam locker room doors... Just to see them playing the next week. I saw the shift and I saw kids who wanted to play wanted to work out put in the effort and didn't talk back act out, disrespect his coaches, team, or school/. You wanna talk smack about Blazing fast offense, but for what you wanna bash, but the team broke 15 season records. 

22 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

You have no clue about what the culture is was and used to be. I have set through 16 seasons including 6 years of practices under Shadowens, Watson, and Hartsfield with my own players. Watching kids walk off sidelines, quit on Friday nights  slam locker room doors... Just to see them playing the next week. I saw the shift and I saw kids who wanted to play wanted to work out put in the effort and didn't talk back act out, disrespect his coaches, team, or school/. You wanna talk smack about Blazing fast offense, but for what you wanna bash, but the team broke 15 season records. 

But how many rings have they won?

MOJO

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, DillonPanthers1 said:

But how many rings have they won?

MOJO

The same number they won the last 16 year's. If the only thing you measure success by is rings, you already missed the boat. Rings are great, but thiis program was a far cry better with Tygard than it was prior as far as discipline and attitude. 

25 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

The same number they won the last 16 year's. If the only thing you measure success by is rings, you already missed the boat. Rings are great, but thiis program was a far cry better with Tygard than it was prior as far as discipline and attitude. 

I know from previous post that you're friends with Tygard, so I understand your passion and defending his tenure here. And....you might be right. Having said that, from the parents I have spoken to, most would disagree with you that the culture is better now than under previous regimes.   

19 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

I know from previous post that you're friends with Tygard, so I understand your passion and defending his tenure here. And....you might be right. Having said that, from the parents I have spoken to, most would disagree with you that the culture is better now than under previous regimes.   

Right. That team was more divided than a TV dinner tray, Stevie Wonder could see that. Pure circus for 2 years. Was only masked a little because of the success. I know it sucks to be starting over, but Blackman fans should be dancing and rejoicing!!

1 hour ago, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

Right. That team was more divided than a TV dinner tray, Stevie Wonder could see that. Pure circus for 2 years. Was only masked a little because of the success. I know it sucks to be starting over, but Blackman fans should be dancing and rejoicing!!

My son plays for Blackman and I disagree they definitely were better these last two years. Blackman issues over the last few years have been the bad runts that don’t want to push themselves. 

1 hour ago, Vol9093 said:

Those parents must be a joke then 

1 hour ago, Vol9093 said:

Yes I am friends with Tygard, but I am also friends with Kit Hartsfield. David Watson and was a very loyal Shadowens supporter and publicly fought to keep him, and have a better understanding of what actually happened with him. That said. I The parents complaining today, have no clue where the culture was prior to Tygard. I don't blame Kit or David either one. but discipline was waning in favor of keeping the best players on the field, Winning trumps everything. even though that is not their personal viewpoint but rather the expectation. 

Tygard was fortunate that his best players were also good leaders. I can tell you I heard a hand full of complaints, but the vast majority all tied back to "we aren't building depth" code for my son is not getting enough playing time. True enough Tygard played his best players and sometimes that was both ways. You want playing time ? Get better.... nobody owes you. That is part of the too soft culture that was existent when he took the helm. You don't get junkyard dog by spoon feeding your puppies.....