Oak Ridge football 2023

SweetScience

Wildcats looked pretty good tonight, I was fairly impressed. Super impressed with the lack of penalties, they just look like a more disciplined team. I know it was just a scrimmage, but after watching last year’s team, that was extremely undisciplined, it was refreshing to see. Really good to see all my old Mairvul pals - RW, RedRebels, RebRon, STARS, and Barney. Great to see y’all, and thanks for the hospitality.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Wildcats looked pretty good tonight, I was fairly impressed. Super impressed with the lack of penalties, they just look like a more disciplined team. I know it was just a scrimmage, but after watching last year’s team, that was extremely undisciplined, it was refreshing to see. Really good to see all my old Mairvul pals - RW, RedRebels, RebRon, STARS, and Barney. Great to see y’all, and thanks for the hospitality.

Just like old times. I wish the T would get back to what it once was. 

Edited by Red Rebels

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I agree Sweet. The Wildcats should win a lot of games this year.

Scrimmage report:

I thought OR looked good tonight. Blocked fairly well, ran well, passed OK, penalties at a minimum, team D was fairly good. Maryville looks good on the OL, typical crisp blocking, etc. Good team D as always,  athleticism lacking, QB looked only OK. Maybe they had some not playing, don't know about that.

OR's QB threw some good passes and some bad passes, WRs caught what they touched. He's gonna need to grow up fast.

I didn't have a roster, but, it looks like OR is playing some sophomores on both lines.  

20 minutes ago, ipb7 said:

Scrimmage report:

I thought OR looked good tonight. Blocked fairly well, ran well, passed OK, penalties at a minimum, team D was fairly good. Maryville looks good on the OL, typical crisp blocking, etc. Good team D as always,  athleticism lacking, QB looked only OK. Maybe they had some not playing, don't know about that.

OR's QB threw some good passes and some bad passes, WRs caught what they touched. He's gonna need to grow up fast.

I didn't have a roster, but, it looks like OR is playing some sophomores on both lines.  

Yeah, not as athletic in years past, but a few of their posters have been talking about that on here. But I can pretty much guarantee they’ll be playing after Thanksgiving again, as usual. #7 is a darn hoss. They were missing their backup RB, too, so that definitely would’ve helped them. Typical hard nosed, well coached team that don’t get themselves beat and do all the little things very well.

Edited by SweetScience

10 hours ago, ipb7 said:

Scrimmage report:

Last year Maryville had a qb that was just afraid to run and no options after. The biggest issue we had last night was a lot of bad snaps which really threw a monkey wrench into everything with not only having two new qb's butthe pressure it added. I was so glad to see how well they did running the ball. Enjoyed playing Oak Ridge as always and hope they have a great year.

• Like 1

Well me and Momma Bounder came over to 825 last night but she wanted to sit on the Oak Ridge side. Sooo we did, TOO HOT!  therefore I missed all the CoachT folks that were probably sitting over in the shade. But still enjoyed the festivities and got to see the Great Grand Boy get to go deep for some kick-offs but the Rebs didn't kick it to him. lol Left at half tine (too hot) for the old man and went over to the World's Famous "Hot Rods" for a classic burger and fries with a chock-o- let malt!  Oh Yes they was goods always.

Oh and did I say it was TOO HOT!

As Always WILDCAT PRIDE

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I have a feeling Endsworth isn't the team they once were and never understood why go that distance when there are better teams in the area we don't play to have scrimmaged.

They're still a pretty good team and when that scrimmage started they were probably the best public and private programs in the state. Also, Mairvul is pretty predictable when it comes to schedulin'

16 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, not as athletic in years past, but a few of their posters have been talking about that on here. But I can pretty much guarantee they’ll be playing after Thanksgiving again, as usual. #7 is a darn hoss. They were missing their backup RB, too, so that definitely would’ve helped them. Typical hard nosed, well coached team that don’t get themselves beat and do all the little things very well.

Oh yea, I'd be surprised if they lose more than 1 regular season game.  They always make very few errors and always take advantage of your errors.