2023 2A Predictions

Chiefbigfoot

I think whatever teams comes out of region 7 has to have a pretty good shot at the title. It is still really, really early. We are not going to know who is about it till about week 5.

Huntingdon, Milan, Riverside, Peabody..... What? This is going to be a lot of fun to watch play out. 

Admittedly, I do not know much about 2A in the middle or the east but this has to be one of the hardest regions in the state. I think playing such a tough schedule is going to prepare them for a shot at the Gold. 

On 5/26/2023 at 11:27 AM, ManOfMillions said:

I think whatever teams comes out of region 7 has to have a pretty good shot at the title. It is still really, really early. We are not going to know who is about it till about week 5.

Huntingdon, Milan, Riverside, Peabody..... What? This is going to be a lot of fun to watch play out. 

Admittedly, I do not know much about 2A in the middle or the east but this has to be one of the hardest regions in the state. I think playing such a tough schedule is going to prepare them for a shot at the Gold. 

It has to be the toughest region in the state. I know Peabody graduated a bunch, but they are Peabody and they always reload. Milan is Milan. Riverside and Huntingdon split last year and only lost a few starters and most skilled players return. 

4 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Just seems like everybody is going to pencil in those four teams in Region 6-2A already. Nobody is giving Camden, Adamsville, JCM, and even Gibson County a shot.

I think the 4th spot is wide open.  Trenton lost too many seniors not to have a down year.

15 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Just seems like everybody is going to pencil in those four teams in Region 6-2A already. Nobody is giving Camden, Adamsville, JCM, and even Gibson County a shot.

I think Adamsville will be the most competitive and could take the 4th spot over Peabody. Don't know much about JCM to comment on them. Gibson County hasn't been very good. I don't expect them to make that kind of flip in 1 year. Camden COULD be a darkhorse, especailly if they improve that passing game more than what they had last year and beef up the defense. I'm not sure how many they bring back though. I would put the top four mentioned as the favorite to be top four in this region, but in which order? Who knows. 

10 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

I think Adamsville will be the most competitive and could take the 4th spot over Peabody. Don't know much about JCM to comment on them. Gibson County hasn't been very good. I don't expect them to make that kind of flip in 1 year. Camden COULD be a darkhorse, especailly if they improve that passing game more than what they had last year and beef up the defense. I'm not sure how many they bring back though. I would put the top four mentioned as the favorite to be top four in this region, but in which order? Who knows. 

Right now, I have to go with Riverside, Huntingdon, Milan, and Peabody. I just don't want people to assume that these teams will automatically make it in. Milan may have another 2022 season where injuries can riddle their season. Just got to play the season. If teams can continue to improve throughout the duration of the season then it'll definitely make things interesting.

16 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Right now, I have to go with Riverside, Huntingdon, Milan, and Peabody. I just don't want people to assume that these teams will automatically make it in. Milan may have another 2022 season where injuries can riddle their season. Just got to play the season. If teams can continue to improve throughout the duration of the season then it'll definitely make things interesting.

I don't even know if I my order will be close at all, but if I had too, I would go Riverside, Huntingdon, Milan, and Adamsville. Me putting Adamsville ahead of Peabody is no shot towards Trenton, I'm just basing that off of the talks on how many they lost. Those 2 could be flipped. I think Riverside/Huntingdon could be flipped as well. Huntingdon brings back alot and the younger players will have more experience and getting back some players from injury will help too. Riverside of course brings back alot as well, so who knows it's hard to pick lol. Bottom 4 would be Peabody, Camden, JCM, and Gibson County. I believe it'll be a shootout with those top four and Peabody though. This, of course, would be with all teams healthy, or at least healthy enough to make it out of this region, into the post season. And we all know my top 5 always play better down the stretch. I'm not sure exactly the last time I was this excited about a season. Going to be a good one!