2024 Class 1A Early Predictions

bballfan12121

4 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

Why would anyone choose Pickett County?

And why wouldn't they? They have added a GREAT player, went into overtime at Chattanooga Prep in the substate last year, have 5 starters back, have been to the state 10 times and have won 2 state championships. They have a former Mr. Basketball and state championship winner as coach as well. What an odd statement for you to make. They have been a great program since the late 1980s. They are also in one of the toughest districts in the state if not the toughest. 7A had 4 teams in the AP Top Ten last year and 3 at one point most of the season. Don't you know much about single A teams? You sound like someone who has been soundly beaten by PC, or are just jealous.

Edited by bobcatfan#1
added to it

• 1 month later...

A little early for basketball, but me and my buddy were talking and Region 4 play will be a tough place to be. Clay, Pickett, ER ,and Knowledge and the loser has to travel to Chattanooga to take on Cheat prep. I’m assuming ER, Pickett, and Chattanooga Prep are the 3 favorites with the talent they both have returning and Clay always has a squad along with Knowledge bringing back a few key players from last years team. Could be a little gauntlet to get through and wouldn’t be surprised if the state winner and runner up are from region 3 and 4.

On 8/8/2023 at 9:48 AM, bobcatfan#1 said:

Pickett County now has Nathaniel Cobb who attended Allardt Elementary in Fentress County, but is from Pickett County. He chose Pickett County for high school. He is listed at 6'3" but when I spoke with him yesterday, he looked taller. He is an impact player and was a Tennessee Impact All Star player and should add a lot to a team already expected to go to the state. Being a freshman and new to a team that already has starters back, to be fair to those players, he might not start, but he certainly will get a lot of playing time.

If he's better than any of the starters, shouldn't he start? In sports its fair for the best kids to play in my opinion. I really dislike programs and coaches that play kids because of what grade they're in or because they've been playing there and a new kid comes instead of playing who earned the spot and makes the team better. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Excited to see what Richland does. They have mostly juniors (1 senior) with size and speed .. Get to see what they have early with games vs ER , Clay, Pickett, Loretto, and a very tough (at least over the summer) Mt Pleasant.. With the work in the weight room in the off season, at least they won’t get pushed around this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Perry County and Indiana legend, as well as the #16 overall pick in the 2001 NBA Draft Kirk Haston has a son who is in high school this year. His second youngest is in 7th grade. There are some talent coming up in Perry County but they got to continue to develop and continue to get better. There's alot of potential.

Edited by PCsupporter4life

• 4 weeks later...

Perry County Freshman Kenner Haston, the son of Kirk Haston (the #16 overall pick in the 2001 NBA Draft), had a good debut last night with 20 points against Riverside. These Sophomores and Freshman are going to keep getting better and they had their times last night that showed it might come sooner, rather than later. 

Edited by PCsupporter4life

• 2 weeks later...

Will someone please get Tarlton out of North Greene. The way he treats them is very unacceptable, and he plays all the wrong people. He can’t coach a lick and blames it on the players, he wonders why they haven’t gotten any better, isn’t it the coaches job to better his players?

Edited by baldeagle22

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 9:11 PM, baldeagle22 said:

Will someone please get Tarlton out of North Greene. The way he treats them is very unacceptable, and he plays all the wrong people. He can’t coach a lick and blames it on the players, he wonders why they haven’t gotten any better, isn’t it the coaches job to better his players?

I’ve always been a Tarlton fan but I’ll admit it’s probably not a good idea to blame the team for every loss and take the credit when they win. Eventually you’re going to lose the team.