Best 1/2A team ever?

TheBlueprint

3 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

It's not a team that hasn't played in the past 15 years or so. With respect to the older champions of course. Could definitely make the claim for most dominant but best..no. 

I don’t see anyone in the last 20 years that could compete with that 97 TC team.

They were big, fast, and well coached!

10 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

They also beat Bruceton away 28-0 when both teams were healthy that year.  

Yeah think it was season opener or early game anyway. Couldn’t remember score. No disrespect intended just giving bruceton a nod. They had pretty good teams back then

6 hours ago, H2Oman said:

I don’t see anyone in the last 20 years that could compete with that 97 TC team.

They were big, fast, and well coached!

I'll be honest I never saw them. But I'm guessing if 2016 Dresden came out in a shotgun and 5 receivers they'd mess their pants. I don't even necessarily think 16 Dresden is the best just making a point game has evolved too much. 

11 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I'll be honest I never saw them. But I'm guessing if 2016 Dresden came out in a shotgun and 5 receivers they'd mess their pants. I don't even necessarily think 16 Dresden is the best just making a point game has evolved too much. 

I believe if we have never seen a team, we shouldn't make remarks about them. I have seen both, and if anyone would be messing their pants, it would be the Dresden QB, because NOONE is blocking Scruggs and Timberlake at the 1A level. (Also not to mention, they are fast enough to cover any TE or RB)

1 hour ago, Cam615 said:

I believe if we have never seen a team, we shouldn't make remarks about them. I have seen both, and if anyone would be messing their pants, it would be the Dresden QB, because NOONE is blocking Scruggs and Timberlake at the 1A level. (Also not to mention, they are fast enough to cover any TE or RB)

It's only logical to think a team would have a lot of trouble covering an offense they've never seen. I doubt Dresser would have much trouble picking them apart or running past them despite any mythical hand timed 40 times anyone wants to cite. 

If we are talking the greatest 1A/2A teams of all time I think you have to throw the 1992 Marion Co. Warriors in the mix. 15-0 state champion that beat Brentwood Academy in the 2A State title Game. The 1990 team was also very good and beat MUS in the state title game but just talking 1A/2A got to with 1992 Marion Co which was the beginning of their 56-1 run over 4 years and 3 state titles in that 4 year span. 

1 hour ago, wardawg2038 said:

If we are talking the greatest 1A/2A teams of all time I think you have to throw the 1992 Marion Co. Warriors in the mix. 15-0 state champion that beat Brentwood Academy in the 2A State title Game. The 1990 team was also very good and beat MUS in the state title game but just talking 1A/2A got to with 1992 Marion Co which was the beginning of their 56-1 run over 4 years and 3 state titles in that 4 year span. 

Trousdale in my opinion was the best but that Marion team was pretty special too.

On 3/19/2023 at 3:40 PM, Bigpun54 said:

Yeah think it was season opener or early game anyway. Couldn’t remember score. No disrespect intended just giving bruceton a nod. They had pretty good teams back then

None taken. It was the first game. In the rematch DCA was without its four year starting QB who got hurt the week before. 

• Like 1