Title games on the move?

Bump11

I would likely go back to playing it at Vanderbilt or MTSU. In the end, the Titans can careless about High School Football. They may support girls flag football for the Williamson County Schools, but that's only for a PR stint of promoting a sport for the ladies to play in the spring.

Go back to having it at MTSU or Vanderbilt. I know people will stay MTSU will never host it, but they're the perfect spot for locations, hotel accommodations. I understand they don't sellout hotels and all, but the teams are there for one game and not 3-4 games like you see in March/Spring Fling. Of course they're not going to stay at hotels, and the city of Murfreesboro needs to realize that. They'll get some hotel rooms filled up with teams staying the night before and potentially after the game (especially the 6/7 PM game). MTSU is also perfect for having 840 beside it. I don't know if Vanderbilt has the parking for it, but if they can handle the parking for their game days in the fall, then they can handle the parking for this. 

The only issue with having at Murfreesboro is that MTSU football team can host the conference championship game, which is on the same weekend as the state championships for TSSAA. That goes for the same with Memphis and the Liberty Bowl (which is about to begin a huge renovation to the stadium). So playing it at MTSU and Memphis comes with that risk because NCAA>TSSAA. There's no logic reason for it to be at Nissan Stadium other than for the kids.

Edited by TryNotToSuck

Let’s discuss the games moving to Nissan Stadium (Titans) or Vanderbilt University.  Both of these stadiums are in Davidson County which is at capacity most weekends due to tourists. When the TSSAA is fortunate to have 5000 “PAID” attendance for the D16A game what is the financial benefit to Davidson County which once again is full of tourist on the weekends?  There could potentially be a recruiting advantage for Vanderbilt to host the games but the Vanderbilt Board of Trust has never spent anything but the minimum on athletics so I don’t see them ever paying the TSSAA anything to host the championship games.  What would be the financial benefit for the Titans to pay out large sums of money to the TSSAA?  One thing that everyone must remember is the rich people (Davidson County, Vanderbilt University or Tennessee Titans) don’t accumulate their wealth by giving money away with out getting something in return.  What should happen is the TSSAA combine everyone back together (D1 and D2) and play in 4 or 5 classifications in Nashville. For this to happen the TSSAA would have to work hard at selling tickets instead of relying on the guaranteed payout from Davidson County.  This is not going to happen because the TSSAA would have take on some risk (they could actually make more money) and they would be required to work hard and that isn’t going to happen on any level.

42 minutes ago, cbg said:

Let’s discuss the games moving to Nissan Stadium (Titans) or Vanderbilt University.  Both of these stadiums are in Davidson County which is at capacity most weekends due to tourists. When the TSSAA is fortunate to have 5000 “PAID” attendance for the D16A game what is the financial benefit to Davidson County which once again is full of tourist on the weekends?  There could potentially be a recruiting advantage for Vanderbilt to host the games but the Vanderbilt Board of Trust has never spent anything but the minimum on athletics so I don’t see them ever paying the TSSAA anything to host the championship games.  What would be the financial benefit for the Titans to pay out large sums of money to the TSSAA?  One thing that everyone must remember is the rich people (Davidson County, Vanderbilt University or Tennessee Titans) don’t accumulate their wealth by giving money away with out getting something in return.  What should happen is the TSSAA combine everyone back together (D1 and D2) and play in 4 or 5 classifications in Nashville. For this to happen the TSSAA would have to work hard at selling tickets instead of relying on the guaranteed payout from Davidson County.  This is not going to happen because the TSSAA would have take on some risk (they could actually make more money) and they would be required to work hard and that isn’t going to happen on any level.

D1 and D2 will never be reunited again.

D2 schools have embraced the "financial aid" scholarship and will never go back to a limit on that just like D1 schools will never agree to play them again either.

Is what it is. Let it go.

9 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

D1 and D2 will never be reunited again.

D2 schools have embraced the "financial aid" scholarship and will never go back to a limit on that just like D1 schools will never agree to play them again either.

Is what it is. Let it go.

Agree, it’s the same ole same ole from him.  It ain’t gonna happen, move on. 

56 minutes ago, cbg said:

The Championships played at Vandy were by far the best.  MTSU was 2nd.  And the NFL has money to burn on promoting high school ball. That is why they will practice at local high schools and pay them big money to do it.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

The Championships played at Vandy were by far the best.  MTSU was 2nd.  And the NFL has money to burn on promoting high school ball. That is why they will practice at local high schools and pay them big money to do it.  

I totally agree that the games played at Vanderbilt were great!  Unless the TSSAA completely changes their philosophy on how they receive funds from the state championship series I don’t see any venue in Davidson County ever playing host.  It’s my understanding the TSSAA receives a guarantee of $250,000 from Chattanooga and I see absolutely zero reason why the Titans would pay that amount to the TSSAA unless they need a huge tax break.

3 hours ago, cbg said:

I totally agree that the games played at Vanderbilt were great!  Unless the TSSAA completely changes their philosophy on how they receive funds from the state championship series I don’t see any venue in Davidson County ever playing host.  It’s my understanding the TSSAA receives a guarantee of $250,000 from Chattanooga and I see absolutely zero reason why the Titans would pay that amount to the TSSAA unless they need a huge tax break.

$250000 is chicken feed for an NFL francise

5 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

$250000 is chicken feed for an NFL francise

It may be chicken feed for an NFL Franchise but the owners are not going to give away $250,000 without something in return.  Believe me when I tell you that if a business gives away that much money they fully expect something in return of equal or greater value.  

9 hours ago, cbg said:

I'd love to see you try and justify how any entity could profit financially by paying TSSAA $250,000.00 to host the championships. If you're going to base your judgement on an NFL franchise hosting (or not) entirely on finances, please break down how Chattanooga could profit from it.

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

I'd love to see you try and justify how any entity could profit financially by paying TSSAA $250,000.00 to host the championships. If you're going to base your judgement on an NFL franchise hosting (or not) entirely on finances, please break down how Chattanooga could profit from it.

About the financial aspect I know nothing, but I live in Georgia, not far from Chattanooga, and hosting the games is a big deal to them. If there was still such a thing as newspapers, the story would be on page 23 Section D in Nashville.

Just now, chs1984 said:

About the financial aspect I know nothing, but I live in Georgia, not far from Chattanooga, and hosting the games is a big deal to them. If there was still such a thing as newspapers, the story would be on page 23 Section D in Nashville.

Just making a point. I LOVE the fact that it's a "big deal" for anyone to host, because I never felt that from Cookeville at all. Just illuminating the point that it's not a financial windfall for the host facility (or city) at all, and that if anyone has 250K laying around to put in the advertising/charity column, it's probably a professional sports franchise.

• Like 1