2023 1A Mr. Football early predictions.

RedRebelman

8 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

If you have the best player in 1A and are currently 5-3 someone should be fired. If he’s that good you don’t get shutout by Collinwood. 

Eddie Moore didn’t win it for South Pittsburg back in the 90’s. Raquis Hale didn’t win it in 2010 and he was the best player in 1A. Robert Robinson didn’t win it in 2007 and he too was the best 1A player. 

I would make that argument for Carl Lehr in 1986.  He had 2200 yards rushing and got beat on like a rented mule at times.

11 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

A lot of hype.

Hype is something that you have in the preseason. He is living up to the hype. 

I understand Dawson White will probably win it because his team is undefeated but Ben is the best player in single A & does the most for his team. His defense of stats are just as good as well.

9 hours ago, dawgswin said:

If Ben Franklin don’t win Mr. football they need to quit doing the award. There isn’t 1 other kid in Single A you would pick to start your team with. 

I’ve been going to games a long time, the closet thing to him I remember is Marco Dailey. 

When Marco won it both years he had almost 3000 yards rushing and Mt Pleasant only lost one or two games in the regular season. So I don’t think you can compare Daily and Franklin. 

Marco was never shut down by any team. Correct me if I’m wrong but has Ben payed the second half of every game? I only recall a handful of times Marco played the whole second half the two years he won it. 

Example: his senior year at Wayne County he had 275 yards rushing, 100 (give or take) passing, scored 4 td’s all in the first half. He started the second half but never rushed or threw the ball the whole second half. Think about how many yards he would of had in the second half. Those years he won he played against Zion, Cornersville, Perry County and he never played in the second half of those games. 

8 minutes ago, wholder said:

When Marco won it both years he had almost 3000 yards rushing and Mt Pleasant only lost one or two games in the regular season. So I don’t think you can compare Daily and Franklin. 

Marco was never shut down by any team. Correct me if I’m wrong but has Ben payed the second half of every game? I only recall a handful of times Marco played the whole second half the two years he won it. 

Example: his senior year at Wayne County he had 275 yards rushing, 100 (give or take) passing, scored 4 td’s all in the first half. He started the second half but never rushed or threw the ball the whole second half. Think about how many yards he would of had in the second half. Those years he won he played against Zion, Cornersville, Perry County and he never played in the second half of those games. 

I mean I agree Marco is probably on another level but I said close, and Ben hasn’t played a few 4th qtrs this year. But really I’m just talking about how fast and strong Ben is. Marco was so strong and fast as well. 

Do you remember how many touches did Marco have to get that many yards? 

16 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

I mean I agree Marco is probably on another level but I said close, and Ben hasn’t played a few 4th qtrs this year. But really I’m just talking about how fast and strong Ben is. Marco was so strong and fast as well. 

Do you remember how many touches did Marco have to get that many yards? 

I was the stat guy back in those days, my nephew was one of the hogs for #12. Don’t hold me to this number but I think each year it was just over 200 carries each season. 

I will say this: the whole four years he played against Zion, they never tackled him. No one can say that. 

Edited by wholder

13 minutes ago, wholder said:

I was the stat guy back in those days, my nephew was one of the hogs for #12. Don’t hold me to this number but I think each year it was just over 200 carries each season. 

I will say this: the whole four years he played against Zion, they never tackled him. No one can say that. 

Lol that is crazy. 

Don’t hold me to it but I read Marco rushed for 2447 on 267 carries. 9.1 a carry.

Ben may run for that and he is only sitting at 130 carries right now. He is rushing for 14 YPC. 

That’s why I said closet to Marco. 

13 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

Lol that is crazy. 

Don’t hold me to it but I read Marco rushed for 2447 on 267 carries. 9.1 a carry.

Ben may run for that and he is only sitting at 130 carries right now. He is rushing for 14 YPC. 

That’s why I said closet to Marco. 

8003 yards rushing 

114 career rushing touchdowns 

128 career touchdowns rushing and passing

1 fumble recovery in the end zone for a touchdown 

1 punt return for a touchdown his freshman year. That against Cornersville 

1971 as a sophomore, 2812 rushing yards his junior year and 2737 his senior year 

6 minutes ago, wholder said:

8003 yards rushing 

114 career rushing touchdowns 

128 career touchdowns rushing and passing

1 fumble recovery in the end zone for a touchdown 

1 punt return for a touchdown his freshman year. That against Cornersville 

1971 as a sophomore, 2812 rushing yards his junior year and 2737 his senior year 

Unreal stats. Y’all have been waiting on another Marco to show up. lol

Ben didn’t get used enough in the previous years like he is this year to have them kinda stats. Good thing Mr. Football is a season award and not a career award. lol 

22 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

Unreal stats. Y’all have been waiting on another Marco to show up. lol

Ben didn’t get used enough in the previous years like he is this year to have them kinda stats. Good thing Mr. Football is a season award and not a career award. lol 

Never will be another Marco 

I maybe wrong on this but Marco had better numbers his sophomore year than the Trousdale Co winner in 05. TC won state that year and the kid was a stud. Marco wasn’t even a finalist. 

Edited by wholder