Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

3 hours ago, noonesfool said:

You all earned it Mav against some very rough customers. Region 1 & 2 have become the door to a 4A state title. The way I think it would be a lot harder to win a state title without each other and Betsy.

And noon you a Greeneville fan. Everyone saying, as always say, there loaded. I think some teams start slow get better than become a beast. Some are ready but then just glide. Then some are the real deal all the way. West was that last year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Statistically speaking last years JC game loses with QB Hall. JC had a reasonably good team. There problem was against good teams they were not consistent with scoring. They manged under the 21 offense that AC has almost always been good at; against any team. This bounds well for AC and QB hall. AC is going to score point and the new defense alignment should be able to prevent scoring IMO. Hall could potentially be a good fit with Miller ready to go if needed. If these Mavs get on the same page this year could be as exciting as last year, IMO of course. 

7v7 Season is over, and the Mavs came out healthy.  They hosted Farragut last week, and as I watched the Mavs, they seemed to hit on all cylinders.  Zae Hall threw the ball down the field and looked like the Mavs had multiple targets with passes to Pyatt, Small, James, Strickland, Milller, Cole, Johnson, Moog and LaRue out of the backfield.  Defensively, the Mavs consistently did a great job breaking up passes and making plays all over the field, led by Cody Miller and Davis.  The LBs played very well.   Wolfenbarger was held, but should be back for practice next week.  The Mavs  traveled to Cleveland where the Raiders brought out the fast paced no huddle offense, and while both teams got after each other, the staff had very good things to say about how well the Mavs performed.  I think the whole team traveled so the OL/DL guys got some work as well.  Cleveland will be a 6 A contender this season according to those in the Chattanooga area, and it was great to hear the Mavs were able to travel and get some good work with a quality opponent.  I watched the Kickers at practice last week, they were booming the ball , and I look for Radcliff to kick it out of the end zones again this season for no returns.  This team has the pieces to make another run.  Moog looks as good as he looked last season when he ran roughshod through 4 A gaining almost 1400 yards while the Mavs threw for over 3000.  QB1 Hall looks very comfortable throwing the ball vertical down the field and he has plenty of targets.  The Mavs open with another talented Powell team, and it should be another classic.  The last three Powell AC games have been absolute show stoppers, and I know this one should be the same.  Mavs host Boo Carter and Bradley Central Friday, and I expect a huge crowd to see it.  As always, gotta stay healthy during scrimmage season, so prayers up for that.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, olhickory said:

7v7 Season is over, and the Mavs came out healthy.  They hosted Farragut last week, and as I watched the Mavs, they seemed to hit on all cylinders.  Zae Hall threw the ball down the field and looked like the Mavs had multiple targets with passes to Pyatt, Small, James, Strickland, Milller, Cole, Johnson, Moog and LaRue out of the backfield.  Defensively, the Mavs consistently did a great job breaking up passes and making plays all over the field, led by Cody Miller and Davis.  The LBs played very well.   Wolfenbarger was held, but should be back for practice next week.  The Mavs  traveled to Cleveland where the Raiders brought out the fast paced no huddle offense, and while both teams got after each other, the staff had very good things to say about how well the Mavs performed.  I think the whole team traveled so the OL/DL guys got some work as well.  Cleveland will be a 6 A contender this season according to those in the Chattanooga area, and it was great to hear the Mavs were able to travel and get some good work with a quality opponent.  I watched the Kickers at practice last week, they were booming the ball , and I look for Radcliff to kick it out of the end zones again this season for no returns.  This team has the pieces to make another run.  Moog looks as good as he looked last season when he ran roughshod through 4 A gaining almost 1400 yards while the Mavs threw for over 3000.  QB1 Hall looks very comfortable throwing the ball vertical down the field and he has plenty of targets.  The Mavs open with another talented Powell team, and it should be another classic.  The last three Powell AC games have been absolute show stoppers, and I know this one should be the same.  Mavs host Boo Carter and Bradley Central Friday, and I expect a huge crowd to see it.  As always, gotta stay healthy during scrimmage season, so prayers up for that.  

Good News from Olhickory. Sounds like the Mavs are getting on the same page. Lookout 4A. This is what I am talking about! Ol Hickory keeps me going strong way up here in the Great Northwest! Thanks Ol Hickory! Praying endlessly for a fun healthy and happy 2023. Back To Back is not asking too much! 

On 5/18/2023 at 7:50 AM, Swipes said:

Hold your horses there Mavsinflight.  Betsy is going to have to solve the matchup problems they had with Greeneville last year and being held to 64 yards of total offense with what Greeneville returns a lot on D. They will be slinging the ball around more this year to complement a tough running game (3 backs over 200lbs and 1 at 195lbs)

That Betsy team that lost to Greeneville last season wasn’t the same team that played AC to O/T later on. It took a while to move players around and find good fits to replace what they lost from the winningest graduating class in school history. 52-4, 2 Gold Balls and 1 Silver. Replacing Rollins at QB. And so on. If Betsy gets by AC last season, I believe they would have beat the Devils. Probably a closer game than what you had, but nobody was looking forward to playing them in the playoffs last season after counting them out early on. And with the matchup coming in week 10 this season, both teams should have everything ironed out. O-Line for all three will be key. But, I am an old lineman myself. Lol. What do I know? ;)

(as a lineman, I’d love to block for a back like Mooge. They don’t make them like that anymore)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/28/2023 at 2:33 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

And noon you a Greeneville fan. Everyone saying, as always say, there loaded. I think some teams start slow get better than become a beast. Some are ready but then just glide. Then some are the real deal all the way. West was that last year. 

Great assessment! Betsy was a slow starter and had to figure it out. Took their lumps early. But turned it around. And they were arguably the scariest 4 loss playoff team in the state. Greeneville has felt the sting in round three 4 years in a row. And AC just had the stars aligned last year. That ebb and flow of high school football is what makes it so much fun to watch. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2