Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

4 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Two very good teams.  Hope we see that matchup again in the glass house. 

5 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Gatlinburg Pittman over MiMinn Central last night 76-75 at Central. That’s a impressive win.

Pretty impressive win in the round house. GP must be stacked this year. They’ve beaten some of the best teams in the state. AA is absolutely loaded. It will not matter who you draw this year. Every single team going to the glass house is really good and I can’t remember a time where that has been the case.  I think AA is actually stronger than AAA this year. 

12 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Pretty impressive win in the round house. GP must be stacked this year. They’ve beaten some of the best teams in the state. AA is absolutely loaded. It will not matter who you draw this year. Every single team going to the glass house is really good and I can’t remember a time where that has been the case.  I think AA is actually stronger than AAA this year. 

I think you nailed it.  AA has been a stronger than AAA last year and this year.  I don't think it will always be that way; it will likely cycle back and forth.  

AA is absolutely loaded right now.  I think state tournament looks like this:

Regions 1-2: Gatlinburg and McMinn Central

Regions 3-4: York and East Nashville or Westmoreland

Regions 5-6: 2 of Huntingdon, Cheatham Co, Summertown and Loretto

Regions 7-8: Gibson Co and Westview

Gatlinburg, McMinn, York, Gibson Co and maybe Huntingdon all have enough talent to win the whole thing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

If TSSAA came out and said we need two volunteers from AA to join the AAA State Tournammet they would be crazy not to. AA is loaded to the max. 

8 hours ago, maddams said:

I think you nailed it.  AA has been a stronger than AAA last year and this year.  I don't think it will always be that way; it will likely cycle back and forth.  

Gatlinburg, McMinn, York, Gibson Co and maybe Huntingdon all have enough talent to win the whole thing.

Don’t leave out Canon Co in region 5-6 very good team could beat any of the 4 on a given night 

4 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

So a conclusion is.. AA could maybe go 10-11 deep on a given night that “could” win it all?

They will have 8 really good teams. AAA is just not as deep as AA this year, IMO. Don't know about 10-11 but they will have 8 good one's.

14 hours ago, maddams said:

Sorry @maddams nobody in AA was beating us last year! AA is loaded this year but last year we was different, I agree with 99.9 of the stuff that you post. But this the .1% that I disagree with! 

4 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Sorry @maddams nobody in AA was beating us last year! AA is loaded this year but last year we was different, I agree with 99.9 of the stuff that you post. But this the .1% that I disagree with! 

That's probably true, though Westview and York would probably argue that point.  Those teams were great and had elite PG play, which was required to play with you guys last year.  

What I meant in the original post was overall AA was stronger than AAA last year.  Westview and York (best two teams in the tournament) played in the first round.  Gibson County, McMinn Central, Gatlinburg were all there and were really good teams.  AAA had South Side and Upperman (best two teams in the tournament) in the first round.  Elizabethton was really good.  Other than those three, the other AAA teams were solid but not great.

49 minutes ago, maddams said:

That's probably true, though Westview and York would probably argue that point.  Those teams were great and had elite PG play, which was required to play with you guys last year.  

What I meant in the original post was overall AA was stronger than AAA last year.  Westview and York (best two teams in the tournament) played in the first round.  Gibson County, McMinn Central, Gatlinburg were all there and were really good teams.  AAA had South Side and Upperman (best two teams in the tournament) in the first round.  Elizabethton was really good.  Other than those three, the other AAA teams were solid but not great.

Southside had a generational team last year. Probably only Bearden and Bradley Central would have had a chance to beat them and not sure of that. AAA is down this year but it will bounce back quickly. Back to AA. York has zero seniors to my knowledge that start. Which is pretty amazing